NEW STOCK RS4 1/4 MILE RECORD TODAY

So we had a bunch of cars out to Toronto Motorsports Park today. They were (as near as i can remember…I’ll update/correct after the guys chime in on their bests)

jspazz - B8 S4 DSG with tune + pulley - ran 12.17 @ 113 (pretty close to his best times)
81bear - B8 S4 DSG with all the goodies - ran 12.2 @ 113 (a bit slower than his best times)
turbobaby - B8 S4 DSG with REVO 93 tune only - ran 12.3 @ 113 (first time running tuned)
seinsmeld - B8 S4 DSG with GIAC 91 tune and I’m not sure what else - ran 12.8 @ 109 (first time running tuned)
boravr6 - B7 S4 MT6 with JHM 93 tune and 2.5" catless fullback - ran 13.1 @ 105 (new best)
bangoman - B6 S4 Avant MT6 with JHM 93 tune, piggies, 2.5" mflow exhaust + JHM IV clutch/fw - ran 13.4 @ 104 (first time running tuned)
harp - Mk II TT 3.2 MT6 bone stock - 14.5 @ ?? (can’t remember)

Other cars there included

B5 S4 - Tial 605 and full stage III. Not sure what fuel he ran, but - 12.1 @ 118 was the best time I saw (I’ve seen that car run 11.9 before…it’s the Tial world record holder according to the AZ list)
B5 S4 - hopefully bone stock - low 15s @ 98
B8 S5 4.2 - hopefully stock as well - high 14s @ 100-101
E93 M3 (cab) MT - " " - high 13s @ 108-109
C63 AMG - weirdest car of the day…consistently ran low 13s @ 110. I ran against him twice and was a couple buslengths in front both races (we have them filmed) . When I loooked at our shared slip I could see he had 2.5 second 60 foot times. Explains that! Still the MPH wasn’t that awesome. 112-114 is more normal for those cars.

I was also there in my 2008 bone stock Avus Silver B7 RS4 (CAR 6398). My car had previously run 12.94 @ 107 at Cayuga which is the third fastest stock time I’ve heard on the forums, so really I was just there to take some photos, film some runs and shoot the shit. But the DA was awesome (around -500 most of the day) so I decided to run my car. I did so full interior, stock wheels and tire size, and with 1/4 tank of Petro Canada (Suncor) 94 octane. Car has 35,000 miles on or so, and has never been carbon cleaned.

1st run was a test, and I fucked up the launch. It launched hard, but I had rolled forward and started the clocks early. 13.0 @ 106 with a 2.0 60 foot time.
2nd run was a beauty. Car launched great, cut a 1.84 sixty foot time (first time in the RS4 for me to be better than 1.90) and ran on to a new RS4 stock record - 12.81 @ 107.7 MPH! The previous stock record was jnaut who ran 12.84 @ 107.7 so it was cool to nick him.

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/319527271.jpg

After this I basically shut it down for a while…threw in a couple of runs without cooling the car. These were 12.9 @ 107 mostly, + one with ESP on (FAIL!) and another where I clean missed second (FAIL AGAIN)…shot the shit and took some photos and video.

A while later when a few of the B8 guys left, bangoman, bora and I threw down a few more runs. Fortunately we got them ALL on video because they were sweet!

12.79 @ 108…2 (1.85 sixty foot)
12.77 @ 108.2 (1.85 sixty foot)
12.75 @ 108.3 (1.83 sixty foot)

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/414442169.jpg

I also ran the C63. As you can see he was having trouble off the line (most all the non-audis were it seemed).

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/584254896.jpg

All in all it was a great day for motorcar racing, and everyone was really cool. True gentlemen (even seinsmeld :D)

Biblically good. Congrats once again!

Nice job. Great post.

Wow. Outstanding work. Stock rs4’s will be hard pressed to beat that time.

everything just lined up right. Great density altitude…car was strong…new launch technique worked well…and I was banging out pretty good shifts.

Frankly I don’t think any well running stock RS4 would have trouble doing this. elevens mentioned this on his audiworld thread. Launch it well and make great gearshifts in good DA and good times happen.

nice work, just about as fast as the fastest N/A V8 S4 very impressive… wish I was in a position to get an RS4

Congrats Saki! Very impressive driving… Happy for you… Oh I thought Auditude or his dad got like 12.5x stock? ;D lol Now start modding! Vids?

Vids soon… (maybe tomorrow)

Well done saki, congrats on the record…

Can’t wait for pics and vids, sounds like it was a fun day

It was a lot of fun, not just racing but seeing what other cars can do and where your own fits in the world. The real draw beyond the Audis was the Nissan GTR show. Low 11’s all day long at 130-ish and not a hint of drama. So smooth.

the road course had loads of wicked cars too. Vipers, gallardo, 997 gt3 rs 4.0 , ttrs

saki great times, looking forward to the videos. the b8s4 revo tune only car seems strong @ 12.3… were all of his other runs around there?

yeah revo squeezes a LOT out of the b8 and that blower!

Here are the amg kiLLC vids.

These are from my phone so put them in Hd!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYhGs3NeaQk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyMzSM4yYCk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

lol ‘kill’

guy wasn’t so good at launching

when I was in the left lane, I launched well, nailed 1-2 and 2-3…then fucked up 3-4. Damn!

Wow your RS launched hard

How are the guys on quattrofail or RS246 going to take this new record, Saki are you sure you didnt pull a kevkev and pull a timeslip off the net lol

dunno what the ‘carbon buildup costs the rs4 50whp’ guys are going to say lol

hahaha well it should bode well for some interesting threads.

Congrats again though…Hasn’t Jnaut upgraded a couple of parts on his car so he won’t be able to reclaim the record.

How much more do you think there is in a stock RS4 ET wise

Good shit everybody! Way to represent the rings. Looks like you guys had a good time.