Newbie intro and JHM tune

Awesome thanks Ape,
A few members had mentioned you to me before.

I’m after quite a few JHM parts.

The tune I’m hoping to have done before end of the year.
However I’m wanting to order the JHM downpipes with Xpipe in next few weeks. Am I best ordering online direct with JHM or is there a better way for me to order in UK.

I don’t think I’m going to have the bottle to do the map myself, I know it’s straight forward but I literally invest all my money into the car so if anything goes wrong it will be game over.

Transmission cooler kit?
This sounds very useful, don’t suppose you have any links.

I must say I’ve had the issue a few times at pod where car been too hot no launch not engaged. So annoying too.
This could be my final addition to my plans
(Current plan anyway😁)

The transmission cooler can be found here: https://redmistracing.com/ols/products/rmr-transmission-cooler-for-the-audi-rs5-b8b85-2010-to-2016

And yes, reach out to me on anything JHM, sales@redmistracing.com and I’ll take care of you! My business web site is www.redmistracing.com. But contact me directly via email for best pricing.

On the tune, it really is quite easy, you just need a good internet connection and either a battery charger or another running car connected to yours with jumper cables. But I get the hesitancy! I flash a lot of cars so it’s become second nature. I sometimes forget how nerve racking your first flash can be.

Awesome thanks so much, just sent email regarding downpipes as I’ll need to place an order end of month for those.

Oil cooler is going to have to wait till the tune is done as I just can’t make enough money fast enough haha.

Just replied to you and I fully understand! I’m frugal myself. I really don’t have anything special on my car other than the tune, my trans cooler and the JHM exhaust. I have Bilstein coil-overs even though I’m an Ohlins dealer, just can’t afford to switch over to those just yet.

1 Like

Glad you have got sorted Mick and made contact with Michel :blush:

At least you know what’s out there now and once you have enough penny’s lol you can get everything you want from Michel :+1:

Haha yep all sorted. As long as got everything done and ready for next summer it’s fine. Although I’m so impatient when comes to the car.

I think I’ve got a good plan though and if able to get each part done every other month I’ll be done on time.

I’m dreading what I’m going to be wanting to do next year though once chasing the times again.

Really hoping with these mods I get into the 11s range.

I’m sure you will get it all done in time sounds like your on it !

I know you will be in the 11’s next year no worries at all :blush:

You will love the stage 2 tune it really does transform the car in to the car Audi should of gave us in the first place !!

The transmission cooler is a beautiful bit of kit, it helps mantain the peak power of the car even when you have been giving it some, it also prevents damage due to excessive temps the transmission can get to. I’ve had mine for a long time now and it’s been faultless no issue’s at all and that’s a massive thanks to Michel for doing all the hard work and testing in the first place !

Good luck with everything and keep us posted on how you get on and how things are going with all the mods. :blush::+1:

1 Like

Read my post on Audizine on the JHM tune, I don’t like the experience of driving the car after tuning it, the cold start is horrific to a point it’s almost dangerous, the idle misfires and the throttle sensitivity is turned up to 11 which destroys the driving experience in traffic. I regret flashing mine and I’m looking to roll it back to stock.

James, I’ve only got about 50mi on mine so far but have had none of those issues. I am using the Cat delete & SAI delete tune though which may be different than yours.

I don’t know what’s going on with mine, comfort feels more aggressive than dynamic , the gearbox is all over the place with shifting and the car just isn’t a nice experience to drive, to a point where I don’t want to drive it now. That’s why I’m looking to move back to stock if it can’t be rectified.

I don’t want to rely on JHMs legendary customer service to start fixing it…

This is a weird one I’m on the same tune as Mark but have had the tune you are meant to have and have not had your problems, agreed throttle response is sensitive but only in sport modes not in D so much and I’m now use to it and it fine.

Have you tried re-flashing the tune as I had to do this once before as I picked up a bug while down loading the tune it made my car run very lumpy on cold starts and just drove terribly. Might be worth a shot to try it again if you have not done this already ?

This is exactly why I’m not confident flashing myself.

@JamesRS5 When I asked they had the stock files uploaded onto the server already.

Yes stock files should be on there.

Mick, I’ve flashed lots of times for different reasons and this only happened once to me but I thought it could be the reason why James is having issues. If your going through Michel then he will help and we are on here if you get stuck so dont worry.

1 Like

Thanks Steve, won’t lie I will be coming to you guys.
I’m going straight to stage 2 is this the same tune as you guys

This one has me scratching my head.
Others don’t have the same issues as you
You don’t know what’s going on
And you don’t want to ask the company that makes your product for help… Just sounds like you don’t want help.

Have you emailed the V10@jhmotorsports.com on this? That is the email I would send. Other wise you’re getting the sales team. I know those guys work hard to help in these situations.

1 Like

Thanks for your assessment.

Although I don’t feel I should but let me justify what I’m saying.

I don’t have time to deal with JHM and the backwards and forwards that usually happens when you raise an issue with them. The car lives 44 floors below my apartment in a basement with no internet connection. I get possibly 1 day per week when I actually get to see the car, my work schedule doesn’t give me much spare time and what I do have I’d like to spend with my little boy. To connect the car up and try to flash new software will require using my friends house and garage WiFi connection, his schedule is busier than mine. So what do I do, I have a car which on the 1 day I get to drive is not a nice experience and only frustrates the hell out of me, I have no time or capability to go backwards and forwards trying to resolve an issue which isn’t my doing and is an issue with the software in the car.
What are my option, I’ll bite the bullet and accept I paid a lot of money for a bad tune and move on, I just want to go back to stock and be done with the hassle of this car.

Sorry if I shared my experience of the stage two tune with you all, I should have kept my issues to myself.

1 Like

You didn’t justify anything to be honest. You IMO just showed your a bit irrational. All anyone is saying is that if they have an issue or had an issue they would and have contacted the correct people to get it fixed.

You just gave a list of excuses on why you don’t want to help yourself. without even trying…

But with all your excuses on why you can’t flash update your car or even try to help yourself you left out the fact that if you flash back to stock you have to still deal with all the issues you said were present on why you can’t flash update your car to fix any issues.

Some people like to just complain and if that’s you. Go for it. Have a hoot. But if your just frustrated and looking for a bit of direction. Maybe listen to the fact that maybe there is something more going on.

Well if there is a cold start issue to the point it’s “Dangerous” you should take your car in for service perhaps and have it looked at. as That’s not a thing

Again maybe something to have looked at. Misfires and getting the throttle body adapted would be of good help

After you get the tune you need to actually drive the car so the DSG and ECU will adapt. Sounds like that’s not happened yet…

People are telling you they have the same tune as you and don’t have these issues or these experiences. So you have issues others don’t have. You don’t know what’s going on… and you don’t want to email the company to try and get help… But it’s JHMs fault…Thats an interesting way to go about it.

If you want to be upset for the sake of being upset. Have at it. I think I and others are just trying to give you perspective to help you as this is a car community that is here to see everyone happy.

2 Likes

Thank you again for your opinion/insults.

I’m just saying I want to do a one time flash back to stock and be done.

1 Like