Newbie intro and JHM tune

Agree with justincredible, I’ve not been out off one bit. Everyone here so far has been more than I expected helpful and even without JHM support the guys here are trying to help.

Can’t wait to get my tune done
The sensitive throttle don’t bother me one bit too as I can wait to smash that accelerator down to the floor.

I here with the tune the launch control sits around 4k instead of 3k rpm too.
Can’t wait for that adrenaline to pump through my veins as I launch down the drag strip :grin:

I have a small boy too well he’s 12 now and he loves going out in the car to shows and watch races sadly he has to be 16 to be able to go down the drag with me but we can’t wait for that day.

2 Likes

Try 6k launch that’s what stage 2 gives you. So you better hold on :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh nice :crazy_face:

1 Like

I hope this hasn’t put you off posting on here in the future – Particularly, about issues which are all valuable to know about for the rest of us.

2 Likes

Absolutely not, I’m a car fanatic. I have no money but somehow find it for my car. It’s an addiction. I’ve been in enough forums met enough forum mechanics. I used to use Audi sport alot but when asked about air filters and sent videos.on how performance filters can cause damage I was off. I’m totally aware modifying my car has risks…it’s part of the car scene for me. Guys like yourself, SteveRS4 , ape and just incredible have given me so much faith. For so long I’ve wanted to find people on the same page as myself.
I appreciate some people like to have an RS for its rarity but for me it was for power.
I’ve had enough Audiis to trust reliability.

The post from James (no offense.but it is my thread after all) has not put me off. No interest in help which has been offered and the fact he don’t drive the car is completely different to my situation where my car is used daily.

I have my plan for mods as I’ve mentioned and I’m sticking to that plan.

Xpipe and dPs JHm will be ordered end of month. Stage 2 tune hopefully by Christmas. (Steve and ape will be harrassed by me at this point :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:) then I’m hoping to get the oil cooler kit so come march April next year I can post some new personal bests on the drag strip :crazy_face:

1 Like

Like I say I’m here if you need help on flashing the tune and I’m here if you need help on the transmission cooler as I fitted mine myself so know how it works and goes together pretty well :blush::+1:

1 Like

Ah ha I found you finally! @Yorkshire_mick

Hey @SteveRS4 always good to see your posts, they always confirm some question re our cars hanging in my mind

Also, let me put in my vote of confidence for the JHM stage 2 remap. I’m no mechanic, I’m a city boy in Hong Kong, so I was clueless in the beginning. Thanks to Michel who’s a right legend @Ape_Factory he walked me through every step in his video. I borrowed a trickle charger and did exactly what Steve did, 20-30 minutes charge and then remap. No problem at all, and now the car is wide awake! I tried the 6K RPM launch control the other day (first time in 9 years, since ownership from new) and it’s bloody glorious :innocent::innocent::innocent: beat an APR Stage 1 B8.5 S4 avant by at least 1-1.5 car lengths.

So what’s the latest? Got those JHM downpipes + mid pipes installed?

I’ve always been curious, since the JHM pipes are made for RS5, which is a much shorter wheel base than the RS4 avant, how did you get them to fit your RS4, Steve/Mick? Any welding needed?

BR,
Andrew from HK

Hey Andrew. Good to finally see you here :grin:

JHM tune is the route I’m taking if I ever manage to get the funds together
Everytime I’ve been ready something has happened. The latest one been bad shock so had to replace the shocks. I opted for the Koni shocks on standard springs and removed DRC with the strut I think it works perfectly for road use. I also need to do my breaks as you know haha I’ll be looking at girodisk but currently I think it will be Reylands.

As for the downpipes yep they are on. Been in for a while now. Straight swap. Old one off new one on.

I’m pretty sure mechanically the RS5 is the same as out B8 RS4s
Either way I can say for mine I had nothing to cut or change. Someone with a ramp did mine for me and took them no time at all.

The RS4 and RS5 share most components.
My exhaust i had made its 2.75inch all the way through no cats there gone an x pipe in the exact same place as JHM’s i then have 2 small resonators and Miltek rear mufflers with valves !
Sounds ace and works perfect with the mods I have !!