Oct 4th St. Thomas/Sparta 5252 Track Day

If you’re referring to me… I’ll let the video answer that…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tHsx8j7-khA

I went 4-1 against Jeff head to head… Yeah, he’s made changes to his car but I may have also? ;D

Weather doesn’t look the greats but I am still driving up. Leaving soon.

You’ll have some pretty epic DA, hope you get some runs in…expecting to see you at the top 8)

60lbs is the stocker!

Epic? Or like +500 feet?

To me epic is -1000 or better. The atco/etown/MD guys see -1500 so often they don’t even smile.

He asked if his rs4 will see taillights all day. Not if you would see Jeff’s taillights.

I guess it’s all relative lol, but nice relative to recent conditions (40 deg in SE Michigan right now). Says milan will be ~0 tonight, so I assumed St Thomas would be better: http://www.airdensityonline.com/trackForecast.php?trackname=Milan%20Dragway&bar=29.204535603794

But yea…epic is a stretch :stuck_out_tongue:

What? He asked if other S4s that were commenting in the post were coming and if so if he would he see their tail lights while admitting he would see Jeff’s… I was the “other” S4 commenting so I showed him how my car compared to Jeff head to head… I think that’s a fair way to answer his inquiry…

Looking forward to the results guys ;D

11.5?

Ad

Quit living in the past Ron!

:slight_smile:

Do tell Ron, do tell. We all know you haven’t been waiting all this time and done nothing to your car! :slight_smile: good luck today boys! I need some motavation to get back in the game.

New S4 Records: 60’, 1/4 ET, and still highest trap.

Will post when I get home.

Not by much, but great for conditions and DA

Awesome Jeff! Can’t wait to hear the results… 11.5x!!! Congrats!!!

Wow good for you. Keep us posted. I will be interesting to see how you did. I’m a little out of the loop on the B8 stuff. Thus will mean a new fastest guy now right.

So day started off shitty. Raining, track was still wet at 11am when they were supposed to start. By the time everything was organized and got started it was already 1:30-2:00 pm.

First passes of the day were garbage, car spun every time and short shifted 1-2 at around 5200-5400 rpm and ruined the passes. Then they started the Small Tire shootout events and the track prep got worse and worse and wait times went up, 1 pass every 20 min.

I was starting to get discouraged as it was getting warmer out and the headwind was getting stronger. As more and more cars were eliminated from the small tire shootouts, the Test and Tune/Grudge Racers were able to lap faster and faster. I finally got some good passes out, and they ranged anywhere from 11.7x-11.9x at 116.xx-118.xx, nothing too impressive.

I managed to cut a 1.6042 60’ using GIAC’s launch control, this is the fastest 60’ I have ever cut and the fastest I believe any S4 has ever cut as well. I will officially say the launch control is more effective as it netted me my best 60’s of the day. When it didn’t spin the tires of course.

The current record is 11.615@118.33MPH with a 60’ of 1.667 and a DA of -473

The best pass for me of the day was 11.6108@119.12 with a 60’ of 1.6569 and a DA of approx 450’ using a temp of 6 degrees C, 3 degrees dew point, 800’ elevation, and ambient pressure of 1000 hpa.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/04/dabf18a3e71f6cdae71677c5dae7b7e3.jpg

Crazy 60 foot. Wow you guys are really rubbing the limits of what these cars are able to do.

You also did it in a positive DA.

Congrats brother!

Congrats! Good to see it was a GIAC car. Maybe it will get APR’s ass in gear and get us a dsg tune, among other things. Can we get a updated list of all mods and wheel size? Thanks.
Btw my warranty just “officially” ended, so let the fun begin…

Is it me or is it crazy that the 3 fastest b8 s4s are 1/100 of a second apart. Two at 11.61…one at 11.62

I did a DA just as we were leaving and I got 455 feet. congrats man yer cars a beast, loud as fuck too. glad I got there just in time for the pass, and the rain lol. I got my car over 300 kph on the way home so at least I got a new record for myself lol.