Picked up my first A4

Hahaa… cool!

That is so funny because he refused to let me test drive the Stage II A3 that I originally went to see. He kept going on and on about insurance problems, and that he was the only one there and couldnt let me go alone.

After about 10min of back and forth, he finally just gave me the keys and let me take it.

It’s funny because who will buy a car without test driving it? But I guess they have a lot of Yahoos coming by for a quick rip around the block.

The test drive of the A3 helped me figure out immediately that that was not the car for my wife. And the FWD seemed to ruin what would otherwise be a fun car for myself. It was spinning tires on dry pavement when rolling and floored.

ya I built a turbo integra awhile back and it made 330 to the wheels, high power and fwd sux. probably the fastest car I ever owned though.

ill never go back to fwd again. is the A3 not available in awd at all?

Yes, the A3 came in AWD, but not with the 2.0t until later years (which were above what I was willing to pay)

I found a nice one with AWD and the 3.2. However, the AWD and 3.2 take the car weight up to over 3700 pounds!!! It weighs practically the same as the A4 avant. I test drove it, and it was nice. But colour combo wasnt great. $8500+tax if anyone is interested. Way below VMW wholesale value.

So, when I found the low km A4 Avant with AWD and 2.0t, I jumped on it. Way more car for the money.

I just talked to Leading Edge, and they got a 2008 R32 in. There is a lot of hype about it and the price reflects that. Asking is $20k Funny thing is, the A3 3.2 that I looked at has the same engine and AWD. But in the Audi it isnt in much demand. Throw the same drivetrain in the VW and everybody goes nuts. Its a bizarro world.

theres no way id cough 20k for a 2008 R32. bizarro world indeed.

Careful …Looks like a non s-line A4 so the RS4 grill won’t fit.

Just get a blacked out a4 grill or something.

Good to know. I wasnt aware.