Project Audi V10 5.2 Performance S6 / S8

Awesome update !!!

Great update, and I echo those sentiments! Mine was one of the first (probably the 2nd or 3rd) S6 to get the tune, and the results are incredible. It’s a different car. Dollar for dollar, you’re not going to beat this product with any other upgrades. After you get your car up to par with any deferred maintenance, the first thing you should do is the tune, because quite frankly anything else you do won’t make much difference until the tune allows the car to fully utilize your other upgrades.

Question - have there been any updates in the tune recently? My tune has been in for about 7 months now, so if there’s a “latest and greatest” I’d love to hear what changed and if I should look into getting it flashed again. Thanks!

Very nice to ear about this performance parts very nice JHM !, one question , have you test with de-cat pipes? any info regarding the headers? does the tune adjust for better fuel , over here 102 oct ron or 96-7 mon its the best fuel you can get ( What I use on my cars) .
Thanks In advance.
Regards and keep the excelent work.

round of applause

This is the most comprehensive review so far and I cannot agree more. Thanks for taking the time to write this. Now if only i could find a gopro to borrow lol

I think if you ask JHM they can have the tune customized to match your fuel options.

The tune adapts up several points in fuel quality and the tune adapts for the more open flow of the headers. You can email the V10@jhmotorsports email and ask them more. If you already have the JHM tune and can provide them logs I think they’ll make updates for your fuel quality for a small fee. Other changes like SAI off and other options I believe are available.

As for the headers. That is the crossroad I’m at. Do I sent my car to JHM for the stage 1 supercharger Beta program or pull my motor and build another set of headers for my car.

I’ll update where my car is at currently, in the next few days looking to get some feedback from the members on what they think is a good direction.

That is the easiest decision ever !!! The answer is completely obvious.

Of course, you must do both :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answer Mr Vohn .

Regarding to your question , I think you shoud finish the n/a route and see where the performance go first , If its posible to get over 110 mph in the 1/4 on the s8 that would be perfect , that means
You have left wheels and header… that probably its good for 3-4 mph more following the logic on the s4 v8 proyect, but maybe here the gains are more since you dont have the cats out yet…
Regards.

Please oh please get the supercharger…

I believe its a civic duty to do both. I would like to see the headers first and a few runs at the track. I think the headers would put you into the 12.5 range or better with a 110mph. I picked up a good amount of MPH when I did the JHM headers on my 4.2 S4

I think that he should do headers and then the SC. If I had time then I would come up there and help with the headers.

I think i’d go with headers first, then SC.

Headers, Headers, Headers…

Headers then blower.

Well, the choice seems clear now. I think it makes sense for me to pull myself off the beta list for now for the JHM supercharger. I wanted to get my car from the 12s into the 11s by the end of this year and the JHM supercharger kit would have put me well into the 11-second range.

The good news is that me taking myself off the JHM supercharger list opens up a spot for another Audirevolution S6 guy to get on the JHM beta supercharger list. So tell your friends ;D

I think it makes more sense for me to let someone else take my spot and since the JHM beta supercharger program only lets in so many customers and the V10 program is growing with so much excitement, I want to see the platform continue to grow.

Here is where my car is at. Last year after blasting the low 13second pass I felt great but really felt like the car was still choked off somehow. luckily the JHM tune popped up a lean code for the car that led me on a chase to find out what the issue was. I wanted to slowly learn what I could so, I took my time and did as many logs as I could and spent as much time as I could to learn more about the car and how each system worked.

I knew it was going to be injector related as let’s face it. Everyone one of us has had to replace an injector or more. we are starting to see just how big of an issue injectors are on our cars. I actually talked about this here in this post.
http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=3950.msg114965#msg114965

So, what I found out was that my injectors were definitely holding the car back. I asked a local friend (Justincredible) to come by and help get as much data as I can. The issue was definitely getting worse and we spotted an anomaly that could have been in part why some in the past have had damaged cats that required replacement. Seems one of my injectors was actually leaking. It took a long time to find this and figure it out. The cost of all the logging and time to see how bad injectors effect the car and what can happen when you drive around with a leaking injector. It took out my primary 02 on bank 4. The bad news is if you want to replace that 02 you need to drop the motor.

After knowing that headers are the obvious choice. Now I’ll start gearing up for dropping the motor and building the headers for the car. The entire process will take several months and I would like to see the car back on the road just before the track season ends in November.

Before we get into that I think my next post should be about the injectors and what we learned from testing. I’ll tell you what. If you haven’t had your injectors tested or replaced. It’s not a bad idea to consider doing so.

I got with JHM and they’re testing injectors at 110bar, cleaning the injectors and testing them again at 110bar. That is so important, as I’ve not seen any other company even those that offer cleaning services actually testing them at 110bar. The other injector cleaning and testing companies only test at about 5 bar some might get up to maybe 10 bar but my injectors didn’t even show a leak until 30 bar. So conventional testing methods outside of what JHM is doing wouldn’t have even shown a leak and the leak is what caused the damage to my 02 sensor leading to me now needing to pull the motor.

My next post will be the testing results I got back from JHM and some pictures of the injectors after I removed them.

Its the most sense thing to do… very very tempted in buying a s8 now , very nice car but with a big lack of performance now thing has change.
Regards.

Pd Where or who Do I have to contact for the header?

How much was the cost for the kit? I’m not on the west coast, but I’m pretty sure that I’ll want to supercharge eventually.

If I read this right, JHM is offering injector cleaning now?!

Hmm. Supercharger… tempting.