Re: Ultimate B7 A4 2.0T Information Thread

Damn the b7 a4 section blew up the past few days… guru good to have you

How much boost do these cars make stock
Can you tell us about the turbos (oem)
How much do they weigh

Some good information about the RS4 Injectors in this thread http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/526796-RS4-Injectors-B-MELTED-INTAKE-B-WARNING-TO-THE-BT-BUILDS

Bummer lol

Post updated with new information

just saw the JHM car made it to the top of the list. I would love to get some of this information please…

just saw the JHM car made it to the top of the list. I would love to get some of this information please…

They have a K03, the make roughly 10-12psi stock, and the sedans are roughly 3500-3600 lbs (debatable)

They have a K03, the make roughly 10-12psi stock, and the sedans are roughly 3500-3600 lbs (debatable)

After seeing how helpful the b8 S4 information thread was. Can you update this thread with information like?

What’s the gear ratio for the automatic cars?
Ko3, how is this ko4 vs. Say the old 1.8t or the older S4? I think compressor and exhaust wheel size would be helpful in distinguishing the difference between stock ko3 and the other potential turbo options.

After seeing how helpful the b8 S4 information thread was. Can you update this thread with information like?

What’s the gear ratio for the automatic cars?
Ko3, how is this ko4 vs. Say the old 1.8t or the older S4? I think compressor and exhaust wheel size would be helpful in distinguishing the difference between stock ko3 and the other potential turbo options.

I don’t know the specifics of the S3 K04, but it is a stout little turbo and is a worthwhile upgrade. I would say it is worth a solid 75 awhp with proper software and supporting mods with little to no sacrifice of spool over a K03. It’s probably my choice for best daily driver turbo. Depending on the software you choose though, forged rods are HIGHLY encouraged.

I don’t know the specifics of the S3 K04, but it is a stout little turbo and is a worthwhile upgrade. I would say it is worth a solid 75 awhp with proper software and supporting mods with little to no sacrifice of spool over a K03. It’s probably my choice for best daily driver turbo. Depending on the software you choose though, forged rods are HIGHLY encouraged.

Yeah, unlike past engines where the k04 was a tiny upgrade. The K04 on the 2.0T can be quite worth while, similarly to the k04 upgrade for the B5 S4.

The only downfall is that the k04 kits on the market for the 2.0T cost as much as a BT setup, unless go the DIY route with a good used Golf R turbo.

Just curious, as I’m not too knowledgeable on the topic, but I’m surprised there’s not a quality budget option for a billet wheel in a ko4, or is that in essence what JHM’s new turbo kit for the B5 is?

We designed our RS6-RS based on the OEM RS6 turbo, that took a lot of modification to fit the 2.7T. We did quite a few things to them to make perform much better than the OEM RS6 as well as be a bolt on solution.

The only K04 options for the 2.0T are modified OEM (APR, CTS, DIY,etc.) or Chinese K04.

Yeah, unlike past engines where the k04 was a tiny upgrade. The K04 on the 2.0T can be quite worth while, similarly to the k04 upgrade for the B5 S4.

The only downfall is that the k04 kits on the market for the 2.0T cost as much as a BT setup, unless go the DIY route with a good used Golf R turbo.

Just curious, as I’m not too knowledgeable on the topic, but I’m surprised there’s not a quality budget option for a billet wheel in a ko4, or is that in essence what JHM’s new turbo kit for the B5 is?

We designed our RS6-RS based on the OEM RS6 turbo, that took a lot of modification to fit the 2.7T. We did quite a few things to them to make perform much better than the OEM RS6 as well as be a bolt on solution.

The only K04 options for the 2.0T are modified OEM (APR, CTS, DIY,etc.) or Chinese K04.

Let’s keep the thread on track

That is all pretty good B7 2.0T info IMO