Re: Ultimate B7 A4 2.0T Information Thread

People are doing 2.7T swaps now in the B7 Chassis. This thread is 100% on track.

Let’s keep the thread on track

That is all pretty good B7 2.0T info IMO

People are doing 2.7T swaps now in the B7 Chassis. This thread is 100% on track.

ewwwwwwwww, I bet those people also replaced their home theaters with CRT tv’s, and their front door with a bead curtain.

Haha, probably.

ewwwwwwwww, I bet those people also replaced their home theaters with CRT tv’s, and their front door with a bead curtain.

Haha, probably.

You must be new to AR. . . threads rarely stay on track here lol. The toughest part of AR is remember what thread you read a certain bit of interesting info on, because it’s rarely related to the thread title.

All in good fun though, this thread should be a good info source and appreciate your work.

You must be new to AR. . . threads rarely stay on track here lol. The toughest part of AR is remember what thread you read a certain bit of interesting info on, because it’s rarely related to the thread title.

All in good fun though, this thread should be a good info source and appreciate your work.

^ Consider it one of the perks of a smaller community!

I’ve seen 2.0t results all over the board. How can you say what one turbocharger can do more than the other? If the ko4 is bigger how much bigger is it? The acceleration results don’t back any proof showing an improvement.

This backs up what I said above. Where’s the actual proof? We’ve seen dyno results that are effectively useless.Where’s the actual acceleration proof? I think the lack of hard data opens up inflated numbers. Like should be, or like you posted “i would say it’s worth”

The point I’m getting at here is. Mechanical wise how big if any are the differences? One company trying to sell a 2.0t turbocharger, provided a Photoshoped compressor map. essentially mechanically you don’t know what you’re getting with a ko4 or a S3 turbo.

^ Consider it one of the perks of a smaller community!

I’ve seen 2.0t results all over the board. How can you say what one turbocharger can do more than the other? If the ko4 is bigger how much bigger is it? The acceleration results don’t back any proof showing an improvement.

This backs up what I said above. Where’s the actual proof? We’ve seen dyno results that are effectively useless.Where’s the actual acceleration proof? I think the lack of hard data opens up inflated numbers. Like should be, or like you posted “i would say it’s worth”

The point I’m getting at here is. Mechanical wise how big if any are the differences? One company trying to sell a 2.0t turbocharger, provided a Photoshoped compressor map. essentially mechanically you don’t know what you’re getting with a ko4 or a S3 turbo.

My K0R (K04 with machined K03 compressor housing) was a worthwhile upgrade as far as driveability is concerned. Raw numbers aside, I think most people would be happy with the upgrade for daily use.

My K0R (K04 with machined K03 compressor housing) was a worthwhile upgrade as far as driveability is concerned. Raw numbers aside, I think most people would be happy with the upgrade for daily use.

In terms of actual acceleration it makes a big difference for the vw guys with the same engine. Corycan ran 12.8 with his k04 setup

In terms of actual acceleration it makes a big difference for the vw guys with the same engine. Corycan ran 12.8 with his k04 setup

That’s a B8 2.0 on pump as well, race fuel apparently gives these setups a really good kick but I’ve never tried it.

Oh…and a “heavy” Avant :slight_smile:

You ran your time in great da. The parameters of your pump tune are likely conservative enough that with your IC, 94 octane pump fuel and the cool DA you weren’t seeing much timing being pulled.

Unless you meant running race fuel and getting a race fuel tune. Could see some gains there.