Revo 100 1/4 times... Sorta... Lol

Clochner, Yeah Ryan’s car is DSG…

J, I was happy for him when he emailed me the slip… Actually, thought he may improve on the time but looks like it was his best… Hopefully, he will chime in with some details and such… Not sure if he has vids?

Saki, I don’t think westwest is going to change so not sure why I even try to help… If he can’t see there is obviously something wrong with the tune then not sure what to tell him… My guess is still that he had the car in the stock tune mode, something that a quick WOT run would tell us by just looking at the bypass… Oh well his car and shitty times… Like I said I tried… LOL

I put two and two together. Nice car, Bay Area, nerd, cocky, weekend warrior, forum fighter. He confirmed my guess awhile ago.

As an aside, software engineers are in high demand right now, and this is what I believe inflates their egos. Companies are all fighting even over mediocre dev’s,we see this even in Seattle. I can’t imagine what it’s like in Silicon Valley.

West did email me a log from the AZ thread, but it didn’t have a WOT run…west, give it another go if you can, even if it’s on 93.

Yeah west must have been on stock tune, somehow. REVO 100 was slower than 93, but it wasn’t that slow. FWIW I wouldn’t use REVO 100 until I see some proof that’s its been fixed, maybe west or Romano can make a log.

That’s because you’re a classy guy, Ron.

Also don’t like what is being implied about being an engineer. None of my guys have hand lotion, Kleenex and TV remotes on their desks, we just get stuff done…:slight_smile:

Yes, and the M3 was running with the valet key. That’s why we posted the same times. The track is over half a mile long so we did not slow down early. If I allegedly write software for a living don’t you think I would know how to program a computer? Additionally, this is a marginally better time than APR 91 put down at the same facility in the last 9 months.

Can we all calm down and I’ll try it again in June at Sonoma? The strip is just safe entertainment. What I really care about is road courses.

You continue to ignore the underlying point of this thread.

funny old quote I made about rynurz back when our resident superstar engineer was trying to discredit his 11.67

Hopefully Ryan can join when we hit the track next. I’d like to get some videos of his passes.

It’s tempting to add race gas in light of his awesome numbers - but I’d still like to see if my car can do any better on 93. Seems like I shld be able to best the 12.4 time.

He posted here today in the audirevolution dragstrip results thread, showing his timeslips from all his runs. Maybe he’ll chime in here.

Hopefully he stops in. Would be nice to know the particulars…race gas type (I think he used pump sunoco 100 last time), tires/pressure, etc.

A bit back on topic. Is it possible the fuel the op put in was mixed or old making it real wattered down. I believe in California even if its race gas they still need to add emissions additivites that can make 100 more or less 93

All I know is 110 octane was used on REVO 100, and the motor still ran 12.5@114, then blew up cylinder 5. A fully stock car that also did better than 12.1@115 on APR.

The same gas bought the same day went 11.76@119.6 in someone else’s car

I guess that kills the fudl idea. Deffinitely something voing on with dudes tune or car to only run 13

Interesting that everyone is having an investigation regarding the Revo car running poorly, but the APR car that ran even worse with stage II version II APR didn’t even get a nod. 1500 feet more of DA for skidrowe but he went mid 13s for crying out loud. That’s not even a mediocre stock time.

Same track…that is crazy…it would deffinitlsy be interesting to see what can cause these cars to be so far off… did we uncover a possoble flaw…or just this is how these cars run on a stock tune…

It’s a JHM conspiracy to make the B8 S4 look bad.

Skid also had horrible 60’ foot times - worse than Westwest I believe. Perhaps he was holding back when he went given his concern about the stock clutch.

true but 2.1 vs. 1.95 isn’t massive. That’s 2 tenths.

So there you have the REVO car = the APR S2V2 car. 1500 feet of density in REVO’s favour.

p.s. skidrowe went 13.18 as his best time, not mid 13s.

[quote=“sakimano,post:60,topic:4284”]
I say a GIAC conspiracy since 1fasts4 runs well there and he is GIAC, so far Revo and APR not so good… track is conspiring against them… lol

Good point. Although GIAC is like 500 miles away from there. I think my JHM 4.2 conspiracy has more legs. I am sure I will get the blame of it soon.

Yeah it’s Saki’s fault for always hating on the B8 :stuck_out_tongue: LOL Wouldn’t put it past someone to say that though… northeastsouthwest maybe?