Ride Height

Sick of the pogo stick ride. And it was pretty bad with these H&R premium coils. Not a huge fan when compared to our PSS9’s on the avant. Raised her up about an inch or more. Car sitting around 25 1/4 - 1/2 all around. The sub 25 was for the birds! So much more compliant, and at least from the drivers seat, sure seems to enjoy turn in and just simply feels more fun to drive and nimble again. By by bump steer.

Getting too old to be scraping and creeping in and out of driveways, parking lots, highway dips, you name it. Should have done this a long time ago. Takes some getting used to aesthetically but form follows function! So much better.

Because we all like pictures…

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/6ebyneja.jpg

looks about right to me

Yep. Feels about right now, too.

To be honest any lower would look a bit silly to me!

It looks to be exactly how I would want it. I bet if I measured mine it would be very close.

Looks good!

Do you have a before pic? I know you posted the increase so basically I want to see how it looked before.

Silly is exactly how I felt driving it too low. Good description for sure.

Thanks Jupiter. Just another crappy phone pic…before pics;

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/suty7yda.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/09/29/e7eze3e4.jpg

Ride height looks great. Perfect really

Oh and BBS CH are the best looking aftermarket wheel in the world, and are hands down the best looking wheels on the b5

Thanks. I fought the whole CH thing for quite a while. I like them too, but always thought they were too common. Finally picked a used set up for “winters”. Needless to say I have not found “summers” I like better. Unfortunately, mine are a bit curb rashed, but I knew that going in.

how many other B5 S4s have you seen with BBS CH ?

I don’t mean on forums. I don’t mean at meets. Just in normal life. Who gives a shit about forums and meets.

Personally I’ve seen like 2 in 9 years.

I’ll take it further - how many times have I seen BBS-CH ever. Maybe 5. saki makes a good point we get skewed by the forums

True. I rarely see any S4’s in my immediate area. Lots of newer A4’s and one RS4 (for sale). Exchanged nods a couple times. There is a cactus B5 avant on CH’s in town but I haven’t seen it in person yet.

Just took it for a nice 3 hr cruise up into the sierras. Beautiful day up there! Got up to about 8000 ft in about an hour and half from maybe 200 ft starting point. Nice surfaced biway fairly open and able to blast up the twists and turns and just enjoy the cruise back down. Peaceful. Me, music and S4. Simple pleasures 8)

ive said it before and ill say it again, your car is perfect happy2b5! I love it. Awesome pictures

Thanks G…definitely not perfect but well looked after and taken care of anyway…

Yeah both my A4 and S4 were at about 24.75 for a long time. It gets old fast. But it sure looks good

x2.

I kinda want to do c.o. on the new ride b/c the stock ride height looks like a 4x4 compared to a slightly lowered one. But stock ride height is already kinda low, it’s just the fender to wheel gap that appears large.

Looking good man!

Thanks Jake. Couldn’t give her up just yet. I was fully prepared to if the 4.2 allroad was in comparable condition though.

I really don’t know why it took this long to nudge it up a bit. Can’t get over how much more enjoyable it is to drive / ride in.

Yeah, you definitely have a sweet ride! It is amazing how much a little suspension work can change the way a car feels.

One thing with regard to this whole raising ride height is this;

I was very careful to check, recheck, measure, remeasure thread lengths on the coils side to side front to back. The thing is my ftg is not spot on side to side. There is a slight difference of maybe a 1/4 inch or so? I thought maybe simply surface differences, but no matter where I seem to be parked and measure it is still off a bit?

Any thoughts or ideas of what is going on? Could it be one strut mount is more worn? Idk? And, would you leave it be knowing they are set even as installed on the car or adjust them slightly accordingly to make the ftg equal? I am of the opinion to leave them set even regsrdless of ftg measurements. Thanks for any ideas or input.