Robo’s S6 Rebuild

So it’s about time that I figure out what I want to do moving forward with this car and that is to try and fix it lol. I saw that white S6 on Facebook and power figures aside, it sounded great and that’s what I’m trying to achieve eventually. I’m I am aiming to drop the engine and replacing the passenger side head. I’m also planning on doing transmission maintenance as well so should I leave it in the car to do that or pull it? I also want to go catless so would I just replace them with straight pipe?

None of the write ups I saw, nor my experience in pulling the engine, make it look like you can leave the transmission in the car. The issue will be removing the starter to get to the torque converter bolts and getting to the upper transmission to engine bolts.

However YMMV.

Ed

1 Like

I was taking an estimated guess because i haven’t got my shop manual yet but that helps thank you

You’ll definitely have to drop everything if you want to reach your cats. Also because you can reseal everything and replace any hoses while you’re in there.

1 Like

You should part it.

J/k. I’m being selfish.

That’s what I was looking into. After doing some research I found this picture

After seeing the end product it’s all starting to make more sense

You can browse through my thread on an engine drop for any help it might provide.

https://forums.audirevolution.net/t/advice-requested-cels-cam-position-actuators-intake-flaps/16311

Ed

1 Like