Sai delete plates

Has anyone got the size for these plates length x width and hole distance centre to centre please. I am trying to get some over here in the U.K as buyingfrom JHM with shipping costs double the price for the plates. Thanks guys :+1:

centre

Sorry Steve but I’ve been out of the country for about a week, just got home and cant’ sleep yet so I just went out and made a meaurement. Those Blockoff plates are the right shape but I measured 40mm center to center on the bolt holes so the second one is close but not quite right.
As for the vacuum plugs, the two Orange ones I had in the pic are both 5/16" (8mm) and fit tight enough that they don’t need clamps. As someone mentioned the Black one just below it and the one at the Coolant Resevoir is optional. JHM uses a hose to connect the coolant fitting (‘T’) next to the oil filter to the plastic line going to the Resevoir. I see no detriment or reason for this flow of coolant other than completing the circuit for the coolant to flow throught the Intakes valves. I plugged this with a 3/8" (9.5mm) plug and removed the hose at the coolant resevoir and plugged it with a 5/8" (16mm) Silicone plug with a clamp on both of these since they are exposed to the pressure of the cooling system still.

Hey Mark,
No worries at all buddy. I bet your sleep well when you finally start to relax and chill.

Thank you for all the sizes on the plugs and caps I need, that is great :blush:
Also to confirm I don’t need the pipe to connect the coolant pipes together great stuff :+1: i did think i was right in the end after reading what you put and looking at the pictures again, I get there in the end lol.

So is the second picture I put on here of the plate the right size in width and length it’s just the holes don’t line up ? Do you know the width and length measurements at all ? As then I can at least ask sellers for a certain size.
I can’t find anyone who does these in the u.k it’s proving to be a challenge :disappointed_relieved::joy:

Can I ask you about the sensors on the SAI by the throttle bodys do you just unplug them when you remove everything and would it be wise to plug the pipes i can’t take off? Im not sure which ones these are at this point looking at it without removing anything yet most of the front ones will come out it’s just a few at the back of the engine I’m not sure about but might be able to see better once I start removing things.

Also it says in the FSM that on one side you have to remove one of the small coolant rads to get to the SAI pump ? Do you think I would have to remove it completely or I’ll get away with just unmounting it off its bracket’s ?
Sorry for all the questions i just want to make sure I know what I’m doing or think I’m doing lol

Thanks Steve.

Here is an inked up SAI flange off my old engine. I know the pic editing is phenominal but you get the idea. Since this is the original flange itself and there is a little more room on the back of the head they could probably be up to 5mm wider or taller without any fitment problems. You will need to purchase two new SAI flange gaskets to go behind the plates but they’re cheap, Secondary Air Injection Pipe Gasket - Audi (06A-131-120-D).

You are a star !!!
Thank you ever so much, that’s just what I needed top man :blush::+1:
I’ve just ordered the gaskets yesterday and there on there way ! Found the part numbers via JHM website.
I just need to find these blanking plates now I may need to make some up if I can’t source any or get someone to make them up for me so these measurements are just what I need ! :+1:

Thanks again buddy :blush:

Just an update to let you know.
I think I found some SAI blanking plates the seller said the dimensions that I gave him were correct so we will see they are from a BMW E46/E39 believe it or not !!

Here is a few pictures of my car once I’d done the DELETE of the coolant pipes to the manifold and a picture of the coolant pipe I removed !
It was a very simple job to do and took 10 minutes to complete.

I wonder why jhm wants you to leave the line in? By leaving the coolant line in does it do anything?

I’m not sure really but I can’t see what it does by leaving it in to be honest and when I see @hahnmgh63 pictures it makes sense to remove it as it’s not needed anymore ?
I took mine for a run after and it was fine with no issues at all.

Looks good to me. The only possibility I could see in JHM’s thinking is that leaving that line could possibly in some way aid bleeding air out of the cooling system since the pipe going under the manifold is very close to being a high point. I might have to take a look again and see what the height of that pipe is compared to a little below the top of the Resevoir.
For the factory, the only reason that makes since is the cold start emissions which from that point would then lead to lower performance although miniscule due to the extra heat added to the intake air. Venting the PVC air as in Ape’s project is probably an even greater performance gain from the standpoint you are getting ride of warmer gases, unburnt gases, oily gases which in effect slightly reduce octane, and the fact that those oily gases are going to start building up in your intake tract to inhibit airflow and cause the need for Carbon removal later.

Thanks mate and thanks again for your help :+1:

You could still remove the cap on the coolant pipe under the manifold and push a little pipe on the T to bleed it if needs be ?

Maybe JHM left the pipe in place to warrant the price for the kit as you are paying for the connections and pipe as well as the caps and clips where it would only cost a few quid if you just needed the block off caps and clips like we have done ?

Ape PVC kit is a great idea and as you have said should make a bigger difference than the coolant modification but as they say every little helps !
I do love the fact these are fairly simple modification 's but will all help for the quest of more power to be achieved! The PVC Kit will also help with keeping that carbon away as well, an added bonus !!

Even with direct injection you can probably get too cold injection air if the ECU refuses to pump in enough gasoline to compensate for the poor mixing. The intake air will probably get colder than ambient before entering the combustion chamber.

If however it will pump in enough fuel, which I think, PCV removal should work in tandem with this. That is my best guess,

Let’s hope so, I’m sure Ape will check that there is enough fuel pumping in with some road tests and logs.
He checks and double checks these things in all driving conditions until he is 100% happy With the product !

Few questions if anyone can help with the removel of the SAI system ?

What do I do with the vacuum hose in this picture do I just cap it off as i see it goes under the upper manifold and is connected to the vacuum reservoir ?

Also it’s saying on the right side you have to remove the auxiliary radiator to get the SAI pump out ?
Can you get it out without removing it or can I loosen the bracket off to give me enough room ?

Thanks in advance guys :blush:

Where the line comes from each SAI valve there is a T in the middle where it then goes under the manifold, I plugged it at the T. The right SAI pump bolts to the same frame as the right Aux Radiator and it the bracket mount is in a way that it is difficult to remove. I think after I got it unbolted I just bent the tab the pump was mounted at to a slightly better angle where I was able to remove the pump. Then bent the bracket back into place. It’s just a stamped steel bracket. I don’t have my belly pan back on yet so if you need me to take any pics of the bracket just let me know as it is easly accessible.
Still just waiting for my Carbon Fiber hood, damn, I shouldn’t have sold the stock hood so early.

Lol I bet your gutted you sold it to early :sob::joy:

That’s great thank you for explaining, I see the T your on about I was not sure what I was meant to be doing with it I did think it should be capped off but wanted to make sure and check where to cap it.
That would be great if you can get some pictures of the bracket then I know exactly what I’m looking for :blush:
Thanks buddy you are a star !! :+1:

Not a very good picture. You can see the felt on the right from the fender liner. Probably not much help from this pic. You will need to pull the belly pan and you can probably bend the fender liner back far enough to get two hands up there. You can unbolt the M5 (10mm socket) nut in the center of the pic and bend the bracket back enough to get he pump out.

Oh fuck… I took mine out and holy shit was it a hassle on the passe get side had to unbolt a bunch of shit to get it out hated my life

That’s great thank you for that :+1:

I take it the pump sits on the left hand side just under your hand in the pic ?

I’m still waiting on the blanking plates atm but I’m just doing my home work so I know what I’m doing and where everything is, so this is a great help nice one buddy :blush:

Oh man that’s not good :confused: I’m glad I’m asking these questions now as I would’ve been taking everything apart like you have done !!