Seattle Drags: Wed. May 14 TnT (evening runs)

He’s a good guy. He got a bit roughed up on here because he kind of became the poster boy for AMD which is never a good decision on sites where there are no moderators to protect AMD lol.

But his car is pretty stout, and I reckon he can drive reasonably well.

Funny I almost bought his car. I was all set to fly out to Montana and drive it home (looooong drive). It was down to his car (08 Ti pkg with white interior), for sale in Montana by a lawyer, and at the last minute, a very similar one popped up here locally with CPO at an Audi dealer (08 non-ti, black interior). I bought local, and PER bought the Montana car.

I agree that he handled himself very well, considering the FUBAR associated with Jason/AMD.

Consider this analogy… Per makes AMD look better than they should. FT makes APR look…

Saki, Per is a great guy, always upfront and answered any questions I’ve had. Can’t wait to see his car in person.

Haha small world eh!

^ that made me chuckle!

Just thought I update this, I should have alittle convoy rolling down with me as long as we got work off.

2010 GTR - light mods, I believe just an intake exhaust and tune.
Mk2 VR supercharged - pretty much built with a cage, interested to see what he can put down.
B6 S4 - light mods
Newer WRX STI
B7 RS4 - ebwerks exhaust, intake manifold spacers, and I think a few other items.
And my RS.

Fingers crossed we can all make it down.

What is your mod list again?

LW rotors front and rear, JHM catless/resonated exhaust, JHM 91 Oct tune, and I know the Euro seats knocked off a couple pounds as well.

Also have manifold spacers, but not to sure if I’ll be able to get them installed before coming down, might make that my mission, along with a carbon clean.

put 93-94 in. The tune will act exactly like a 93 tune car if you do

That is my plan, only downside is Washington is mostly 91, so unless PsYkHoTiK or notarmed knows of a super secret gas station that has 94, I’m just going to fill a jerry can up with 93 before I come leave .

They have 100 octane unleaded at the track.

Bring a jerry can of 92 and add a little of the good stuff to make it 94.

I plan to do stock, 93, and race gas files using some added race gas.

http://www.wallaceracing.com/octane-mix-calc.php

I was going to be a smart arse and tell you to go to BC and get some PetroCanada 94… but it seems that Ultra94 isn’t sold in BC. Must be an Ontario only thing.

^ Haha! PetroCanada used to carry 93 out here but slowly got fazed out, and I’m not to sure why? Any other canadian notice how Shitty our gas is?

That’s a handy calculator, ill bring small jerry of 93down to mix! Thanks notarmed!

needs to be pretty big. You reckon you’ll need about 1/8th of a tank for a day at the strip. That’s around 8 litres. If you arrive with like 3-4 litres of 91 in the tank, you adding 4 litres of 93 will just mean you’re running 92.

To get closer to 93, you need a bunch of 93…but then you’re carrying too much weight in fuel in the tank.

Fine line.

5 litres 91 + 3 litres 100 = around 94 octane and should be 94 ish. No Jerry can needed. They may have a 5 litre minimum though.

Maybe out west. Here in ON we have two of the best IMO: year round ethanol free Shell 91 and the aforementioned Petro 94. Not to mention the biblical amount of air miles and petro points I get from owning 2 V8 cars

I think I posted abt this before… HPA did a bunch of dyno tests using different gas from local gas stations and some from over the border. Our chevron 94 was barely on par with US shell 91. And our 91 was on par with US shell 89. Western Canada gets garbage gas. So you’ll be better off just filling up there.

It’s cheaper here too… ;D

Though I do remember a friend of mine says that they do have ethanol free options up in Vancouver, BC.

Yea, our Chevron 94 is ethanol free… but it sucks. East coast gets good gas though.

Funny you mention that, was just chatting with one of the guys from HPA and he was telling me the same thing, they even have different tunes for their kits on local cars.

I’m just going to fill her on 91 when I cross the border, and ill just add some 100 from the track, get it to around 94.

Question has anyone crossed the border running no cats? I just started wondering if they are going to give me a hard time or not?

yup

They didn’t care in Michelin or coming back to ontario

Ya you’ll be fine in Michelin. ;D

Alright, it’s good weather here in Seattle.

I invited westwest, but he is getting his custom race suit stitched up.

My group (including psykhotik) is RS7, RS5, S5, S6.

Plenty of juice.