Seattle Drags: Wed. May 14 TnT (evening runs)

I should be the slowest! :stuck_out_tongue: Thereā€™s another S6 that might join. Iā€™ll follow up with the guy on fb.

but prettiest

It was quite a bustā€¦ Only two runs for me. Doug only got oneā€¦

Car: 2013 Audi RS5
Stock power (tune/intake/exhaust - all bone stock)
Stock wheels with heavy Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position 285/30/R20
Half tank of gas (Chevron 92 Octane with Ethanol - up to 20% I think)
Eurocode Alu-Kreuz, 034 transmission mount, and apikol rear diff mount (red because race car) LOL not sure if this matters, but just for complete data (since I love data)

First run:
Dynamic with LC but in ā€˜Dā€™ instead of ā€˜Sā€™ mode LOL!

60ā€™ ā€” 1.882
330 ā€“ 5.440
1/8 ā€“ 8.326 @ 84.02
1000 - 10.795

1/4 ā€“ 12.878 @ 108.33 MPH

As per dragtimes:
Density Altitude: 1241 feet
Relative Density: 96.42 %

Second run, Dynamic and in ā€˜Sā€™ mode with LC:
60ā€™ ā€” 1.870
330 ā€“ 5.483
1/8 ā€“ 8.407 @ 85.49
1000 - 10.917

1/4 ā€“ 13.015 @ 108.88 MPH

As per dragtimes:
Density Altitude: 1113 feet
Relative Density: 96.78 %

I think I got distracted/surprised by the big truck that just flew off the line. Not sure/canā€™t remember. But I THINK I kept my foot planted. I got higher MPH on this run. Saki/prime, could I trouble you guys to chime in on nuances between ET and 1/4 mile times? I was a hair slower 1/4 mile time but a half mile per hour faster crossing the line.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-A1pojwgLOqc/U3RdUipJAxI/AAAAAAAAFIo/KkD7NgLWAYs/w556-h835-no/IMG_0112.JPG

Timeslips:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Kv1VijP98FE/U3RdUj2SFfI/AAAAAAAAFIg/1wWxIjXPtx4/w556-h835-no/IMG_0115.JPG

You can have a little more variance like that. Youā€™re an na v8 so heat in the engine bay is going to be an issue that can vary your results.

Also shift speed will influence mph . Not sure if the D vs S was a factor.

Finally alight changes in density altitude will influence power and power produces mph. Looks like it got better later.

Overall you went 12.8 in pretty medicocre conditions on a night when your car was probably hot as a pistol from all the waiting/idling. Not terrible.

Go on a dead, cold, fall or spring sat/sun morning when thereā€™s only 25 cars and you can get there early, cool the car off, run whenever you want and have some fun with your buddies etc. Busy advertised night events are often a downer.

Scott, With just two runs itā€™s hard to say and the variance isnā€™t that muchā€¦ Any shifting issues? Better conditions DA wise, cooler car, and nail a 60ft time and your in the 12.5x-12.6x

That sucks it was busy and you guys didnā€™t get many passes, like Saki says best to go when itā€™s dead make a bunch of passes and bailā€¦

Thanks, guys! Yeah, Iā€™ll try heading out with Doug again sometime (with less cars). It was lots of fun though! I did remember to shallow stage like you told me to a while back. It was my second time ever on a drag strip.

Yesterday was a bit of a cluster for me but next time I hope to come out and let the car cool down properly. I literally picked up the car from the dealer (15k service), went home and straight to the drag strip thru traffic.

This probably isnā€™t helpful but, one hour of sitting in the pits waiting to run will build up a ton of heat in your transmission. If the temps raise too much your transmission will pull back on the shift speed and lockup. That will hurt ET.

That is good to know. Next time Iā€™ll try hot lapping (lol - provided its not an hour wait) and then let the car cool down with hood up and see what difference there is.

What about the other cars on the list how did they run?

If you have a vag-com handy, you can always look at the fluid temps before you run. That will help point out where youā€™re at. Itā€™s interesting to see just how heat soaked you can get sitting in the pits, and when I say interesting, I really mean upsetting. Beautiful car by the way.

Yeah, Iā€™ll bring my laptop and vag-com next time I hit the strip.

Thanks, dude! ;D

My dadā€™s helmet didnā€™t pass tech, so we had to share which meant we only got 1 run each (too many people, poorly managed, lots of break downs)

My car, 92 octane, stock, full weight

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/15/a6apymu5.jpg

Iā€™ll post up the rs7 slip when he sends it to me (11.6 @121)

Good news was we did two kart sessions right after we got there, as it was 86 degrees

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/16/darareny.jpg

Any idea why the S6 was so slow? The ET may be understandable but the MPH is really low. 90 MPH? Somethingā€™s wrong thereā€¦

:slight_smile:

good to see you guys get out - too bad the conditions (DA and crowd) werenā€™t favorable.

PsYk - as others have said, your car is probably good for mid 12s with better DA and perhaps a slightly better technique.

armed - good run on the stock tune. is that with LC?

Yeah, Iā€™ll be back out again for sure. :smiley:

It sucked last night. One of the cars broke down and dumped oil all through the whole strip which meant that the crew had to clean it up (over 30 mins right there) and it hit curfew while we were waiting to run. Oh well. It was great to meet up with others there.

LOL

Haha ya I guess the S6 isnā€™t all that itā€™s cracked up to be. Time for an EPL custom tune :smiley:

LC, yes.

I timed my gas perfectly, and rolled up with it on 15 miles to go. Was going to do stock, 91 tune, 100 tune. But that plan was spoiled. I needed gas to even make it to the next station, so I said fuck it and filled up with 100 octane and am now running the race file around town.

Holy Fucking Shit is it fast. LC goes from 4K to 5K in race mode, and it just goes ballistic. Cant wait to time it on the strip.

Rs7 timeslip. Full weight with spare, 92 gas stock tune. Stock wheels, all weather tires. Dynamic, sport, torque converter launch. Heat soaked and a/c running, this car is just a beast.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/18/9erezu4e.jpg

^^ holy fuck that is insane. what a beast.