Shoot-the-Shit Thread

ahhh, you’re showing your American-ness there. That’s not a short game. That’s actually longer than they play in a day. Some matches or series can take 3-5 days to play but rarely will they play for more than 6 hrs.

Twenty20 cricket only takes 3 hrs. Like boring baseball.

Having played cricket a few times with some Indian friends in high school, I can say it’s extremely fun. I loved it.

which, it should be noted for our American friends, is basically like a 5 game series in the NBA playoffs or something.

Baseball is absolutely brutal on television. It’s all about going to the game and drinking very expensive beer.

they played cricket at my school, actually that was generally for those who didn’t play rugby and/or lacrosse and give all the indian kids at my school something to do since they never played any other sport :slight_smile: I thought you said you played rugby at your school Sak, didn’t we talk once about my team playing you guys wayyyyy back when?

not being able to watch motogp, wtf! it’s like a 30-40 min race. And if you’ve never watched, its the BEST racing anywhere, and Marc Marquez is turning the sport on it’s head.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/marc-marquez-circuit-of-the-americas-motogp-scott-jones.jpg

http://cdn.rideapart.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/marc-marquez.jpg

Just reading about traffic laws in case I get a red-light camera ticket in the mail (I went through a light with a camera…it turned yellow when I was quite close to the intersection, and I kept going…it turned red when I was about 2/3 of the way through the intersection)

Anyway, found something really interesting a while ago and thought I’d share it, in case I need to use it or you do.

If there are any errors on your ticket (name, address, fine amount, driver’s license#), we always think ‘great I can get off in court!’. Not the case. These are fatal errors, however in court/trial with you present, they can be amended and the case can proceed, likely to your conviction.

So what do you do if you get a ticket with an error?

Option 1 when you get a ticket is to plead guilty. Screw that.

Option 2 is plead guilty with an explanation (now known as set a first attendance meeting…where you plead guilty and hope they drop the fine etc). Screw that because if you show up, they can amend the error and you’re screwed.

Option 3 is set a trial date - this is a good option, however if you set a trial date, then show up, they can fix the error and the case proceeds. likely resulting in your conviction.

There is another option. DO NOTHING.

If you do nothing, after 15 days, your case goes to a justice of the peace who rules based on the evidence at hand. Basically this is the ticket and officer notes. You’re not there, so you enter no evidence. So you’re fucked right? Wrong.

The JP will review the ticket, and if they find any errors, they are deemed fatal errors since they can’t be amended without you being present.

What SHOULD happen now is the JP will notice the error, and quash the case.

[quote]where the certificate of offence is not complete and regular on its face, the justice shall quash the proceeding.
[/quote]
WIN!

If the JP somehow misses the error, you will be convicted.

:-[

Now you need to file an appeal and have your day in court. Interestingly though, in THIS situation, they CANNOT amend the error…because really the error should never have gotten past the JP, should have been fatal at the JP level, and should have been quashed. If you notify the crown and judge of this at your appeal, the ticket will THEN be quashed.

Precedent is London (City of) vs. Young, 2006

We went through this on a ticket with my wife. Just thought I’d share. It was a ‘no insurance’ ticket (she didn’t have the pink proof in the car, and got a ticket) but the officer forgot to write the amount of the fine in. Fatal error, caught by JP, quashed.

In Illinois, you cannot get a red light ticket unless the light is red when the car enters the intersection. For example, if it turns red right after your tires cross the big white line, you are good, since it was yellow when you entered the intersection. If it turned red when your tires were 3mm away from the white line, you get a ticket.

lolwut

http://freepatriot.org/2014/01/20/ca-lawmaker-makes-complete-fool/

Neat

here in Ontario the law is

enter when light red = violation
enter when light amber = up to officer’s discretion whether you should have stopped, safely

The red light cameras, I just found out, ONLY give you a ticket if the light is already red when you enter. Similar to Illinois law.

Unless you’re an English cricket fan at this moment in time!

Tennis is more boring to watch than golf.

There have been golf tournaments and 5 day test matches that have had me on the edge of my seat in a way that “instant” sports cannot match. I love the evolution of a test match/golf major over a number of days. The subplots, the gentle ebb and flow, the sudden swings in momentum building to a final few hours of sheer drama. The Ryder Cup has been a good bet for this sort of thing too.

Down here we have red light speed cameras, so you get cause speeding through the intersection and running a red. Really annoying when it is going yellow and you still want to get through it but cant speed.

Not sure if you guys have these camera yet

Is it like that all over the us or just there…

I love watching womans tennis depending on how good looking they are…mens tennis sucks…golf is much more entertaining then baseball…

WIN!

If the JP somehow misses the error, you will be convicted.

:-[

Now you need to file an appeal and have your day in court. Interestingly though, in THIS situation, they CANNOT amend the error…because really the error should never have gotten past the JP, should have been fatal at the JP level, and should have been quashed. If you notify the crown and judge of this at your appeal, the ticket will THEN be quashed.

Precedent is London (City of) vs. Young, 2006

We went through this on a ticket with my wife. Just thought I’d share. It was a ‘no insurance’ ticket (she didn’t have the pink proof in the car, and got a ticket) but the officer forgot to write the amount of the fine in. Fatal error, caught by JP, quashed.
[/quote]
Saki, this is handy handy information, specially being a Canadian, my friend just received a speeding ticket, officer filled the ticket out correctly, but did not write down his drivers license number, im going to say that’s a fatal error?

I think it would be, going to tell him to give this a try!

I’ll be honest, I’m an avid golfer, but I really only watch the highlights or sunday finishing. I just don’t get around to watching much live TV other than my alma mater during football season.

I can’t stand baseball though. Played it for quite a while, and the only way I can go to a game, is for the beer is flowing the whole time lol.

That’s definitely a fatal error… Can’t be more fatal lol.

Cloch, had one of those attractive Eastern European chick cabbies this morning… not bad.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/UpobWd0mSpRfO/giphy.gif

^^Haha - nice! I haven’t had one in a while, unfortunately . . .

Glad someone else can corroborate my story.

What a joke. Idiot.

^^^that’s funny.

It’s also a re-post. I believe beem posted a great video in the random picvid thread, where they showed all of his errors with images as subtitles for his remarks.

seems everyone hates bieber.

Someone must like him…because how the fuck is he making $60 million a year?

p.s. mugshot and the cars he was racing while drunk and high on pot and sizzurp

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72477000/jpg/_72477355_020753637xx.jpg

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72481000/jpg/_72481548_bert7hsciaaupyz(1).jpg