Shooting Shit Thread

“No such thing as too much ammo… Unless if you’re in a house fire…” LOL

I wonder how the ammo would take being hurled out of my bedroom window that’s on the first floor.

Good start!

gotta get over 1k plus per caliber… then you are good… average trip to the range does blow a lot of ammo

just in case Canada invades?

Canada invade???.. ha ha thats never gonna happen.

Anyways… trust me few range days and 1k rounds goes quick.

Yeah, hedging against prices is definitely one thing. The recent ones I bought were decent prices. So I’d wait for some really good deals before adding more.

Considering I shoot ~100 rounds per trip to the range, it’s not really that much… Pistol ammo seems to go much faster (I take my time more with rifle shooting).

Lol! ;D

Lmao

lulz.

What’s the gaffe? Ah never mind saw your followup post.

PS have you ever called 911 for something serious? I would say the responses is more in the 1-3 minute range personally.

for something serious? That’s hard to believe.

If someone broke into your shed yesterday and stole your motorcycle? Sure, slow response to come and write it up. If someone is ‘kicking your door down’ as you posted, that’s just not possible unless you live somewhere remote or inaccessible. Cops love to power trip on a live call like that…they’d go nuts to get there.

If someone lives somewhere remote, they’ve put themselves in that situation and must self protect because you’re not really part of any city/town/county…you’re an isolationist. Of course people who live remotely tend not to want any contact anyway, so like the saying goes, you make your bed, you lie in it. Making comments like ‘wait 30 minutes for a response’ isn’t exactly fair, is it?

I would submit that your experience is not typical, that’s all. Thus I don’t think making a sweeping generalisation is appropriate.

When did this cross over into ‘legislating away a law abiding person’s ability to protect themselves’? I didn’t see that coming.

Friend of mine had his apartment broken into while he was home. Called the cops while he was in his room and fortunately the guys never found him. Police showed up, asked what all was missing, told him to check the garage. He checked his garage, everything was still there. Cops leave, he goes back out to his garage and his car is gone.

Car gets used in a murder within an hour of the burglarly. Then it’s involved in a high speed chase Chicago police. Ends up blowing a red light, getting totaled. Police keep it for evidence for over a month. He needs the car back for insurance. City tries to make him pay something like $5k in impound fees. :smiley:

He was damn lucky they didn’t know he was home.

I’ll see if I can find the news story.

I think you’re reaching trying to turn one discussion point into a platform for gun rights. I took issue with a poor generalisation about critical situation 911 response times. That’s it.

Carry on shooting shit!

and the police took 20-60 minutes to arrive, right? !

So help me understand…the guy was hiding in the car, in the garage while the cops were there…and when they left, he did too with the car? That’s nuts. How’d he not hear the car leaving?

I don’t know how long they took to respond. They’re usually pretty quick in the city.

His garage is disconnected, in an alley, so he wouldn’t really notice if the car was started up. There were 3 guys I think. I don’t know if they were hiding in the car or if they just waited out the police.

I’ll text him now and see if he has the news stories. The pictures were wild; blood all over the car, tons of guns too.

Considering the police got there before the uncontested thieves left with the car, I would say they arrived in 2 minutes.

I live in an unincorporated area. Not sure on response times but there’s usually a sheriff’s car parked a few miles away from the house (and near a little shopping area).

I need a gun light to attach to my pistol.

Gentlemen-

Just a little FYI, I recently launched a company and became the Oregon and Washington distributor for OSS Suppressor systems.

These are the best suppressors on the market.

Here is a review on sig forum: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/380105858/m/7200030743

Cliff Notes: These are not a baffled suppressor, so the ballistics are not molested, with no aim shift – first ever suppressor to provide this benefit.

H&K will be selling their MR5.56 and MR7.62 rifle models with OSS preinstalled. Another first (offering a suppressor option)

Let me know if any of you are into this stuff, I can get you a good deal on a loose can or H&K. The H&Ks will go fast…limited run on the first batch = collectors items (special serial numbers, etc.).

http://i58.tinypic.com/15quf5l.jpg

I am interested in a can in .308.

lol I should get around to getting the gun trust through your recommended friend (which I will get around to).

My idea is that I do want to get a .308 bolt gun (do you carry FN/Sig as well)? and put that on there. However, I’d be cool if I could get it on my SCAR 17S as well.

Also, this suppressor is multi caliber as well right? Say if I want to slide it onto an AR (that I will eventually get around to buying as well)? All I need is to buy a separate FHMB per rifle right?