So the rebuild begin.

He is just outside of Indianapolis, IN and has his own shop in his building on his property. He is in the process of reorganizing it now. This is just side work for him since he works full time but he is a qualified Mercedes car mechanic.

Who ever is interested, just contact me.

SIX, he did not do the manifolds or exhaust. I had them custom made.

Thanks. It seems I’m going to have to wait now anyway after some recent news.

Hope everything is ok SIX.

The future for the car:

Rear brakes, Just need to put them on. EBC slotted rotors and pads. Already have them on the front. Would have been nice to do the lightweight option but got a discount on these and they perform well. Will replace with lightweight once these go.

Suspension – will go on Air eventually
Go to a light weight 20" rim.
Supercharger – may go for this in a year or two.

Cosmetic
RS6 front end and side skirts. Anyone know of good kits?
De-badge the car??
Steering Wheel change (RS6 or R8)

But for now, going to enjoy the sexy beast.

oh man that sucks about the ECS rotors. The JHM light weight rotors are worth the price in performance and over all change to the cars nimbleness.

can’t say enough good things about the air suspension. My advice is use accuair for management. It ride better than stock with adjustability. let me know when you’re getting to that point. I will at some point this winter do an article for the air suspension.

+1 on the article. I’ll be waiting for it

+1 also on the Air suspension Article, i’ve been thinking about both Coils or Air and trying to determine if the performance of air is worth the ~3x price point.

Ever make it to the track?

Have not been to the track yet. I have been busy with work.

As for the air suspension:
The air suspension is coming from Airlift (Front struts, rear airsprings/damper)
The control system will be my own.

won’t be disappointed! The dampeners are phenomenal. Really nice kit.

Interested in seeing the control system. I have this pipe dream of trying to make my own control system that would take inputs from the factory air ride controls hidden in MMI. I’ve activated them so I can access the menu, (I’ll post pics later) but I’m assuming I’d need the module and then figure out how it would send a signal out to the manifold for the ride heights.

I have the elevel from Accuair and I actually bought the rocker switch with the idea that I could use that to make a simpler control mechanism. The ilevel I bought makes the set up of the heights much easier, but I don’t use all the different functions other than the 3 preset levels.

There is a guy in MN that made his own control system for a BMW E36 M3, and is working on another system. I have some computer knowledge but definitely not the programming side of things.

https://youtu.be/npytaheQCgY

Either way. Keep us posted. Does the car still feel fast and fun. That’s all that really matters LOL.

Hey Justin

Yes it feels fast. :slight_smile:

Had for nearly a year now and car is running very strong. Worth every penny I spent.

Any treks to the track or run-ins with any other worthy cars?

I bet it’s a fun beast on the hwy with great tip-in.

Update: I still have the car and a blast to drive.

Additional items that have happened since the rebuild:

• Replaced Steering pump twice
  • Replaced Fan and controller for A/C
  • HP Fuel Pumps
  • General Items: Tires, brakes, battery

The car has a little over 166,000 miles now

2 Likes

Been awhile since I have been on.
Car is still running. Need to sort a vacuum leak but that is all is required at the moment.

2 Likes

I replaced my PS pump with engine out of the car. Did you replace yours with engine in?

You really have to give it to Nordy great updates… The car has been one of the inspirations for many of us.

@laketahoequattro
Yes, did it will engine in. This was possible with the custom manifolds.
Make sure to replace the reservoir too.

1 Like

@justincredible
Thanks, trying to post here more.
Just replaced the taillight bulb holders due to intermittent inductions of bulb failure but they were good.

Need to replace the ignition coils but otherwise still running.

1 Like

Continue to love the car and that it’s still running. Heard there’s some more good power news for us soon in the 5.2… Something along the blower option. So I’m excited to hear more.

1 Like