Start guessing.

Dear mother of god I can’t figure out for the life of me why there isn’t more excitement about this. Arin can you please give us an update on this? Post a time slip and mod list and get it on the 1/4 mile list

because it is $150,000

$112k.

Who cares. Amazing with just a tune.

Yes, amazing that a car goes 10.66 with an ECU tune. Of course it’s born with 500 whp…so there’s that. And of course, the money you paid for your Audi+ECU tune = new GTR. Sure it’s a 4 door sedan vs an ugly sports car, but the M5, E63 etc will all do these same incredible things. This is how it goes for that money.

If it was an S3 sedan that went 10.66 with a tune, that would be groundbreaking. But for well over $100,000 you’re looking at different expectations.

How about 10.6 with no tune? Is that amazing?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuXwkbT6WUw‎

Or is it the tune that makes it amazing?

I think it’s pretty impressive, I haven’t seen a tune-only sedan do that yet…for what it’s worth, have we seen any tune-only Audi anywhere close? even in the 10s?

yeah I keep thinking about that McLaren run too. 10.6 was with the p-Zeros. 10.3 on R888s, which are totally fine to drive on the street. Amazing considering it’s untuned RWD on street tires.

1. The biturbo benz sedans are doing it

2. S8 and RS6/7

Haven’t seen a tuned R8 plus run yet.

lol exactly, the S8 and RS7 is impressive, any other tune-only Audis in the 10s? You seem unimpressed.

I didnt realize the AMGs do 10s tune-only?

He’s making the same argument the b5 guys make against the rs4 supercharger. Why spend $50k+ when I can spent $25k or less on a b5 and run the same times.

His argument was quite specifically that for a performance car over $100k it’s not a groundbreaking number.

I think it’s impressive though. Until this year we didn’t see many 10 second time slips. Based on the RS4’s progress and with the 4.0TT programs being pushed I think we will see a lot more in 2014.

we could fill skydome with what you don’t realise

I’m not at all making a B5 like argument. I’m saying that’s awesome indeed, but the reason it isn’t lighting up the forums is because

1. when you pay $125,000-150,000 you expect crazy results like this. It’s not 1997. Today the frigging base S car in Audi’s north american lineup comes with 360 hp/360tq (B8 S4). That’s what the halo M/AMG/RS cars used to make 10-15 years ago. Same for the Ferraris and Porsche Turbo. The RS6/7 is making about 600 hp and is pushing up on 700 hp with a tune. If it ran 12s it would be more interesting to talk about. THe fact it’s running 10.xx just makes sense.

2. not many people on the forums are in the market for $125,000-150,000 cars

3. it’s not like it’s a 400 hp car that with ‘just a tune’ is making 700 hp. It’s a fucking 600 hp car to start! So it’s not ‘just a tune’…it’s 600hp+a tune

If by you saying 600 hp and 150K stock you mean 520 hp and 112K stock, then yes, I agree.

10.66 is crazy. Esp from a car that has only a slightly bigger compressor wheel for power adder only when compared with the 400hp version.

if by you pretending Audi’s quoted hp numbers are accurate, then you should also have corrected where I said the S4 has 360 hp/360 tq. Shouldn’t you be saying it has 333hp and 325 tq?

Go look at the stock dyno results from the S8/RS7 at APR. They’re light years from quoted numbers.

Welcome to reality!

For a literal guy who needs proof like yourself, you sure are stretching things to make a point

What have I stretched? Are you guys really this angry that you just go looking for things to disagree with me on?

I said it makes 600 hp stock, and around 700 hp tuned…so shouldn’t it be expected to be running the times it is?

Here…let me educate you.

APR dyno’d the STOCK S8 at 525 WTQ and 500 WHP. That would translate, comfortably, to around 630 TQ and 600 HP at the crank.

APR dyno’d the TUNED S8 at 630 WTQ and 575 WHP. That would translate, comfortably to around 700 tq and 650 hp.

The RS7? It’s even stronger.

So remind me again what was stretched?

http://www.goapr.com/includes/img/products/dyno/40tfsi_d4_s8/s8-oem-93-vs-s8-apr-93.png

http://www.goodspeedperformance.com/Blog/media/blogs/gspblog/RS7MailerTOPNEW_zps707e4b11-579x510.jpg?mtime=1387498895

Hey I’m not angry, lol read your response to me about the 10 sec tune-only Benz and above…

I’m saying it’s impressive to me, fastest Audi sedan with a tune and basically showcasing the potential of a compressor wheel swap on the other 4.0TT. So what you’ve proven is the numbers add up…ok…you’ve educated yourself. There’s nothing about a MSRP of a sports sedan that dictates you’ll be getting a faster car. Is the S63 faster than the E63 or C63? Anyway, I was serious about my question about the 10 second tune only Benzes. It wasn’t a challenge Sak, lol, I was curious but all I got was your typical lash-out response.

APR should put some fatter turbos on this beast for 9s!

bingo

lol @ bingo

you asked why more people aren’t as excited about this. I told you.

It costs a fortune so there’s not much interest in the forum world where people typically pay $20,000 to $50,000 (unless it’s the B5 forum where they pay twenty hundred)…it is already incredibly strong stock so the tune delta isn’t crazy.

I realise you guys want to pretend the stronger 4.0T is 520 hp etc. but it’s actually like 520 WHP and 600 at the crank stock. It’s dramatically underrated.

it is making 700 hp tuned so shouldn’t we expect these numbers???

scrabble (since we’re yelling out random game names)