Supercharger inhabitant

Did anyone els notice or found a stowaway spaceman in the supercharger while porting??

That’s awesome! Took me a sec but damn funny.

I can only see the monster port work. Looks great. Do you have a picture of the rest of the work. They really took out some material there.

Thanks, I dit it… Still finishing it…

Engine and DL501 rebuilt priority at the moment.

I’d love to see it when shes all done. Looks good so far. Is there a way to really test and see if all of this helped and to what degree.

Before and after on the same Dyno as close a possible to the same temp/pressure or a before and after on a track is the most accurate way.

Im open to the acceleration data more than the dyno but it’s also very hard because logging data would be the best.

The thing that makes this hard is that most people that modify the blower are also doing modifications to other things at the same time.

Indeed, so will I

Looks like a great. Job Being a 04 terminator guy. I love the blower cars.

Do I have this right that there are two versions of the Audi 3.0T blower. the gen 1 then the CREC blowers and the CREC blower is a little big bigger in the plenim and coolers?

I don’t really follow the 3.0T stuff but I’m very happy your on here showing everything as it’s really interesting and without all of the chatter and anoying typical forum noise and distraction yelling etc this is more interesting. What all else did you end up doing. The discharge Y is there any gain in opening that up. And it always looked like the intake ramp after the throttle body was the biggest hold up. I never really saw anyone or heard of anyone making real power gains with the throttle body

They’re are the same Supercharger, an Eaton R-1320. The only difference were the late motors had an electric clutch that could disconnect the Supercharger for economy, earlier ones were direct drive pulley.

Speaking of Throttle Body’s……

How can I run the V8 TB on the 3.0T?

If you deep dive into the Technical Roots Blower concepts and working, the main issue that they have is not enough space after the rotors.

Air will be compressed, looks fun…
Much drawbacks:

• Compressing air generates heat

• Heat gives higher IAT’s
      • Higher IAT’s results in…. (This is not the forum to explain this here… Members know stuff!)
  • Compressing air looses its optimal trajectory

• Loosing momentum to pass heat exchangers
  • And so one

The best type is an oversized blower with enough room for backpressure to give the air time to pass through…

I have no idea if this guy is a complete nut bag or not. I was looking to see what all gets ported on an crowd blower Vs the older stig porting blowers that were so famous for making more power.

It looks and while he shows no actual measurements like maybe the CREC blower is bigger at the very least in the IC cooler units…

Again I don’t know any of these people this guy might be a huge scam.

As long as you get the right throttle body so the transferr function isn’t messed up. You can get a wire harness to help convert to Audi wire harness.

You’ll need a tune but… from the few guys I talk to back in EU this isn’t common but several shops should know how. If you want I can ask who my friend used if you get to that point you need custom tune

So it will be copying the TB map of the V8 and paste in the 3.0T ECU file?

I am not sure if the IC coolers are bigger, you can look that up in the Mahle Catalog.

The Bypass stream is different on CREC, but most import is the part past the rotors. The airflow has a better path.
You can see that the upper housing is rounder.

To bad the are not swappable, mounting points seems to be different. I would just swap the V1 rotorpack into the V2 snout if the mounting was the same.

Why are the clutches for the supercharger prone to fail under high boost? On the CREC stuff

It might be worth checking to see if the IC cores are bigger as that was part of your wish list for a better SC cooling solution.

It would be interesting to validate if the upper chamber post rotor pack was indeed bigger volume wise as this would be part of your space after the rotors.

Rotorpack is the same size

I assume you’d want to swap the rotor pack due to no clutch?

The casting on my '13 S5 has the same Eaton casting as my wife’s '17 Q5. Now the internal machining may be improved. I know earlier around 2010-2011 Audi did change the Intercoolers. Lobe size is all the same but I’m sure if Eaton made a small improvement to the flow they probably wouldn’t have bothered changing the designation from R-1320 unless it was a large improvement. Since 2011 the changed intercoolers have went through 4 suffix changes, E, F, R, lastest is S. Prior to 2011 they were a B or D version.