Switch from Revo to GIAC

How to post and host pictures on AR

http://audirevolution.net/image_uploader.php to upload your pictures (once you’re logged in).

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/341169982.jpeg

18x8 OZ Ultraleggera +35 w/245/40-18 PSS
Thanks Justin for pic add instructions

The list of companys your looking to switch to sounds good. I would wait on 034 to make sure they are around long enough and have actually tuned several cars for a while without issues. Thats one reason its hard to pass on GIAC. GIAC has had a sucuessful tune out for a while and APR has had a strong proven tune out for a long long time. So it makes sense to see what they are doing still

anytime.

Those rims just set the car apart. OZs always look good

those must be hella light. Got a weight? Axel has something similar.

[quote=“sakimano,post:25,topic:8566”]
About 18.5 lb- total wheel and tire is about 42.5

After following the 034 tune site for a while I reached out to them this afternoon about their now available stage 2. First off, their tune will accommodate my Revo pulley (their pulley is 57.7 Revo 57.65), second they have an at home flash loader, last they have or will have dual pulley and E85 options coming. Stage 2 & the loader is $1250. It appears they already have a couple solid 11 sec time slips on their stage 1 and 2 tunes whereas Revo has only eeked out 11’s on 2 occasions that I’m aware of. I like 034’s active engagement in the platform, again, Revo has take their focus in other areas. Thoughts?

Do it and then let’s do some passes/pulls on pump gas!

I’m going to follow up with them today- have seen mixed messages on their AZ thread where it appears the initial download has to be through a dealer but subsequent updates and changes can be made @ home.

I would keep sitting idle for a few more months. Here is why.

034 dosent have the long list of sucuess that say GIAC or APR has. That wasnt meant to say 034 is good or bad just that they dont have any where near the market share or even test cars that the other companys have or had.

Its best to sit back and see what possible growing pains others have. Most of the time with limited number of customers you dont hear much. The same is true with E85 there have been a lot of crappy E85 tunes. Just because someone is making a E85 tune that dosent mean its worth paying or or even getting for free.

We all know APR has a few tricks up there sleeve it might be worth just sitting back and seeing how things play out. If things go well for APR and there testing it might make sense to just wait. I havent heard anything from GIAC as of late. Are they still working in the B8 section

They’re all working on B9. That’s where the margins are…not the old cars. The old cars the tools are out for years, and the competition is crazy. There are 8 different B8 tunes now…and they’re racing to the bottom pricing wise.

The B9 will be so expensive to crack that only 1 or 2 tuners will do so, and they’ll be able to make $1500/car for the first thousand or so cars tuned. then the others will come along in due time.

Happens this way every time.

So every track day I go to, 034 shows up with one of their employees who has a personally owned development B8 S4. One weekend they test swaybars. The next they test out a 3D printed intake. They’ve had the tune going for a while and they’re beating the snot out of it. The guy driving it is quick and knows what he’s doing. I see him out there. I like to know that it has track durability and that they’re putting it through its paces.

Their highly developed cars like the TT-RS are 997 turbo quick.

Reliability doesn’t seem to be so great on turbo conversions, and older cars like a TT 1.8T. But the new stuff seems to work well.

See, I’m not a total revo fan. I think if you want a custom dyno tune this is the way to go. I can live with off the shelf, as I’m still clutch limited until I sort things out.

It also seems like the faster tunes and better hardware come out after a few years too. Take the B6/7 S4s for example where APR, GIAC, and others had their tunes out that did very little. Then comes along JHM and blows the competition away. The B8 S4s with a dual pulley setup are getting pretty impressive. Still want to see a full weight, street tire, and pump gas run with dual pulleys though.

Exactly. I had a B6 APR tune and I felt robbed…only gain was throttle response…those bitches!

I don’t think support for the platform is fading away. All the big names are still working on tunes for dual pulleys.

We have APR stage 3 coming.

GIAC unofficially allowing beta tests for the GMG crank+GIAC pulley. Also Loe is getting support for his 194mm crank+GIAC pulley in his last communication with them. I was offered a beta tune as well.

034 is cooking up some good stuff too. They’ve broke 11’s on stage 1 tune (race gas). Blownone is starting to run some strong times in less than stellar DA’s on a 91/e85 mix too.

EPL is supporting various dual pulley ratios now as well. Still revising their e85 tune through andthen and I have a feeling he’s going to run well this fall based on his logs…

REVO is supposedly trying to get into the dual pulley game… LOL all I have to say about that.

Should be an exciting fall season for the 3.0t

[quote=“mrmomo313,post:35,topic:8566”]
;D

…pending the temps. predicted fall weather is near/above average for most of the nation for Sept-Nov >:(

[quote=“primetime,post:36,topic:8566”]

wait till you post a time…you did this last year and then your car wouldn’t change gears lol

[quote=“sakimano,post:38,topic:8566”]

Lol wasn’t implying that I’d be breaking records though I’ll certainly be out there to see what my car will do… Lot of cars that have done some cool new mods that should put up nice times is what I meant. I know my car is faster than the 11.6@117 through the testing I’ve been doing.

Have not been having transmission issues with the exception of 1st to 2nd on occasion. Still Stock TCU.

APR needs my car down in AL to write a dsg tune so I’ll be going with another tuner this fall.

[quote=“mrmomo313,post:39,topic:8566”]

I think he was addressing me? If so at the time I believe I still set the record even with the wonky shifts…

Just excited so I’m sure I won’t be anywhere close to records with all these 200+ pulley sizes, ported blowers, better tunes, etc. :wink: