the v10 s6 project

;D

Plus Karma! Hilarious

Subscribed. S8 is looking like it will be the next chariot, so I am interested to follow this through to the end. I think addressing the carbon, heat soak and poor exhaust will result in a much improved vehicle.

Good to hear.

Yes, the S8 will be very similar to the S6, and most of the changes that we are making to the S6 should also apply to the S8.

UPDATE

Check out the first page of the thread for pics of some additional parts that will be installed on the car

Great update! This thing is going to have the power and looks to match. Those RS6 brakes are monsters. Where did you get them from? Before going Stoptech I was looking to find a set but never found anything reasonable.

What are your plans for the dual intakes? If you have enough room, I could see two big filters down in the lower bumper area now that the fogs are deleted.

Thanks man!

I got the RS6 brakes from German eBay. There is actually a set up there right now, if you are interested. They are pricey though.

I believe on the 3.0t you would need to also buy the 4.2 or S6 control arms.

If you want a cheaper option, I have my old 385mm S6 set for sale, and I could offer you a nice AudiRevolution member discount :wink: You would still need the 4.2/S6 control arms.

Yeah, my Canadian S6 didnt come with the led DRLs in the from bumper. At first I thought about adding them, but now it will actually work out better, since the DRL are integrated into the headlights, and I dont have to worry about adding them to the RS6 bumper.

The car will definitely get two big filters. There should be lots of room down there by the time the guys are done deleting a bunch of useless crap in that area. LOL

Already have the Stoptech 355 kit. Definitely can’t justify spending more money on brakes that my winters wont even clear. Thanks for the offer though!

Can’t wait to hear this V10 roar.

Oh nice. The Stoptech 355 kit is likely superior to the stock S6 brakes anyway. They provide a high quality kit

The piano black will look wonderful. Might I suggest giving it a good buff and coating it with some sort of protection before the install. t scratches quite easily. Ceramic Pro would be the best choice but I would definitely do at least something along the lines of chemical guy’s Jet Seal.

Thanks for the tip!

The area is filled with all the Sai junk or it should be that’s where all the Sai stuff is normally at.

Man this keeps getting better. Great update

Wow those are some decent upgrades you got going there from overseas!

Thanks man!

Now I just have to find the money to finish up the project, and get this beast back on the road!

Cant wait man, i may copy some of your mods :slight_smile: when you have proved them.

Nice! That is one of the main reasons why I am documenting everything… so that there can be a more clearly defined path for S6 owners to extract the full potential out of the v10 in the S6.

I’m quite excited and anxious to hear how your beast will growl with these headers. I’ve heard several S6s and S8s with some aftermarket catbacks and I gotta tell you it was beastly, I could only imagine what your set up would unleash…

I have following this with great interest I see you are trying to cool this beast down and help her breathe. Any room for an Intake in the fender? FWI’s put the air filter completely outside the engine bay so you would be sure to have cool fresh air coming in. Also from what I see water/methanol injection would help greatly with the prevention of carbon build up and also it provides a much cooler air charge thus potentially some extra hp. Just some food for though. Cheers! ;D

Very happy to see more and more people following along!

With most of the high performance NA Audi’s, messing with the factory intake, and replacing it with an aftermarket CAI, resulted in a loss of performance. That being said, we are working on a custom intake for the car that should address the shortcomings of the factory design, and provide a higher level of performance when combined with the other components of the complete power package. That is about all I can say at this point.

When I previously researched adding meth injection to combact carbon buildup, I remember coming to the conclusion that it wouldnt help. That being said, the best way to know is to add a system to one of these cars following a carbon clean, and then check for carbon buildup in 20000 miles. My car would not be a good case study, since it is heavily modified.

We are hoping that some of the changes we are making will result in decreased carbon buildup. But again, the only way you will know is to check it 20k miles down the road, and see where things are at.

Purpelt, if you plan to install meth, make sure you take lots of pics and document everything, so that we can include the results in the S6 Info Dump.