TTS Fueling issue

I have a problem. On Road Atlanta coming out of turn 7 hard and less so but also there getting on the throttle up the hill will still turning in turn one the engine coughs sputters. It is definitely fuel cut out. The thing these places have in coming is long sustained right hand G forces. I was sure it was a low fuel sloshing around and uncovering the pickup. I filled the tank and it happened only very slightly less with a full tank.
I still suspect it is tank/pickup related it just doesn’t make sense.
If anyone knows how the tank is arranged and can shed some light on this I would be very greatful. Big problem is their is no easy way to recreate the problem.

With a full tank this shouldn’t even be possible. Not to say it’s not fuel related and not to say it’s impossible. With a full tank it shouldn’t happen.

Do you have a vac com. You can log this event and see if it is fuel related.

Can you give me year make info on the car I can see if I can get a diagram of the tank pump and pickup.

How old is your fuel filter mile wise.

I totally agree. I know this fuel system from filter forward very well. I have a VAGCOM but it wasn’t operating at Road Atlanta. Fuel filter is pretty new 10k miles. I know it does not make sense. I was brainstorming and I was thinking maybe if the pump basket has too small of an opening and the pickup was on right side. Look I know that is reaching but it is so related to long left G-Forces. Turn 7 has turn 6 rolling right into it so it has about 5 to 7 sec of .6+ G.
It was crazy to make 10 laps and have the car stumble in the same exact place everytime. I would nurse it half throttle and try not to let it downshift and it wouldn’t stumble.

I was so sure the full tank would solve the issue, surprise nope!
PS Its quattro with saddle tanks
Thanks for replying.

What year is the car. What motor and auto or manual

09 TTS EA113 FSI 2.0L

DSG

Sure could use some real smart people on this.

I am looking at 3 possibilities.

1. LPFP is weak and high G’s makes it cut out.
  2. The siphon hose to the jet pump has a bad check valve. (if it has one)
  3. The basket around the pickup doesn’t allow enough in during high right G’s. This maybe with the siphon hose/jet pump.

Look its reaching for any of these.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv257/BRD-PREY/fuel_zpsefd8bfd8.jpg

isn’t it a right turn?
6 and 7?

I think I found a good diagram of the tank it’s hard to tell for sure but it looks like a saddle tank. The lPFP seems to be an issue on some of the other 2.0t cars so there is a chance center that’s a contributing factor. Is there any way you can duplicate thus not at the track lie that. Also what side is the bend. That should help tell if the gas is going to or away from the pump.

Yes, 6/7 are right turns, hence left is the direction of g-force.
Yes, its a saddle tank.
Yes, the forces are away from the pump. Pump is in the right saddle with a hose going to the left saddle to power a jet pump which pumps gas back to the basket.
But with a full tank it can’t just be a simple away from the pump.

It must be something complicating it.

There is a chance it’s getting cavitation if it’s bent or not angled right. That side of the tank looks more shallow then the other side. Can you get this to happen outside of the track. I can help you log what blocks ro check for. Maybe check in the tank real quickly to see if anything odd stands out. Is there any codes

Good Idea with tank angle. I had a 0089 / check engine light after one of the more severe cutouts. I will go pull store ECU data.

Hard to log anywhere else. Maybe a huge parking lot

Oh and for those wondering he didnt just stumble on this site. This is my father

Have you tried replacing the fuel filter first? The FPR is integrated into the filter and the P0089 code you pulled could correspond to it.

Dave

I could but its 4 months old, the car runs fine WOT from 0 to 140. It is only when taking those long hard right handers. I am now considering a fuel surge tank.

If you can give us all the stored codes. I know the surge tank seems like the end all fix let’s make sure we aren’t building one without needing one first. I’m going to check and see what exactly that code is

NiceTits is? Fooled me

lmao. yes he is my father.