V10 Intake manifold flap delete v. lock and Cleaning

Just realized those pics may be worthless because the problem was on top

The spec for these

I’ve PM’ed you a work book for this.
For any one else that want to know the torque spec ->

1 Like

Holy cow that’s a lot of bolts

I might have stripped one of the bolts I’m going to try to fit a 35 in that and see what happens

So who here has removed a camshaft before? :sweat_smile:

This guy https://youtu.be/ahNtlkNAXhE :sunglasses:

Oof this is an engine out job it looks like :cold_sweat: that’s not good it seems

Should this gasket be like this? It fits everywhere except this spot

Yeah this is about to scream part out to me
:man_facepalming:

I’m going to hit the valve cover with the dremel to make the gasket fit. I am going to see if I can run on 9 cylinders withought those rocker arms

Is that on the passenger side? The gasket and valve cover?

The reason I say so, is that there is an updated valve cover. If you have the old valve cover but the new gasket the passenger side won’t fit without a little work

Driver side

Sorry the RS4 is the passenger side that had the update in the VC. it looks like it might be the driver side for the S6. Take a look at your old gaskets you took out. The VC gaskets. See if it’s missing that section.

I think it’s just the updated VC. That would mean you have an updated VC gasket with the old VC.

If you can, check and let us know. I don’t want to be offering information if it’s not current. But I do think if you check your old driver side gasket you’ll see that that section is missing or different.

It was different :man_facepalming:

Ok how do I get all of these plugs on the IM? Do I really have to take my radiator off?

I managed today to connect all of them with the whole front installed.
But not without some scratches on the arm and a lot of swearing…

I think I broke the flaps in the IM it took a knock going in :man_facepalming: I’m going to still install it for now and if it turns out that it’s actually broken I can install spacers when I take it out again

Oh crap.

Yeah lol at least I have no where to be for a weeks :man_shrugging: