Went to the dragstrip today with the RS4 + JHM exhaust

Fastest stock time was 2 years ago in April when I went 12.75 @ 108.36. DA back then was pretty good, around 0 or a couple hundred feet.

Today it was a bit warmer, but still decent. I went alone because everyone was busy. I just wanted to go give the car a rip, and get some GoPro footage for JHM who are working on an RS4 video.

So…first pass was a shakedown, and I went 12.73 @ 108. So that was cool…faster than my all time best when I was just giving it a rip. My 60’ time was 1.81 which is the best I’d ever done so that was promising.

I made about 9 or 10 passes. Place was DESERTED. It was me, an E63 AMG S (the new AWD ones) and a guy in a BMW 5 series GT (that hatchback thing they put out last year)…and that was it for the first 30 minutes! Maximum was like 10 cars.

My best ET and trap of the day was 12.53 @ 110.53. I rattled off about 8 different passes in the 12.5 to 12.6 range. I had a couple of 1.78-1.79 60’ times in there as well which was nice.

Funniest part of this, to me, is that this time is faster than the fastest PES M90 supercharged RS4 time. i.e. a $13,000 supercharger kit that they sold dozens of to people here and abroad…and I just had my exhaust (in WAY worse DA than the PES car (Kryptonik) ran in. What a shame those jackoffs are still in business.

Timeslip below, and video of the pass…vs the E63 AMG S. It was looking good for the RS4 for a little while…I got him by about 2 tenths on reaction, and had a much better launch which allowed me to hold him off for a good 3/4 of the track but GOD DAMN did he fly by lol. You can see his time (11.80) on the board from my GoPro. Always a sign your race has not gone well :slight_smile:

JHM 2.75" downpipes (with cats)
JHM 2.75" resonated catback
Everything else bone stock
1/4 tank pump gas

Fastest time vs. the E63. The RS4 sounds pretty awesome I have to say. That external microphone works a charm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3co9eaQTbs

http://audirevolution.net/addons/albums/images/962064603.jpg

Awesome…

Good stuff saki

Thanks

This was a close run…vs a new SRT8 4 door. Challenger or charger… I always get them mixed up. I won.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/13/2a9a7yte.jpg

How come no tune yet or other supporting mods? Warranty?

Very nice. Solid gains from the JHM exhaust.

Good stuff. Amazing how that Benz went around you after such a close first half.

what was your reasoning to go with a catted dp since you were running catless in the S4?

Awesome times for stock shifter and stock tune though.

Good stuff Saki , nice time for such little mods

yup, warranty
Other mods…haven’t needed anything yet.

Intakes don’t work on these cars
Brembos are fine
Clutch is good (57k miles)

I should have had intake spacers installed when I had the carbon clean done last summer. I regret that whenever I’m at the strip and my shit is completely heatsoaked.

SSP!

I just wanted cats for emissions. We are the only province still doing emissions testing. Hopefully they can it eventually.

Cats keep it civil though.

I leapt out ahead by 4 tenths on RT, and made the ‘lead’ bigger as you can see in the 60 but after about 330 feet he starts really making up ground (I don’t consider RT a lead, bit for the purpose of analysis, let’s call it that) .

He totally went around me in the second half though. That gear shift when he appears is me go g into 4th, so right at 100 mph.

Very nicely done!! That is straight moving for a just exhaust car…speaking of which that sound is truly glorious.

Fun stuff! Love love love that RS4 growl.

niceeeeee. so how did you get there? tire pressures? tire brand? launch rpm? spill the beans buddy

tire pressure was around 34 PSI. I didn’t change it. I actually checked it after 8 passes (I always forget) and was shocked it was that low to be honest. Not sure how much lower I could have taken it. Car was spinning quite a bit. I should put a bunch of the other passes up.

tire brand is Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255

launch RPM always around 3500-3800

Oh, forgot to mention…some of the guys who were with us a year or so ago when we went on April 6th will remember a gunmetal grey GTR that was dominating. I believe we have some video of it somewhere. Anyway, that’s the same guy who owned the MB E63 AMG S from the video yesterday.

Awesome work! Great launch and shifts… Nice to see that improvement from the exhaust… I’m impressed to be totally honest… Da shows 450-500 around that time… Probably netted you .3 which is huge really… Other vids you can share?

Was going to go yesterday but promised the wife weeks ago I would do an Easter egg hunt with Wilhelm… Da was very high as it was mid 60s by 11-12… I’ll take the rs next week either way…

Sounds awesome and great times!

Already stated, but very cool how much performance is added from just an exhaust

nicely done Saki - and the sound is fantastic