Went to the dragstrip today with the RS4 + JHM exhaust

Nice launch and shifts Saki. The engine sound is incredible. How come no wind sound - where did you mount the mic?
And this convinces me I need to speak with JHM asap. :slight_smile:

Awesome runs Saki!

Amazing to see an RS4 so deep into the 12’s with just a full exhaust…

LW Wheels, LW rotors, LW Flywheel and Clutch, JHM tune, Intake Spacers and JHM LW Pulley I think you’ll see a 12.1-12.2 for sure. You’re an aweosme driver.

I had the microphone on the rear bumper, dead centre. AudioTechnica something or other. Perfect. Twenty foot cord…and twenty bucks.
See the gopro thread for deets

thanks
As PT said the exhaust probably picked up 3 and 3 so hopefully we get an ice cold weekend here and I can try for a 12.4@111

x2, SSP for me too. Had stock with the S4, modded with the A6 and now a stock one in the golf and I much prefer stock

Nice work! Sounds incredible!

Hi everyone,

Found Saki’s forum thread and wanted to comment…

As he said it was literally the perfect day. I saw him driving down (he was much more relaxed than I was getting there lol).
I saw his first shake down passes and thought I should have no issues - plus he was dressed in a golfing shirt and looked like he was on his way to the links and just stopped by (which I believe is true actually…:wink:
So when we lined up I wasn’t too concerned - I mean, who can run a car AND come to the track in a golf shirt?

We he could.

I actually started laughing after he decimated me at the tree and hoped I would catch up (which I luckily did).
I had launch control and was in pure auto - so I had zero excuses. I will have to do something about my tire pressure though (stock 51 psi - I lowered it to 45 psi - but that is still rock hard). My understanding is that its due to how heavy the car is (~4700 lbs).

Anyways - I was lucky to meet Saki there and he is right I met a few of your guys there before when I was there with the GTR. If any of you have video - please post it.

Until then - here’s a few of my car against a cammed, exhaust and tuned Z06. To be VERY clear - his car is MUCH faster than mine - he trapped 131 MPH - I simply had better traction than he did. The second race…well you’ll see.

Cheers!

Race 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJnPUhiFnFg

Race 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMpAWY8fCo8

Haha golf shirt FTW!

Welcome to AR, vtknight.

Lol - thanks! I am only going to the track with golf shirts from now own. Saki is quite an experienced driver - a manual - no launch control car homped me off the line. His 60’ showed that too - about 1/10th better than my best - I think he even had a few 1.7X runs. He will surprise more than a few people with that car and its still pretty untouched yet…

It doesn’t hurt that his car sounds pretty awesome too (you couldn’t hear my car in any of my races lol).

Very eye opening about the pes kit.

Incredible validation on the performance of the JHM exhaust. Done in proper attire

LOL - It obviously is not the exhaust, it is the shirt!

Did you wear red pants, too?

What brand of golf shirt was it? Please add golf shirt details to drag strip database.

Vt, welcome to AR… Any mods to your beast? What’s the best 1/4 ET, 60 and mph so far… Plans for it? Looks like nice and sure runs well…

Ahhh, Saki, the Stylemeister.

I was wearing full on golf geek clothes because I was playing after, straight from the track and wouldnt have time to go home. Even drove wearing my golf shoes :slight_smile: they’re the adidas ones in the golf thread …basically runners.

J Lindeberg, always

that run I believe was his best. He only had one mod…baby seat in the back lol

His GTR on the otherhand…yikes!

9.61 ET at 151.8 MPH R1K GTR Dasilva Racing 7th …:
http://youtu.be/GPVZBloiHd8

Thanks PT! No mods to the Merc - I have to give it back in four years - although I did look into it lol. The tune is pretty pricey about $1500 - but its good for 100 crank HP and Tq. I’ve seen 10.9-11.1 at ~130 MPH with it.
Problem is that the ECU cover is glued shut (likely to prevent just such tuning) and many shops drill a hole in the case to get at it. As I am fortunate enough to have the GTR which is built to race (its a long story but I was sponsored by Switzer so they made an offer I couldn’t refuse) - I am leaving it alone.

My best time for the Merc was against Saki - 11.801at 121 MPH. My speedo said I hit 200 km/hr (about 125 MPH) - but I know these aren’t necessarily the most accurate devices. I have a VBOX in the GTR and that would have been handy here. Motortrend and Road and Track have run 3.4/11.6@121.8 and 3.2/11.5@123 MPH respectively - so I’m close. I had the AC on lol - so if my GTR isn’t finished by May 28th (Dasilva track rental) - I will try again with the Merc. Its a great car - heavy - but its doesn’t feel heavy. Great cruiser.

I am now going with an AMS build for the GTR - built by a local shop owner (Nathan Samuels) who has just opened a shop. So its another sponsored build that I will race to help build his shops name.
My GTR with the Switzer R1K performed really well and was an awesome street car. I will lose much of that with the new build as the larger turbos (from custom Greddy GT3071R’s to custom Greddy GT3794’s) will not be as responsive obviously. Many people told me not to do it as I was running 9.90’s at 147 MPH on pump and a best 9.41 ET and best MPH of 155 - and with 500 KM to a tank (I once made it back from Montreal on one tank). That said, the R1K engine and supporting gear is already purchased and will go in next week to the new owners car - so it’s too late now lol.

This will be the new kit;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtt7BmXFe4s

I look forward to meeting you at the track. There are some cool events that I am aware of such as a roll race event and a mile competition - both in Detroit. I will also be renting the track hopefully more than once this year and attending shamelessly anyone else’s track days (As that is where the prep is at).

Thanks again for the warm invite and I hope to contribute positively to the site…cheers!

^^ That video was awesome. AMS is actually an AR member.