Will it blend? (BritishTurbo build)

Just wondering if this will ever get off the ground and be as awesome as the 25 pages of build thread and ‘sick build’ comments would indicate, or if it will be another project to that never ends or just turns into a dyno queen.

Thoughts?

i r confused ???

lol British turbos thread

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505784

Yeah he was moving at an alarming rate until things went awry. Interesting enough he’s covered some new territory. I certainly hope the car makes it down the 1320 when it’s all done.

I’ve been following this thread for a while. It’s honestly the best build thread I’ve ever seen. Ever.

next question…will he comment?

Latest Member: britishturbo

Haha but of course! I’m not afraid :wink:

I kept meaning to register here and figured now I had to lol

Now I don’t call my build “sick” myself of course but if others want to I won’t complain lol.
But I am quite proud of what I’ve done so far and what I have in the works.
Is my first Audi and came with a blown engine so I decided to make it how I wanted it.
With the stock motor (before a tuning mishap) it was running pretty good, getting 2.8 fats times and making around 450 to 475 wtq/whp if you believe the logs lol.

At this minute in time I’m building the 3.0 for the car, I’m in the process of CNC porting the heads myself and am making a billet intake for the car.

So no it might not be “sick” just yet but I’m hoping it will be when the 3.0 is finished lol.

I have a lot of billet parts that I’m making for it that I’m keeping a surprise for now though :wink:

Cheers.

It looks frigging intense. I just really hope it gets finished before you grow weary of the platform. Seems lots o these builds wear people out before the car gets its wings.

Your progress was pretty amazing initially, and I just checked back in and the thread is honking big already. Looking forward to seeing it play out.

With respect to testing performance, what’s your drug of choice…dyno, pbox, dragstrip, all three?

I have no plans to leave the platform. I’ve wanted a b5 s4 for over 10 years and I love the thing haha.
I actually plan on pushing things forward in some fun new ways…

I’m actually picking up another 2.7 when I get back from Brodix in Arkansas this week and will throw that in the car to get running again :slight_smile:

Already have the new turbo and new intercooler ready to go as well.

Love the thread title BTW haha.

I plan to dyno the car, run the quarter mile and autocross.
:slight_smile:

cool, looking forward to it. The B5 platform really needs some new life. Having someone motivated and skilled and with great resources is a great step to get it moving again.

Are you in the UK? What’s the history behind your user name? Look forward to the build

I’m British but I live in the US. Pennsylvania to be exact. And I like to put a turbo on everything haha.

Here’s a little teaser of one of the projects I’m working on :wink:

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q755/britishturbo/IMG_20130302_162918_658_zpsf969555c.jpg

?

http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachments/nitrous-oxide/225050d1270228345-nitrous-purge-dsc06921.jpg

looks interesting, in what part of the keystone state are your staying?

I live right outside State College.

Hey BT, your build is awesome, glad you are going back to the 2.7 to keep it going for now. Most of all, what I notice is you are a total forum gentleman and you don’t stop when people tell you “this doesn’t work” or “its proven to suck, don’t bother”.

I’ve read up on AZ and the “Dialing in” thread on the “other” forum, hope to read more as you progress.

Britishturbo is a good guy, we are all very excited to see his results… I also recommend BritishTuning as he has my car running quite strong :wink:

Brodix… now thats a company that I havent heard of since I sold my 73 Camaro LOL

Plus the 5bar map support he and a few other got working!

BritishTurbo is what the B5S4 community needed.

A quick update on my build.

I’m throwing together a “temp” 2.7 built motor this weekend to put int he car while I build the 3.0.
I have a LOT of custom billet parts to make for the 3.0… :wink: