2002 3.0 6MT Build

After staring at this white avant forever I realized what the problem is, the wheels are too small…
So I searched some more and found this…
http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/378674-some-legit-pics-this-time…-OEM-RS4-wheel-content

I know this on a S4 but the stance he has is flawless IMO.
225/35/19 on 19"x9" et29

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/S419x9et29.jpg

If I run this exact same specifications on my B6, will I have the same stance? or is there other factors I’m unaware of?

It depends on you ride height. He def looks lowered a bit. If you got the exact same ET and he is lower than you, your wheels will stick out more. When you lower the car the arms move upward and bring the wheels closer inset to the car. A et 30 wheel should be fine, if need be you can add a small spacer to get perfect flushness. But you should be sitting pretty damn clean

Ahhh wheel choice, the hardest thing to do…

Good luck with either of your choices

Thanks Lout, your right about that wheels are probably the hardest choice of anything.

Update-

Dropped car back off at the transmission shop and pulled the cross rod. Sent it off to JHM this after noon for upgrade.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/CrossRod.jpg

Then, back to the body shop for what I hope to be the last of the body work. Right now she is up for paint on the roof and the rear passenger door. And I really hope this time I get my car back with the USP spoiler on. It really looks funny without it.

After I pick her up from the body shop hopefully by friday its back to the transmission shop for the install of my upgraded cross rod, and the JHM “trio kit”, which includes JHM short shifter, upgraded solid linkage, delrin bushing, and 3 chocies for reverse spring stiffness.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/JHMshifterkit.jpg

(REVIEW TO COME)

Recieved my cross rod back last week, upgraded with a spherical rod end courtesy JHM. Unfortunatly shes still in the body shop awaiting paint and spoiler. I’ll have her back monday or tuesday WITHOUT a spoiler cuz I accidently gave them the part number for the S4 spoiler, not the USP. So it looks like I will have my car back again with a ugly ass :frowning: But on the bright side my shifter is fixed and I can’t wait to see how the transmission feels with the upgrades to my linkage and shifter.

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/100MEDIA_IMAG0098.jpg

After 3+ weeks with no car I finally recieved the good news yesterday that the body shop has finished painting my roof (to remove some scale looking marks on the clear coat) and my passenger rear quater panel (removing a nasty huge key mark). My USP spoiler is FINALLY in route, coming from Jersey I am hoping to have it by tues/wed. Monday morning I’m waking up at 7:30am to ride with the tow truck guy to the transmission shop and have my cross rod installed!

That will be a nice christmas prezzie having your car back

Yup it sure will be!

Update: The cross rod is installed and it feels much better! the side to side motion with the shifter feels much improved, the only way I can describe is that the shifter feels stronger and more tightly held in place.

Dropped her off at a new shop I found to diagnose my CEL that has come back haunting me with this lean code, some place called Sport Haus, seems like they mainly service porsches but it looks like a sick shop and they seem to really know what they are doing, unlike my previous shop which seemed to just want to throw parts at the car instead of properly diagnosing, and they actually had heard of JHM and had experience installing their products which is pretty cool. So they will be installing the JHM short shifter, solid linkage and with a fresh tune up and hopefully I should have her back tommorrow.

JHM “Trio Kit” Review:

I picked my car up from Sport Haus today, I had them install the trio kit, replaced quite a few broken vacuum lines, and had them do a fuel system flush with some stuff they reccomended. My car runs great with the codes cleared and in optimal running condition. And to add to that the shifter feels incredibly strong and solid, The shifts are very tight and the throw if I had to guess has been cut at least in half. So shifts are very fast and it the shifter feels much heavier. Before it felt flimsy and if it was about to break.

I highly reccomend this upgrade to anyone with a manual transmission, even if you just use your car as a daily driver or if your going for a built 3.0, especially the 01E transmissions, the solid linkage and cross rod upgrade has made the car feel how it should be. The short shifter gives it a VERY sporty, short and agressive shift.

Glad you have your car back.

Nice review. After driving my spare car for a while which is a manual, I wish my 3.0 was a manual as well (sometimes, that’s when I am not sitting in traffic)

Thanks Lout I am very happy with the way she handles now. The precise shifts are so smooth. It sounds to me like you maybe want to do the 01E swap :wink:

I think it’s highly flawed. Looks good in some pics, but in reality it’s a bit of a big wheels jam-in job that just is one big compromise.

1. camber just to fit the wheels? rice.

2. 27lb 9" wide wheels and 30 lb tires on an S4 is overkill, doesn’t fit, and is heavy as fuck…let alone on an A4. Rotational mass is your enemy.

p.s. a few months after making this car ‘flawless’ he sold it for a (slower) S5 4.2

After much debate I decided to stick with the USP 18" oem wheels, I want a sleeper so I need to look stock plus the USP package is very clean IMO. Only problem is I’m broke after coming back from the shop, but on the plus side my car has never felt this good, I’m really love it more and more everytime I drive it.

Finally!!! (USP SPOILER)

Before

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/Rear.jpg

After

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/A4QuattroV6/USPSpoiler.jpg

I’m thinking those badges need to come off, the only problem is I’m proud to have a 3.0, i don’t want people thinking i’m a 1.8t

I still can’t get over how that tiny little spoiler makes such a big difference. Looks great mang!

Nicely - great to hear all the bodywork is done.

I de-badged my car cause I like the clean look, but I know how you feel about being confused for something else. A friend of mine told me that their BF had the same car as I did, only problem is he had 2.0 4 cylinder with no turbo :frowning:

Thanks Guys. I really love how she turned out. I still can’t get over how the JHM SS and linkage kit feels! Definitly a must on any manual. I think another one of those little things (that always cost a lot for some reason) is going to be the USP door flares. Its either that or side skirts and I cant steer from OEM now since my goal is to have a sleeper. I think the badges need to stay, at least for now.

Exactly. Great addition. Its the little things that make such a large impact. Who would have thought that a small spoiler and a cross rod with some little bits would have made such an impact. Its funny but they do.

looks great love how it changes the angles. Great way to go.

Thanks Count.

Update- JUST ORDERED MY ECU!

Up next while I’m in the shop for a tune up I will be installing JHM tune, SAI delete, Zingo Mod, air silencer remover, intake manifold spacers, and hope to paint the intake manifold. I’m thinking either denim blue to match the car, or red.

Nicely - Can’t wait to hear a review of the tune on a manual.

I would paint the IM denim blue. Every one does red time for a different color in the bay