2013 F150 Ecoboost build...

EcoboostRevolution.net…??

I’ve been intrigued with the Ecoboost and have always been a big fan of sport trucks. As a kid, I was a huge fan of the Syclone. I wondered if they would ever throw the V6tt into a standard cab/bed and it looks like they did. I stumbled on this the other day.

http://youtu.be/ASqrB6wXzv8

Not trying to jack your thread Euro, just thought it was cool and relates a bit.

Thread jack away…lol I love this truck right now.

That just looks like a single cab FX4 with appearance package. I don’t think 4.10 gears are a factory option, but my 3.73 will do just fine.

You know what is crazy…guys are making over 400whp/480wtq on just a tune right now…that is a lot of power in a single cab 2WD truck…it’s a lightning killer basically.

I’ve been intrigued with the Ecoboost and have always been a big fan of sport trucks. As a kid, I was a huge fan of the Syclone. I wondered if they would ever throw the V6tt into a standard cab/bed and it looks like they did. I stumbled on this the other day.

http://youtu.be/ASqrB6wXzv8

Not trying to jack your thread Euro, just thought it was cool and relates a bit.

Thread jack away…lol I love this truck right now.

That just looks like a single cab FX4 with appearance package. I don’t think 4.10 gears are a factory option, but my 3.73 will do just fine.

You know what is crazy…guys are making over 400whp/480wtq on just a tune right now…that is a lot of power in a single cab 2WD truck…it’s a lightning killer basically.

That is what I was thinking, lots of power in a 2WD truck! It could get real interesting with a 4WD version… they say it will be an option in the vid.

That is what I was thinking, lots of power in a 2WD truck! It could get real interesting with a 4WD version… they say it will be an option in the vid.

Love the red with black!

Nice sleeper truck euro. If I ever need to start hauling things I know what I am buying now ;D

Thanks man, I just went 13.41@99mph two weekends ago…TUNE only and my 6klb truck cut a 1.81 60’! My best in my S4 was a 1.78.

It’s a great looking truck and is surprisingly quick.

Updates to come because DA is about to be killer down here in NC and…
Parts in the mail:
Catless downpipes
Intake
Intercooler piping

13.0s or cross my finger high 12s would be fucking awesome

Is the mph on trucks so shit because of gearing or because of aero?

Probably aero…most trucks are like big boxes and it really runs out of breath up top. The flange from the exhaust manifold to the turbo is barely bigger than a quarter so that doesn’t help at all. I think DPs will help out a little, but we will see. Some guys are upgrading turbos but not manifolds, it almost seems senseless to me with a restriction like that.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/EcoBoost/DSC_1119copy.jpg

I’ll look into gearing, haven’t really done that yet.

^ Holy shit, that’s nuts! Are they doing that to try to meet EPA shit, or just keep cost down?

I bet keep torque up. being a truck low end (1.5k-2k rpm) is very important for it to be a suitable v8 replacement

Yeah, moving the powerband up would likely impact towing and isn’t that V6 ECO still rated at ~10000lbs? Crazy.

Yea after I posted I started thinking about it, and figured it might be something like that.

Still seems funny to see headers so small on something that makes that much power across the entire powerband.

Good point beem, this thing makes nasty torque down low

Love the red with black!

Nice sleeper truck euro. If I ever need to start hauling things I know what I am buying now ;D

Thanks man, I just went 13.41@99mph two weekends ago…TUNE only and my 6klb truck cut a 1.81 60’! My best in my S4 was a 1.78.

It’s a great looking truck and is surprisingly quick.

Updates to come because DA is about to be killer down here in NC and…
Parts in the mail:
Catless downpipes
Intake
Intercooler piping

13.0s or cross my finger high 12s would be fucking awesome

Is the mph on trucks so shit because of gearing or because of aero?

Probably aero…most trucks are like big boxes and it really runs out of breath up top. The flange from the exhaust manifold to the turbo is barely bigger than a quarter so that doesn’t help at all. I think DPs will help out a little, but we will see. Some guys are upgrading turbos but not manifolds, it almost seems senseless to me with a restriction like that.

http://i540.photobucket.com/albums/gg324/LivernoisMotorsports/EcoBoost/DSC_1119copy.jpg

I’ll look into gearing, haven’t really done that yet.