4.0T Performance Parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl8cotyGBrQ

lol

(i’ll create yet another thread once I have all videos up)

Well, at least I now don’t have tune envy.

:o

haha. big difference?

Sweet. Going to be awesome at the drag strip!

I was actually looking forward to you two racing bone stock. That would have been very interesting to me.

^^ They will.

how stock is stock though? Seems tainted.

I would say its within margin of error. I am going to clear all adaption and run it stock that week before the first runs. Than switch during the night.

On our stage 1 software, stock is stock. All stock maps are switched back to what they were. We don’t use multipliers, or load limiters to recreate stock. That’s only necessary on cars with lots of hardware changes, like our stage 3 kits.

[QUOTE=well_armed;9671477]Still waiting for data on that intake.
[/quote]

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7415/13903051111_5a2b209809_b.jpg
USP Sucks by well_armed, on Flickr

[QUOTE=well_armed;9672090]Typical Vendorzine crap. You will NEVER get my business.

Asking people to buy your product, do your performance testing after launch, is asinine.

Until you prove otherwise, your shop is on my “scam” artist list.
[/quote]
Holy shit are these guys dumb.

BTW, they erased their intake thread after I repeatedly mocked them for no data.

starting to get fun…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/592142-USP-Motorsports-Presents-SOWO-Prep-Sale-FREE-SHIPPING!!!?p=9675949&viewfull=1#post9675949

[QUOTE=Jesse@USP;9675591]You know Moosehead I will say this you are 100% correct I shouldn’t called well_armed out for trolling. Well_armed my apologies as a vendor and someone who supports this site and its members I apologize. Im just curious as to why your asking me for data on a product I never posted about. Let alone on a forum post that has anything to do with said product.

And as far as slandering us and calling our company “scam artist” We have one of the best reputations on this and other forums and you would be hard pressed to show other wise.

On top of that if your questioning our products in case you didn’t know we hold records for some of the fastest and quickest Audis, VW’s and Porsche in the world.

There’s a lot of companies that don’t post dyno numbers. Its about real world numbers. There’s a ton of variations on numbers with dynos and I think we all know that.
[/quote]
I will try and address each comment in order…

Someone from USP erased a company thread advertising your intake (which I respectfully asked for data), and a day later this showed up. Sorry, but your sob story about my off topic questioning was negated the second ‘someone’ from your company erased ‘said’ thread. <insert head and neck don’t talk to each other comment here>

It is also curious as to why you (and without pause) called me a troll. Either you are horrible with customer service, or you have knowledge about the intake thread, precipitating the troll comment. I wish we could pull up the account history to see.

But now that you have apologized about slandering me as a troll, you can now take the high ground…and say I am slandering you without merit, because you have provided such anecdotal evidence, as your self proclaimed “we have one of the best reputations on this and other forums…” I called you a scam artist a) because you are selling a product without anything to prove that it provides an advantage of at least 1% to any category for our “cars” and b) I didn’t feel like being nice after being called a troll. I still stand by my definition.

I didn’t know USP was a world record holder for the fastest and quickest Audis, VW’s and Porsche in the world. Do you mind sharing how this claim is substantiated?

re: Dyno numbers. Great, I am glad that you subscribe to the dyno’s are crap mantra (especially for intakes). Then why is the only thing listed for your 3.0T intake…a dyno graph!?

http://www.uspmotorsports.com/images/usp_30t_intake_graph.JPG

How about we compromise, why don’t you send me an intake for FREE – and take it down the 1/4 mile track on May 14th, while doing some logging with my APR app. Because from what I see, USP is nothing but scam artists until they practice what they preach.

On second thought, don’t send it to me. I might actually show something worth reading…

Pretty sad… Check this one out of your buddies… Not popular with the ttrs folks on vendorzine either…

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/583880-VWR-TTRS-Intake-IN-STOCK

How pathetic when a customer does the vendor’s job for them.

Hilarious. Dude is too lazy to even call the OEM.

How the hell has USP managed to fuck up so badly… On an intake… On two completely unrelated platforms?

I think calling them scam artists for selling a part without proof is a bit strong. Not sure if I missed something but scam artist would imply willful deceit. Like they post a 15 hp dyno gain but the intake does nothing (this used to happen in the B67 world a lot) . If they’re just offering a part without evidence to support its value that’s just poor marketing not scamming. Maybe I missed something?

But going after customers and being this wrong is incredible.

Many companies who get asked to show performance gains HATE guys like not armed because it is tough when your parts don’t work that well (which is the case with probably 60% of the parts out there in audi forums) .

Companies who do the right thing and have parts that work LOVE guys like notarmed . Why? If your shit works, guys like notarmed ensure that you will be identified above the others and he will help the market demand performance for our performance parts (shocking concept, I know) .

If USP is so performance focused as they claim, they should welcome the challenge to raise the bar and strengthen the barrier to entry in the marketplace. Not chastise him or write him off. JHM is a good example. Their soke achievement however has been putting a VW VR6 engine in a B5 S4 and running a 9. Not sure how that makes them an audi performance leader lol.

All of us ‘JHM’ fan boys are a good example of what is happening to notarmed. When JHM came along they showed performance, not dyno sheets or empty ‘everyone loves it!’ claims. A bunch of us really got on board as they rescued the B67 S4/RS4 community from real ‘SCAM ARTISTS’. JHM made great parts that made our cars faster after years of CRAP.

The JHM guys both came from the Mustang world where pretenders get weeded out instantly. People in old Mustangs aren’t buying them for prestige or FASHION like lots of these S6/S7 guys buying I takes and being happy to chat about their ‘mods’ at cars and coffee or cocktail parties. You buy a fix body because you want to go fucking fast. No other reason. Chicks don’t like them. Your wife will hate it. It has one purpose. So your parts better work in the Mustang world and you’d better show that when you sell them.

Back in B67 we destroyed other weak companies for not backing their claims up with demonstrable performance. Most of these other companies HATED us. JHM however loved us because we were fitting right in with their own philosophy on how to sell performance parts. We were then labelled JHM fan boys because we supported. The only ly company doing it right.

The B8 section started where we left off in B67…imediately demanding gains and destroying any pretenders.

Unfortunately for not armed he is not only meeting resistance from vendors but from other users who are too comfy with the bullshit approach to selling in the 4.05 world . Hard to make that change on your own. I have been banned from 3 forums for trying to make that happen.

lol wow. Pretty amazing that they screw up on two intakes on two different platforms. I love it when forum users keeps vendors honest.

Which is also why I love my local shop.

So more high cost options.

https://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/product/sport%20sedan/14914?brandId=18&modelId=663&yearId=3411

If it comes with a CAN module and volume control with the valves, then maybe. But its still a huge chunk of change.

So far AWE is the winner in the exhaust world. Akrapovic came out with an exhaust (no pics), but its $7K and my rep tells me it doesnt have valves.

I am thinking I buy an AWE and welding in some valves.

Shouldn’t need valves if it’s a good exhaust. If it’s loud as duck and embarrassing enough that you need valves it may need a redesign.

Loud and retarded might fly on a fox body but anyone making exhausts for $80,000 audis that you then need to ‘fix’ is obviously a company that is doing it wrong.

Also what is the diameter of the awe? Last time I checked turbo cars like a big exhaust and a 4.0 that revs to 7000 does too. If it’s 2.5 (which all of their products seem to be) , it’s a big skip .

2.5 on awe

3" on milltek