A few new (to me) goodies

Lightweight wheels (brand new)
034 3" down pipes (lightly used)
Custom 3.5" single exhaust (lightly used, JHM fabbed)
034 weighted shift knob (used)
AWE pedal set (courtesy of maddog)

Hope to have everything installed and ready for cool November Sacramento runs. Don’t know why I waited so long to get a weighted shift knob? I really like it. Could be my new favorite mod. My 13 second car instantly transformed into 11’s…HA!

would have been some karma if you provided eye candy :slight_smile:

My avant took one for the team getting the exhaust home. Ouch!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/01/y4unuqyg.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/11/01/de2anezu.jpg

Nice Haps! You’ll love the exhaust!

How much does the weighted knob weigh? I’m curious if the weighted knobs create excess stress on internal parts: bearings or linkage n’ stuff? I have the JHM weighted knob, it’s heavy as shit and I love it but I feel things get loose/sloppy in a short amount of time.

that’s a bummer. I don’t imagine rear windows are cheap to replace.

edit: that’s the front. Not bad.

That should really wake the car up. Turbo cars love big exhaust systems and all cars love lw wheels…whats your full mod list

Jupiter - Hmm, I never really thought that far ahead I guess? I hope it doesn’t mess too much with the JHM trio and cross linkage (recently replaced by JHM) during turbo swap. I didn’t weigh it, but I believe it is pretty comparable to jhm’s delrin knob at ~230 grams (stock being 80)

Saki - Ya, happy it was the front. We know a shop owner too. I think it was all of $80 to replace my mk4 Jetta windshield a few years back. It won’t be too bad.

Chris - I’m hoping so…
Stock engine w/
RS6r (jhm fueled/tuned)
AWE smics (could be a weak link? might look into ER’s)
ARD bipipes
034 3"dps mated to 3.5" single exhaust (race cats) to be installed
JHM SS trio w/cross linkage
034 “solid” motor mounts / track density trans mounts / apikol rear diff mount
VAST Stage 3 clutch with B5 RS4 pp (potential weak link)
H&R premium coils
Hotchkis sways
Advan RS wheels

That pretty much covers it I guess for go fast(er) parts

you and jup are like the only B5 guys who seem to actaully get it… There is faw… but he is a A4 guy…

you got the ball park all figgured out. Your weak links are most likely what your talking about… the AWE that should still be good…the exhaust should wake it up… I would talk to JHM and go with them to the track… You have the best combo there is now and you just got the exhaust to help

Eh, we’ll see. What I like about the car is I have zero doubt that when I get in it in the morning its going to fire up and get me to where I need to go and back. And in a fun to drive manner.

we’ll do that november at sac really soon. i’m starting to itch ;D i keep checking the weather down there to make sure it at least gets down in the 60’s

Is test n tune still Friday nights or when does it switch to Saturday afternoon?

And I guess I need to get on installing that exhaust!

test and tune on saturdays started in october.

Ah, OK

Saturdays actually works better for me time wise, but not as cool (temps) as evenings obviously.

I know you hate working on cars all day, but want to help me install my dps and exhaust 8)

sure if you bring the car down here on a weekend :wink:

Ya? Seriously, you’d be down to help? And by help, you do realize I mean 99% of the work, right? Haha!

I have the tools I can hand you and supervice ;D

Supervise

Word. Let’s do this! And I think you got it backwards :wink:

Exhaust and dp’s are installed…

Jupiter - you are correct, I friggin love this setup

Chris - you are correct, it seems to have woken the car up a bit. Can’t wait to run it!

Sounds like he’s going to tell you what to do and you’re going to do the labour. Will be a good learning experience.