Audi S6 5.2 parking brake error plus esp malfunction

From one day to the next, im getting this parking brake malfunction in the dash along with esp malfunction. Tried reseating the Solenoids near the wiper motor, disconnected the battery overnight no results. Engine spinning but won’t start. Help. Any ideas?

Sorry, the engine won’t start as well as the lights you mentioned?

That’s right, new battery, voltage checking and is good. My pro scanner is giving me a lot of no communication codes, don’t have a vag.

Checked the fuses and relays? I had that problem before I believe it was the relay burned out it was long ago.

I got no codes and I checked everything and it turned out to be the one of the relays or fuses.

1 Like

One other thing to mention the actual crank sensor on my car was broken in half but I didn’t get a code for it. I just happened to check it.

But I’d check the relays and fuses first.

Forgot to mention my car had a flood history when I got it from auction.

It took me months of trying everything and I got 0 codes until I checked the relays and saw corrosion and how they got super hot after car being on after so I changed them all.

Hopefully it’s something simple like a relay for you

1 Like

Hopefully, thanx for sharing.

Hey I just remembered something so the relay for that would work for that out of random on some days it’ll work for an hour before it pops up or a couple mins it was all random. I was never able to pin point it until I changed the relay and that stopped happening. But literally I remember that car stalled on me so many times on the road and wouldn’t even start and I’d have to push it or I’d get lucky and it’ll start up

1 Like

I had some strange error codes such as the parking brake etc…maybe check the resistance readings on the throttle bodies Cables?

Hmmmm…maybe?

1 Like

Thanx, I’ll try anything at this point.

Well I think I found the problem, abs module was shorting out against the pump. My scanner pointed me to the brake control module (no communication), so I went to check on the connection and as soon as I moved it the wire loom started smoking. Im charging the battery up to give it a try tomorrow. But I’m assuming the brake control module might be fried. Thanks to all of you guys for the help.

1 Like

Just for information, the brake control module wire loom is routed under the driver’s side air filter box. When i changed the air filter I must of put pressure on the loom and caused it to rub against the pump. Uff what a relief. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Great find on that. Seems the wires are prone to crack. The same thing happens on the B6 S4. A little electrical tape and you’re off to the races. Thanks for the update this will be helpful for others.

1 Like

That seems to be the root of the problem but from what I’ve read bad abs control module wouldn’t cause a no start problem. Can anyone correct me on that? Taped up the wires and reconnected the abs module and I still have a crank no start. HELP

Well Justin I decided to check the misery box under the 2 ecus, lo and behold totally rusted out relay and 40 or 50 amp fuse. The big red fuse had one side totally rusted off. Any idea of the function of the relay and the fuse? Haven’t repaired the fuse and relay yet to give it a try but curious to know if it’s the problem. HELP!

Well, problem solved. Apparently that relay powers the ecu. Replaced the big fuseand discarded the old fuse holder. Cleaned the relay holder and replaced the relay. Started right up. I still have to replace the brake control module, the short apparently fried it. Does anyone know if I replace it does have to be coded?

Definitely was a relay, not in plain sight and no info on line about its location. But I found it. Thanks for your help.

Your welcome! Ah relay hell took me months to realize that. I’m glad you figured it out. Sorry I didn’t give more infos on the relays but yeah they power the ecu. That’s why my car would start sometimes or stall back then randomly.

1 Like

I think it’ll have to be recoded if you replace it

1 Like

Thank you, can it be done with vag or do I have to take it to the dealer?