B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

I won’t respond to the other crap you put in here, you asked to take this offline so I offered you to email me. You didn’t.

Sticking to the topic of the last posts above, nothing is wrong with me wanting Arin to run the 1/4 mile list on AZ. Nothing.

It is a list that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone that doesn’t participate in that list. Nothing! If I hear Prime, Richi, Bear, Tsivas, TinS5, KB, say they don’t want Arin running the list then their vote makes sense.

Explain your position on this one? How am I wrong? I don’t agree with how you set your standards on a list on a forum you don’t participate in. Why should Arin step down? I just don’t think your voice belongs in this one. If I’m wrong, please explain why. And don’t tell me because of kevkev.

I’ll respond privately as to everything else you wrote below, ok?

J

Hi everyone! Who’s this sheriff guy? I heard he used a iPhone app that is not IHRA/NHRA certified to get his 1/4 mile times. :slight_smile:

Jspazz, people have already said why you guys should take over the list from a marketing rep at one of the tuning companies.

1. Bias - Numerous complaints about non APR times not getting posted with the alacrity the Apr times go up

2. Bias - an obvious scam with a purported APR tune was embraced by the list admin, posted at the top and broadcast across multiple marketing platforms (Web, blog, Facebook) without a shred of skepticism…even though one quick look at the time let me know it wasn’t legit and wasn’t even a B8 S4.

3. Bias - an APR tuned members time at a non certified dragstrip that met none of the newly added scam prevention guidelines was again added immediately to the top of the list…and has already been broadcast across multiple marketing platforms.

Pretty simple.

If you guys don’t care that’s cool. Doesn’t mean people on other forums won’t think its something you guys should change. If you haven’t noticed this is an open forum.

Hey Rynurz welcome to the site

Hopefully you understand why we haven’t added your time to our database (which you may not even know exists?). Nothing personal and as i have said I believe you were fair and honest, despite plenty of skepticism from B8 owners posting in this very thread. We just have a rule about tracks now that bogus dragstrips are springing up across the world. Pour list encompasses multiple Audi platforms

If you take your car to an nhra/ihra track and run 11.67 it will get added (as we did when we added your 12.2 and 12.4 promptly)

As someone who doesn’t own a B8 S4, but has followed almost all Audi models for years to watch performance progress (and therefore I feel myself pretty unbiased) I’d say this sums it up:

The pass might be legit. At the end of the day, I’d rather have a list to look at which maintains the highest standards and leaves little to no doubt in my mind. When I see the top time on the AZ list, all I think of is “what if that pass was on a REVO car, would Arin add it?.” He might, but I think we’d all have our doubts.

For what it’s worth, I’d suggest you add Ryan’s time too. You can apply blind justice and just say no, but I think most of the players involved in setting times have spoken and everybody else, including yourself, doesn’t doubt the times. I’ve only wondered aloud how the little modifications he’s done that has resulted in an awesome time.

Given the amount of discussion here, is there anyone that doubts the time and track is legit? I’m talking strictly about the timing devices used (updated 2010), the car involved and the person involved. He’s here to vouch for himself even.

Either that or we can simply go with blind justice. I’d love to hear from the B8 S4 guys.

You’re missing the point. I don’t recall anyone doubting the time itself, in so far as thinking anything is falsified. But “blind justice?” Where did you come up with that? In fact its the opposite of blind. Stated very clearly:

Basically, you’re saying the rules here should be changed to allow non-certified dragstrip strip results? I find that odd.

I doubt the track, certainly. It’s not certified so who knows what standard is being applied. It will not be added here as a result unless God, the site owner, wants it to be.

Blind justice works well. Why should I not add the MRC time from Europe yet you want me to add this one? Why aren’t you campaigning for that time to be added? Don’t like MRC?

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=991.0

Why call it blind justice? The rules for this list are in post #1 of the 1/4 mile thread. Who knows what method they’re using to calculate trap speeds, for example, as No Limit?

Only in the Audi world does this conversation take place. Elsewhere, not so much.

This isn’t a B8 1/4 mile list it’s the AR database with multiple platforms and models. If we let one slide by that doesn’t follow the standards set by Saki and the database contributors, well we should just open the flood gates.

I also don’t doubt his time, but I am completely against adding it to our database most importantly because it doesn’t meet the guidelines. Those were put in place to make it very hard to cheat the “system” and without standards being set and most importantly upheld to a T the integrity of the database will diminish.

Like Ryan said, he doesn’t care about a stupid forum list, he knows he ran that time. But truly, like any enthusiast…especially someone who has the “fastest” B8, if Ryan wants to be on the AR list he will go to a certified track and do his thing just like he did at No Limit.

Like I previously said, I think the AR 1/4mile list is one of the most legit databases across all car forums. Too many other communities and list administrators allow themselves to be manipulated and eventually their info turns in to garbage that may or may not be factual data.

blind justice, in my legal dictionary, means that the law will be applied and evidence will be weighed froma neutral standpoint.

Jspazz wants us to dispense with this, and apply APR fanboyism justice.

p.s. how long till I am called a B8 hater for not adding the non-certified B8 S4 time (even though I’ve ignored half a dozen B7 RS4 times that are just as fast for the EXACT same reason). Anyone want to take bets?

I totally understand your point on wanting the tracks to be certified. The problem I have is this track was certified IHRA till April 2012. Not sure what happened, but I’m sure it has to do with money. I’m gonna try to find out what happened.

Anyone wondering why I went there, instead of my usual rt 66, is 66 is closed for the season, and getting to 41 is a better ride to get to. Country roads and less traffic and lights.

As far as video, the sad part is I had my go pro sitting right next to me on the passenger seat. I know, I’m a idiot! I’m used to having a half a hour or so before I get to race. When I got to 41, I went throught tech and was staged to go down the track in under 5 minutes I would guess.

So lets just say I learned my lesson! I’m gonna try to get to Byron(a certified track) within the next couple of weeks. Trust me when I say I’ll have plenty of different camera angles to show you guys.

Too bad primetime and I didn’t live closer! We could settle this the old fashion way. :slight_smile:

Good stuff ryn. Thanks for posting.

Did I read that you have 4x LW rotors? Are they the JHM ones or does ECS make LW rotors for you guys? A friend with a B8 S4 asked me about new brakes for his 2010, but I wasn’t sure what options there were.

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html

Stasis up front and lhm in rear

And obviously I don’t doubt his time. Great stuff Ryan, go back it up.

What I’m saying is if nobody doubts the time, and it’s obviously a permanent dragstrip (which was until recently certified), this is what everybody considers the fastest B8 S4 to be. I think the trial has already happened on this thread and everybody agrees that the time is good.

You and “God” can do what you want with this list, but it’s pretty clear there is room here, considering there is common consent. Anyhow, I’m happy it’s on AZ’s list, and your mutiny of Arin was unsuccessful. I stated my reasons carefully.

Cheers,
J

Wait to quote me out of context…are you a politician? To ahead and read me the words right after your clever excerpt.

Your missing the point man, the consensus you of are 3 B8 guys, but like I said this is the AR 1/4 mile data base, not the B8 list from AZ.

Well done. The blinders are working well this morning for you JSPAZZ. If you only post snippits and half-opinions that agree with yours, you’ll always tell yourself you’re right. Only problem is…you’re going to look really wrong if someone who isn’t wearing blinders has a look.

Here’s 81bear’s most recent post in this thread, where I mentioned that since it’s not a certified dragstrip it won’t go on our list, since if there is no certification you end up with all kinds of times ‘qualifying’.

[quote=81bear]This is a good point. Wasn’t there a GIAC or REVO tuned car running 11.xx with just a tune and 100 oct at an air-strip in Europe, or am I imaging that?
[/quote]
Not to mention a bunch of people here have been vocal about the list needing to stick to the rules, including euroswagr who you half-quoted

[quote=euroswagr]I also don’t doubt his time, but I am completely against adding it to our database most importantly because it doesn’t meet the guidelines
[/quote]

Further, your APR is showing. You still haven’t addressed the 11.87 MRC time from Europe at GTI INTERNATIONAL dragstrip event. Why haven’t you been lobbying for that time to be added?

You’re not coming off very well here jspazz.

Hey, at least I’m leaving personal remarks out of it…isn’t that what you requested?

Anyway, I can agree to disagree with you on which the fastest B8 S4 is, I have no problems with that.

J

ryn, that list is a few years out of date.

lol

I don’t disagree that this might be the fastest B8 S4. To really know we will have to race 81bear vs. primetime vs. rynurz. We already know imolamonster is slower than PT.

IHRA/NHRA certification means a bunch of shit happens. One being you pay money of course…but there are also standards to uphold and your equipment is checked out/calibrated. While as I said above, I’m sure he really ran these times and I see no reason to believe there’s something tricky going on (unlike the B8 S4 owners who were pouring over his stats and saying they didn’t add up 2 pages ago), I just think we’ll stick to our guns with this list. You don’t need to care about our list anyway. You can always sift through the AZ B8 S4 only list you like so much.

I am just waiting for you to address the MRC times from GTI INTL in Europe. Why aren’t you lobbying ARin (and me) to add those up? There’s video and witnesses and everything. They smoked a REVO car in the process.