B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

blind justice, in my legal dictionary, means that the law will be applied and evidence will be weighed froma neutral standpoint.

Jspazz wants us to dispense with this, and apply APR fanboyism justice.

p.s. how long till I am called a B8 hater for not adding the non-certified B8 S4 time (even though I’ve ignored half a dozen B7 RS4 times that are just as fast for the EXACT same reason). Anyone want to take bets?

I totally understand your point on wanting the tracks to be certified. The problem I have is this track was certified IHRA till April 2012. Not sure what happened, but I’m sure it has to do with money. I’m gonna try to find out what happened.

Anyone wondering why I went there, instead of my usual rt 66, is 66 is closed for the season, and getting to 41 is a better ride to get to. Country roads and less traffic and lights.

As far as video, the sad part is I had my go pro sitting right next to me on the passenger seat. I know, I’m a idiot! I’m used to having a half a hour or so before I get to race. When I got to 41, I went throught tech and was staged to go down the track in under 5 minutes I would guess.

So lets just say I learned my lesson! I’m gonna try to get to Byron(a certified track) within the next couple of weeks. Trust me when I say I’ll have plenty of different camera angles to show you guys.

Too bad primetime and I didn’t live closer! We could settle this the old fashion way. :slight_smile:

Good stuff ryn. Thanks for posting.

Did I read that you have 4x LW rotors? Are they the JHM ones or does ECS make LW rotors for you guys? A friend with a B8 S4 asked me about new brakes for his 2010, but I wasn’t sure what options there were.

http://www.staginglight.com/links/trackfinder.html

Stasis up front and lhm in rear

And obviously I don’t doubt his time. Great stuff Ryan, go back it up.

What I’m saying is if nobody doubts the time, and it’s obviously a permanent dragstrip (which was until recently certified), this is what everybody considers the fastest B8 S4 to be. I think the trial has already happened on this thread and everybody agrees that the time is good.

You and “God” can do what you want with this list, but it’s pretty clear there is room here, considering there is common consent. Anyhow, I’m happy it’s on AZ’s list, and your mutiny of Arin was unsuccessful. I stated my reasons carefully.

Cheers,
J

Wait to quote me out of context…are you a politician? To ahead and read me the words right after your clever excerpt.

Your missing the point man, the consensus you of are 3 B8 guys, but like I said this is the AR 1/4 mile data base, not the B8 list from AZ.

Well done. The blinders are working well this morning for you JSPAZZ. If you only post snippits and half-opinions that agree with yours, you’ll always tell yourself you’re right. Only problem is…you’re going to look really wrong if someone who isn’t wearing blinders has a look.

Here’s 81bear’s most recent post in this thread, where I mentioned that since it’s not a certified dragstrip it won’t go on our list, since if there is no certification you end up with all kinds of times ‘qualifying’.

[quote=81bear]This is a good point. Wasn’t there a GIAC or REVO tuned car running 11.xx with just a tune and 100 oct at an air-strip in Europe, or am I imaging that?
[/quote]
Not to mention a bunch of people here have been vocal about the list needing to stick to the rules, including euroswagr who you half-quoted

[quote=euroswagr]I also don’t doubt his time, but I am completely against adding it to our database most importantly because it doesn’t meet the guidelines
[/quote]

Further, your APR is showing. You still haven’t addressed the 11.87 MRC time from Europe at GTI INTERNATIONAL dragstrip event. Why haven’t you been lobbying for that time to be added?

You’re not coming off very well here jspazz.

Hey, at least I’m leaving personal remarks out of it…isn’t that what you requested?

Anyway, I can agree to disagree with you on which the fastest B8 S4 is, I have no problems with that.

J

ryn, that list is a few years out of date.

lol

I don’t disagree that this might be the fastest B8 S4. To really know we will have to race 81bear vs. primetime vs. rynurz. We already know imolamonster is slower than PT.

IHRA/NHRA certification means a bunch of shit happens. One being you pay money of course…but there are also standards to uphold and your equipment is checked out/calibrated. While as I said above, I’m sure he really ran these times and I see no reason to believe there’s something tricky going on (unlike the B8 S4 owners who were pouring over his stats and saying they didn’t add up 2 pages ago), I just think we’ll stick to our guns with this list. You don’t need to care about our list anyway. You can always sift through the AZ B8 S4 only list you like so much.

I am just waiting for you to address the MRC times from GTI INTL in Europe. Why aren’t you lobbying ARin (and me) to add those up? There’s video and witnesses and everything. They smoked a REVO car in the process.

It doesn’t matter what any of us think. The guy who ran the time understands the policy here, is going to try to make it to a certified track and isn’t afraid of racing primetime in the name of finding the king of the B8!

Ryan, welcome aboard and for being a good sport about all of this!

Bottom line, it’s on the AZ list, it won’t be on the AR list, and the guy who ran the time is fine with that!

I just saw at the top of the page it says updated 4/11/2012

saki - is this the one? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYFcSPQnCc

What’s interesting is TMP doesn’t show up as IHRA or NHRA as a track. TMP claims the NHRA logo on their site, but they don’t show up as NHRA.

Someone should verify this, if it’s such a concern to everybody.

Could be, but Cayuga has been an NHRA certified track for a few years, and they have it as IHRA only.

ummm…that link is to a fucking blog lol. So yeah, I don’t think we’ll use that as the official record.

Here you go

http://www.nhra.net/nhracomiframe/tracks/state.asp?TrackStateID=34&Div=1

I’m talking about the official lists on IHRA and NHRAs websites. Better check Saki, hopefully it is.

Here are the official sites… TMP is an official NHRA… Thompson is an official IHRA…

http://www.ihra.com/Tracks/

http://www.nhra.com/nhra101/membertracks.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

[quote=“Rynurz23,post:82,topic:3849”]
Yeah no doubt… that would be the best way to do it… I raced Imola and his gutted car at Thompson… If you ever want to make the trek I’ll put you up for the weekend… Hoping to go this Sat./Sun. if weather allows… Got an extra pail of Shell Advanced URT with your name on it ;D Wife and son are out of town, stocked liquer cabinet, and some other party favorites… lol

So the rears are lhm, do you mean jhm? Also, do you know what brand of race gas you used? Was it Sunoco GT260, MS109, Shell Advanced URT… just curious as if it’s something I haven’t tried I would like to… Like I mentioned I normally use Sunoco GT260 since I can get it at the pump but APR turned me onto the Shell and wanted me to do some logging with it so I ran it once and plan on running it the rest of the season…

Oh and welcome to the site!

Good stuff. I was worried since it didn’t show up as division 3, but it was in division 1