B8 S4 runs 11.67 and it's not me... Boom...

^^ Doing it right if possible. Take another forum member with you, who also runs.

thanks! trust me I ask all of them that are local… most just aren’t into it like me… I always at least try to drag my drunk brother so he can get the infamous wobbleyout of the car videos… lol but yeah at least 3 members have seen my car run multiple times…

Not sure why anyone cares about the AZ list…? Don’t you have your own list?

In all honestly Arin, you’re on the right track, and for the record, I think you’ve done a good job. I’d be more worried about someone applying some silly standard and classification to how the times are run. It’s just a fucking list. And there’s another one on here.

Nice. Saki, I think you already said you believe the times, so to quote you, “what am I missing here”. He has provided the tools for people to make up their own mind as to whether the times are legit. Your list is administered to your own standards.

It was Arin’s thread originally, and Arin got awarded the sticky, so that’s it.

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the data on the forums.

To clarify I am not suspicious of the time…mostly because I don’t care.

(Although you ironically made it clear that you think the time does not add up)

Jspazz, your coming off as one of those ass patters that doesn’t care about accountability. This thread is getting stupid, but Arin’s list has no integrity (and now it’s obvious), it will just turn into a shit list with a bunch of garbage and bogus times to sift through, since every thing is optional. Basically timeslips mays well be optional.

I think the B8 guys should just thank Saki for previous incidents and leave it at that. Be honest, who else would have outed him? The AR 1/4 mile list is probably one of the most legit databases across all car forums, and I think it’s great.

You probably go enough to Thompson that some of the other regular punters as well as staff recognise and know your car. Not many Audi sedans with full interior running 11’s out there. Careful you don’t run 11.49 or faster, I think you’ll need a roll bar! See last page of this: http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/General_Regulations.pdf

As for the original post, why oh why didn’t he just go back to Route 66?!!?

Euro, I don’t really care what you think of me. You guys can take it to the extreme and cry the world is coming to an end, but Arin’s applied a basic standard to his discretion, a permanent dragstrip with reasonably updated timing, and left it up to the user to decide after that. That’s fair, and you’re free to apply whatever classification you like to it. A bunch of non-contributors, especially those who don’t even post times on the B8 S4 list, frankly should mean nothing to Arin as to how he runs the list. It doesn’t seem any of the B8 S4 guys who contribute on AZ are crying foul or calling him a sarcastic bitch.

I recall how badly someone here was claiming Ron’s track is also a cheater track, so I guess you can consider both the top times as fakes. 3 tenths of a cheat, is what was claimed Thompson was worth to Ron. I never heard anything about that particular user reconsidering his opinion on that.

You guys aren’t very convincing, just seemingly taking it to the extremes. Never did I say that his time shouldn’t be included. I was the one who asked Ryan to post all the other slips on AZ, and he did right away.

That’s probably the best way to look at this. I think there are two differing views to this and those two sides are not going to agree any time soon!

Jspazz taking everything to a malicious level. Wow.

I think that’s a bit ridiculous. Why don’t you trash talk me on PM rather than going all commando and slagging off everyone here.

For the record I never said primetime was cheating in any way. I said the pbox data says his track is very downhill, and I said that to primetime when he was asking why nobody from GIAC or revo was as fast as him. His track being 17 feet downhill sloped, according to pbox, is pretty weird. He said it is just to offset the altitude, and the track is certified so his times are on the AR list in case you haven’t noticed.

Isn’t that your style? I haven’t been malicious to anybody, called anybody names, but I’ve had to do a lot of defending of people from your witch hunts. Sometimes you should just admit you’re wrong, especially the last part I wrote. You can’t go off on people then forget it ever happened later.

You have my number, email, heck you know where I live. Email is fine.

When did I go off again? And who are you defending from a witch hunt?

This is getting comical. Facts equal witch hunts now.

Ever get in a discussion about your favorite sorts team with someone? Just because you don’t agree you don’t need to lash out. I don’t remember saying anything to you other than asking why you weren’t sticking to the facts in the race gas thread (the many analysts and engineers I have dealt with are factual almost to a fault…I don’t hear them calling people names and dancing around facts). You claimed i was insulting you? By being asking you to address this simply as an engineer would? And asking you to focus on the topic?

You however have said I was:
Knocking 81bear
Called me cheap for mentioning the cost of race gas over time (even though I was addressing you incorrectly quoting that as a nominal cost…funny how you bring up the cost, and its merits based on cost, then I am ‘cheap’)
Said I am attacking people unjustly on a witch hunt
Said my car is slow (that’s the most ridiculous one)

All in the last few hours.

Very weird. All because I asked for an explanation of a claim you recently made…and you reacted to that request as if I made a wild fucking west callout for a duel. I just asked for an explanation or some data to back up what you said. This isn’t Az where everyone is a stranger. If i ask a question of a regular user here i genuinely want an answer and expect it will be handled civilly, factually and without an emotional reaction. This is AR. I come here to learn, and when I see something that doesn’t sound right, I will ask about it. Topics will usually be dealt with cleanly and quickly here thanks to the knowledgeable group.

Anyway I don’t really care. I couldn’t care less you might say. I just think it is kind of silly. I’m over it. I would encourage you to do the same. If you want to discuss the merits and facts that’s great…but leave the personal shit out of it.

I won’t respond to the other crap you put in here, you asked to take this offline so I offered you to email me. You didn’t.

Sticking to the topic of the last posts above, nothing is wrong with me wanting Arin to run the 1/4 mile list on AZ. Nothing.

It is a list that has absolutely nothing to do with anyone that doesn’t participate in that list. Nothing! If I hear Prime, Richi, Bear, Tsivas, TinS5, KB, say they don’t want Arin running the list then their vote makes sense.

Explain your position on this one? How am I wrong? I don’t agree with how you set your standards on a list on a forum you don’t participate in. Why should Arin step down? I just don’t think your voice belongs in this one. If I’m wrong, please explain why. And don’t tell me because of kevkev.

I’ll respond privately as to everything else you wrote below, ok?

J

Hi everyone! Who’s this sheriff guy? I heard he used a iPhone app that is not IHRA/NHRA certified to get his 1/4 mile times. :slight_smile:

Jspazz, people have already said why you guys should take over the list from a marketing rep at one of the tuning companies.

1. Bias - Numerous complaints about non APR times not getting posted with the alacrity the Apr times go up

2. Bias - an obvious scam with a purported APR tune was embraced by the list admin, posted at the top and broadcast across multiple marketing platforms (Web, blog, Facebook) without a shred of skepticism…even though one quick look at the time let me know it wasn’t legit and wasn’t even a B8 S4.

3. Bias - an APR tuned members time at a non certified dragstrip that met none of the newly added scam prevention guidelines was again added immediately to the top of the list…and has already been broadcast across multiple marketing platforms.

Pretty simple.

If you guys don’t care that’s cool. Doesn’t mean people on other forums won’t think its something you guys should change. If you haven’t noticed this is an open forum.

Hey Rynurz welcome to the site

Hopefully you understand why we haven’t added your time to our database (which you may not even know exists?). Nothing personal and as i have said I believe you were fair and honest, despite plenty of skepticism from B8 owners posting in this very thread. We just have a rule about tracks now that bogus dragstrips are springing up across the world. Pour list encompasses multiple Audi platforms

If you take your car to an nhra/ihra track and run 11.67 it will get added (as we did when we added your 12.2 and 12.4 promptly)

As someone who doesn’t own a B8 S4, but has followed almost all Audi models for years to watch performance progress (and therefore I feel myself pretty unbiased) I’d say this sums it up:

The pass might be legit. At the end of the day, I’d rather have a list to look at which maintains the highest standards and leaves little to no doubt in my mind. When I see the top time on the AZ list, all I think of is “what if that pass was on a REVO car, would Arin add it?.” He might, but I think we’d all have our doubts.

For what it’s worth, I’d suggest you add Ryan’s time too. You can apply blind justice and just say no, but I think most of the players involved in setting times have spoken and everybody else, including yourself, doesn’t doubt the times. I’ve only wondered aloud how the little modifications he’s done that has resulted in an awesome time.

Given the amount of discussion here, is there anyone that doubts the time and track is legit? I’m talking strictly about the timing devices used (updated 2010), the car involved and the person involved. He’s here to vouch for himself even.

Either that or we can simply go with blind justice. I’d love to hear from the B8 S4 guys.

You’re missing the point. I don’t recall anyone doubting the time itself, in so far as thinking anything is falsified. But “blind justice?” Where did you come up with that? In fact its the opposite of blind. Stated very clearly:

Basically, you’re saying the rules here should be changed to allow non-certified dragstrip strip results? I find that odd.

I doubt the track, certainly. It’s not certified so who knows what standard is being applied. It will not be added here as a result unless God, the site owner, wants it to be.

Blind justice works well. Why should I not add the MRC time from Europe yet you want me to add this one? Why aren’t you campaigning for that time to be added? Don’t like MRC?

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=991.0

Why call it blind justice? The rules for this list are in post #1 of the 1/4 mile thread. Who knows what method they’re using to calculate trap speeds, for example, as No Limit?

Only in the Audi world does this conversation take place. Elsewhere, not so much.

This isn’t a B8 1/4 mile list it’s the AR database with multiple platforms and models. If we let one slide by that doesn’t follow the standards set by Saki and the database contributors, well we should just open the flood gates.

I also don’t doubt his time, but I am completely against adding it to our database most importantly because it doesn’t meet the guidelines. Those were put in place to make it very hard to cheat the “system” and without standards being set and most importantly upheld to a T the integrity of the database will diminish.

Like Ryan said, he doesn’t care about a stupid forum list, he knows he ran that time. But truly, like any enthusiast…especially someone who has the “fastest” B8, if Ryan wants to be on the AR list he will go to a certified track and do his thing just like he did at No Limit.

Like I previously said, I think the AR 1/4mile list is one of the most legit databases across all car forums. Too many other communities and list administrators allow themselves to be manipulated and eventually their info turns in to garbage that may or may not be factual data.