Does JHM Still Technically Hold the B5 S4 Record 1/4 Mile Time?

think the reality is that none of the truly fast b5s4s really care about a test that was invented by rwd guys who suck at driving. This they don’t bother with it.

Fastest audi b5 s4 list… Check bit out. None of the top guys give a fuck about 60-130. Why? Because it is a crutch to turn performance proof into something like a dyno…a test that hides the fact that the car just isn’t that fast where it matters (under 100 mph) because the tune is lacking … Only fast when in a single gear, when tripling the speed limit.

So it’s like winning a tallest midget contest.

Make no mistake though… Your car is epic fast and makes loads of power. Just not fast where people really use cars. (well… Was fast)

I feel cooler, tool. Lol.

I made a funny like you… Don’t take it personal. I have nothing against you, just your leader.

While my 1/4 times were not anything to write home about, on 92 pump gas and meth I knocked off back to back 128/129MPH TRAPS, most people I see doing that are on RACE GAS, hell even JHM C16 blow up tune.

I am sure if my car didn’t crap a block I would have made it to the strip like I mentioned I was going to do, we did indeed FIX my tranny and shifting issues I was having before. It was basically ready to hit the 1/4.

After a DYNO session I did a pull, my oil light came on, and an investigation led to a cracked block, boom that was my season.

The question is, go back to TiALS or try something new. With TiALS I had a legitimate shot at besting my 60-130 times and doing some crazy 1/4 times, not sure the RS6’s would give me that kind of power overall.

See, 128-129 traps (now we hear that you had multiple passes at that trap?) does not say 650 whp. Or 600 whp. Maybe 500-525 whp.

That’s what’s troubling about this car/build/company. When asked to answer the call and perform the De facto standard acceleration test, it flopped.

In fact all of the Epl tuned cars there that night flopped.

In fact all of the Epl tuned cars we’ve ever seen have either flopped, or just not been anywhere near impressive.

You can say that the quarter mile is too hard or doesn’t work… But you and team Epl are the only people on earth who say that. The Audi tuners, evo tuners, subie tuners, amg tuners, m tuners, domestic tuners… You name them… They all say the quarter mile is the standard test…and they all scoff at anyone who brags about dyno, but flops at the quarter mile, then slags the strip off as a bad test. You get laughed out of those forums. On audi forums for running twelves in a supposed 600+ whp car, you get your back rubbed. Well not this one.

8 and 9 second gtrs use the quarter mile. 8-9 second corvettes use the quartile. 8-9 second twin turbo gallardos use the quarter mile. They make twice the power you make. They have no trouble. 500-600-700 whp amg cars use the quarter mile. Everyone does… Just not team Epl.

During the track session the car was probably around 575whp. problem is; my car stopped pulling at 6Kish and by 7kish it was well under 500WHP. Tuning was a main issue, along with shifting. It also was the first time at the track. Still pump gas and 128MPH Trap is not that bad. I just couldn’t get the thing to shift at the top of RPMS.

I am confident, given the tuning advances at AMD I could crush it at the 1/4. No matter how you try and break down my experience, you just don’t have all the data points to make a concrete conclusion.

It’s alright, because when I just step on it, I do 5.7 60-130… Just don’t make me shift… please…

Oh and BTW, I am not using EPL tuning this time around.

Haven’t I been saying for 12 months to you guys that Epl tuning is letting these cars down where it counts?

I don’t understand why you now tell me this information, which solidifies what I’ve said all along about these under performing tial amd Epl tuned cars.

Instead you guys all called me a tial hater (even though I’ve said multiple times the turbos seem to work well, getting into boost and making big power at reasonable rpms… But the tuning is a drawback that wrecks it)

http://audirevolution.net/forum/index.php?topic=485.0

Take a trip back to last February with me…

I could have short shifted, but didn’t.

Problem was; 3L Tuning and the setup just had its difficulties in the early days, the reality is, with the proper tuning my car could have been doing better 60-130 and much better 1/4 times. So much was wrong with the setup already and it was terrible for 1/4, not AMD fault though, I just didn’t spend the money on stuff that the car really needed.

get the big port uppers have jason do a e86 tune and get into the 4 60-130 and ill be impressed or trap in the 140s! 3L 770s should be the killer combo

Wow, my old s4 made the list ;D

Dude your old s4 is faster than most if these supposed 500-600-700 whp o superstars.

Thanks. Now I’m gonna try to make this avant make it on the list :wink:

that K04 S4 is one of the reasons I’d go for a solid K04 build if I had a 2.7tt.

Yeah, that is awesome. Haven’t seen that one before.

Wow! I remember those days. That was me J.o on there and my silver s4 with the black ultralegerras at the track…I miss those days ;D

500whp AMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15eAJNtc0cE

60-130 is universally recognized just as 1/4 is. My 5.7s is NOTHING. Compared to other cars that actually do 8-9sec 1/4 mile times.

For instance, GTR that you say apparently do 8-9sec 1/4 do something around 3.xx seconds 60-130.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr1cUJrPDHA

All you guys SCARED to even log your cars 60-130 make me laugh, you can do this at a track, on a private road, etc. Hell it should take you 12seconds and under, or in the case of B6 fail 15sec and over lol…

I don’t care who thinks what, but google any car 60-130 and you will find someone doing it.

It is just another way of measuring how fast a car is in a certain range, and in the case of GTR’s they shift amazingly fast.

You fail to even consider that 1/4 mile requires someone to SHIFT FAST to keep their momentum up. Any AUTOMATIC car has a distinct advantage in the 1/4 if setup right.

So what I see is people who get into the 11’s but cant do 11second 60-130 make me laugh just as much as a supposed 600whp monster car that cant do better then 12.2sec @ 128 on pump gas, because literally the driver sucked at hitting his shifts. This whole argument makes me laugh.

Answer me this, if I take a manual transmission car, that has 800whp and only make 3 out of 5 shifts how fast am I going at the 1/4? Oh, but if you see that this car did shit 1/4 mile times you would either blame it on his faked power numbers or the fact that his tuning sucked.

Answer me this genius, If you race another car with your 60-130 beast at the track(or street) and the other car beats you to the 1/4 doing 127mph, do you think your car will reach 130 before the car that beat you to the 1/4 mile mark?

It’s funny but you will find that tons of people on here have tested their cars at 60-130

Nobody is scared.

The things you just don’t seem to recognize is that if your build only let’s you be fast in one gear at high speeds its poorly done. Simple as that.

As for losing momentum with shift times if you knew anything about the quarter mile you would also know that on the 1-2 and 2-3 you actually are gaining momentum while shifting… On the 3-4 you are steady… And on the 4-5 you lose momentum.

Further bad shifting does not cost you 15 tenths off et and 12-15 mph. It will cost you a few mph at most. Bad tuning on the other hand can cost you everything.

It has already been said by me and others here that your car is no doubt super fast while in gear at high speeds with heavy octane. Unfortunately for you, to the people on this site that’s not really a benchmark anyone strives for.

It’s great how you mentioned the super fast 60-130 cars on 6speed…because if you go in there and tell them that your car went a best of mid 12’s at 128, they will Scratch their heads and say that something is wrong with this picture. I did that last year and sure enough they did. Everyone can see there’s a problem with your car but you. As I also said before if your goal was to build a car that was a disaster at low speeds, relied on high octane tuning and single gear pulls at a very particular speed…mission accomplished. Well, mission accomplished for a couple of months until it blew up.

This guy is an idiot…just another B5 world fail.

[quote]So what I see is people who get into the 11’s but cant do 11second 60-130 make me laugh just as much as a supposed
[/quote]
Pretty retarded statement.

Ill race you from a dig for 5k dollars ill even drive out there to see jason and the gang!