Engine drop question

That explains a lot how about the transmission to the car

Almost forgot to ask what’s the nm to transmission pan im going to change the fluid I don’t see why else the transmission is overheating still

Transmission Oil Pan:

• Follow the tightening specifications and sequence, refer to Oil Pan

• Versions with 24 Bolts

• 11 Nm

• Versions with 13 Bolts

• Replace all of the bolts.

• 2.5 Nm + 90 degree

For the Trans to Engine:

Ed

1 Like

Engine is almost out I’m just dealing with the stupid driveshaft

Okay guys started engine multiple times within a couple hours apart and no o2 sensors codes at all

Couldn’t torque to 115 I did 108 since that’s the max I had

The best way to makes sure you’re in the woods on this. Is to pull them up and watch them live in your scan tool.

At this point The car is back together I’m not pulling it apart for a while if there’s a problem

I will scan it when I go over to put the transmission fluid in but I started it over and over and over and it seems fine to me

I just realized that’s the manual shifting on the gear shifter doesn’t work do I need to go into those gears when I’m putting the fluid in

I put it in I was left with 2 and half quarts

From my research and in the doc I put together:

“9. Start the car, shift from park to reverse, from reverse to drive, pausing 3-5 seconds in each gear allowing the fluid to pump through the transmission. Put the transmission back into park. Go back under the car and pump more fluid in. Use your scan tool to monitor the transmission temperature. DO NOT ALLOW IT TO GO OVER 500c. If it does, replace the fill plug (if you don’t when you shut off the engine fluid will flow out of the fill hole), shut down, wait for it to cool and then continue. The transmission is full when the temperature is between 300c and 500c and fluid is dripping out of the fill hole. I had to do the shutdown - fill cycle a couple of times to assure myself the transmission was full.”

So I think you should be cycling the gear box to make sure it gets in all the places it needs to. I think I put in 5 bottles from the kit, but I do not remember. There should be posts about the quantity of oil to expect.

I just followed the writeups (I think some it was from ZF themselves) and watched for it to drip in the manner they described.

Ed

Yeah I followed that it got full at 40c and stopped taking more

If it is of any relation, I just did mine “cold” but level’d, and it took 5 quarts. Plan to top it off at temperature.

Yeah I put in 5 quarts when it was cold and topped it off exactly like you said

The old fluid was burnt

Burnt huh? Damn

I wouldnt worry “too much” about getting it perfect with the level, but if you followed the standard procedure of putting it in gear as mentioned above you’ll be good to go. I have done 3 other fills on a 5HP25 and on my old D3 which has the same trans as the C6 and I just topped it off at temp and never ever had issues.

It seems like the transmission still tried to overheat it went up to 120 before I cut it off

All I can think of is the cooling system for the trans not functioning properly