Epic Tuning Group and Frankenturbo?

I want some koolaid

Haha, that B8 beta tester just doesn’t get it…the other day I was attempting to clear-up his dyno BS. Overlaying a practically stock APR car on their dyno vs his heavily modded FT car using an inertia dyno was low. I’m curious to see if he can get close to my 1/4 time with his “more powerful” turbo. Since he apparently makes more HP/TRQ than my K04, has the weight advantage of a sedan/manual vs Avant/auto, it should be a walk. We will see. I suspect they will be bitching about the tune issues for months.

Of course they will bitch about it! It’s a b5 s4 company. That’s what b5 s4 guys do, they buy cheap products that aren’t proven and then make 100 excuses as to why they are making a million horsepower on a dyno and yet can’t even run a decent track time.

Just realized you are auto, that’s impressive!

Shhhh, the secret is the air ride. :slight_smile:

Thats not air, thats NAWS

avant = 100-150 lbs right? That’s similar to 10wph or 1 tenth of a second on these cars at this level
auto vs manual = probably 2-3% drivetrain loss…so another 10whp or so, and 1 mph.

Overall he should be 12.65 @ 108 vs. you in similar DA at a NHRA certified track if he’s a decent driver (not a superstar…just competent). Guess we will have to see. Not holding my breath.

Looking at that thread, cory_can will be holding that record for quite some time!

…until I get my CV TIP magic :wink:

You and me were talking a bit in there when I chimed in about my b7 K04. You are right sir, I need to track test mine.

Are you and mec going at the same time?

Seth I’m
Gonna go next Wednesday!
$30 all the runs you can get in from 4:30-8:45pm
$5 rent a helmet
$5 rent a jacket. Apparently we def need helmets and jackets if you do under 13.5s

Dont forget the gopro

You guys may want to consider buying helmets - rentals can be kind of gross. You can pick them up on Amazon for ~ $50.

why would you need a jacket to run 13.5? Since when is 13.5 anything?

13.99 or better = helmet

jacket is fireproof jacket for VERY fast cars. AKA not you guys :slight_smile: (or just about anyone on this site for that matter)

@clochner that’s a good call, I’ll see if I can find one. Apparently it has to be snell 2005 or 2010

@Sakimano I was told anything below 14 you need a helmet, anything below 13.5 and with nos, aftermarket turbo or supercharger you need a fireproof jacket.

I am going to try. I actually work Wednesday’s so.

Wednesday night! No one works after 5 o clock on a wednesday

I can see why they would want a jacket with aftermarket parts like a turbo because of custom oil lines can go wrong etc… but I don’t understand why that would be at 13.5. If they are going to pull that card there are plenty of aftermarket turbos etc… on cars that are much slower than 13.5 than can cause a fireball.

What’s the distinction of “aftermarket” turbo?

a) Non OEM turbo installed in a OEM location?
b) The addition of a turbo on a naturally aspirated car where a turbo didn’t exist in the first place?
c) both?