epl b8s4 tune

Always interesting to see more results. How long has epl offered a tune for? Is this something that’s been out for a while?

^^ they’ve had one out for over a year now I believe, and saxon is one of a handful of people who has it (or at least on the forums). AMS is using its brand to sell the tune as well.

I thought I read that earlier. Is the AMS tune the same? Has it really been available for a year?

have you done any other acceleration testing? How confident are you in the tune going in?

Also whatever happened to ams… Haven’t heard anything anywhere about their b8 s4 program. Were they really just talking the epl tube and that’s it?

It puts down good power on a mustang, and ran good against a 400hp b5

I have one revision so far (love remote tuning) this was to get more boost as it was bleeding boost up top

Driveability is great and logs look good

I will post a non biased review once I have all the information

lol find a better benchmark

saxon - come on, man. you shld know by now what doesn’t pass the smell test on this forum. post your 1/4 mile times and then we’ll talk.

In saxon’s defence there are lots of 400whp b5 s4s out there who run 13s. They just haven’t figured out the dyno scam until they do. Then it’s “clutch isn’t right” or “tune needs revision” or “car didn’t adapt to new tune”

Loads of b5 guys say lots of shit. Few live up to the claims.

You say logs look good… So you sent them to primetime like he asked severeal times…

Remote tuning sucks… After over a year they still havent figgured out the boost yet… Yah great tune you should be super excited to be the test guy…

You won’t post a non biased review… we all get that by now… A non bias review would have been being real every part of the way. Your deeeeply vested into this and have been since the start. You were going to go to the track tons of times. Everyone else made it but you sinse this and NOW bam a new revision because you need more boost now.

saki said it… This is the b5 all over again…

Why don’t you stay out of this thread :slight_smile: your not helping anyone or the community and you make no sense

It’s clear you don’t know what your talking about and that you have your own initiative

Good point. Their website makes no mention of the B8 S4.

They still have the tune listed on the Alpha Performance site. Any B8 S4 stuff would be listed under that brand. Still not a whole lot…

http://tuning.alphaperformance.com/product/audi/2010-2012-audi-s4-3-0-tfsi/

really lame. what are they using for drivetrain loss assumptions?

I don’t understand these dyno marketers. It’s such a crock of shit. These are the same guys who posted a video about what a crock doing a before after dyno is ironically.

http://tuning.alphaperformance.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/AudiS4VsRatedVsStockVsTuned3.jpg

They have two different websites - the one I saw did not include the B8 S4.

http://www.amsperformance.com/contact/contact-us

It’s such a pretty dyno saki, it must be legit!

It’s pretty funny they show factory quoted, then what factory actual ran (which is significantly more than quoted), but when calculating net gain, they use quoted numbers instead of actual numbers. And even then they can’t get it right (432-333=99, not 92 they show in the pic).

The attention to detail is apparently a high priority for them.

I just wonder if the car doesn’t perform well if Tony will tell Saxon to just go to UM since he is so busy with other projects… Not like it hasn’t happened before :stuck_out_tongue:

Saxon, So you’re hitting Maple Grove Friday? Nice low elevation track should be some good times…

lol mean, but bang on

I’m surprised that AMS is even using dyno numbers to advertise the tune. Didn’t they run a decent 1/4 mile time at 12.4x? And didn’t Sak post an AMS video recently about how easy it is for tuning companies to manipulate dyno results?

Seems odd.

no what seems odd is that EPL apparently owns a B8 S4 (kudos to them for that)…but are learning how to tune on Saxon’s B8 S4.

Why does Saxon need a revision if they already wrote a tune for sale and that the guys over at AMD have apparently used to run 12.4?

None of it makes sense.

Does Saxon need a custom tune for his sweet bodykit?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3787/11377416566_e9b8994eb9_c.jpg

It is very strange.

saxon - why do you need revisions to the tune?