It just doesn't work: Tesla

It’s $5k for a fuse that can discharge energy more quickly. This is equivalent to upgrading your blower, except the manufacturer did the upgrade instead of a hack company like Mangrove equity or whatever APR is doing business as this week.

Regarding the environment it’s complicated. Even tough oil is $40 gas is still over $4 a gallon in California. We’re refinery constrained and they aren’t going to build another refinery. The refineries go on fire at least once a year and put hundreds of people in the hospital, and it makes a nasty smoke plume over the bay. Electric and higher MPG cars are the only way we can add more drivers and vehicle miles driven to grow our economy. It’s important for California to have the cleanest air because it affects every state east of us where the wind blows off of the Pacific, which is 46 states.

http://media2.fdncms.com/sfweekly/imager/click-on-the-image-for-a-larger-version/u/original/2661852/rsz_2refinery_fire_03.jpg

that fire is peanuts compared to mining for tesla battery materials. Go do some reading.

Not to mention where the electricity comes from to begin with

http://americanenergyalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/us-elec-gen.png

“yeah, those coal fired generating stations are super duper groovy dude…that smoke is pure goodness”
-Californians like west with no fucking clue what they’re talking about

here’s what a coal fired generating station looks like. All day. Every day. That stuff coming out? CO2 rich emissions.

http://theamericanenergynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Coal-Fired-Power-Plant.jpg

Electric car owners seem to think the electricity for their car comes out of thin air.

and is free…

This is amazing…

First, most of the power comes from natural gas. I’m not personally of the persuasion that CO2 is a pollutant but I know a lot of people are sensitive about it.

Second, power plants have a hard time “winding down” at night. A lot of the power they generate is wasted when customers aren’t drawing on it. Electric cars capture this “for free”. Not much incremental if any incremental fuel needs to be burned. California has lower energy rates at night to create a cheaper tier for this and incentivize evening use.

Third, you have no idea what Tesla is going to make their batteries out of. It’s a secret. You can make a battery out of anything including the french fries you ate for lunch in your Audi (lmao who eats in their car). Sulfur is a likely candidate. Don’t worry about the 50,000 cars they made. Worry about the battery contents for the next 1,000,000 cars which they have the capital and the credit to build.

http://i61.tinypic.com/15d1l48.png

I think that’s a fair assessment. They’re the kind of people that don’t understand the concepts of cost or consequence.

as evidenced above where he talks as if California is the only place on earth.

LOL then why do you have such a hard-on for the Tesla? I thought the reason most people rave about these electrics is that they are “green friendly” - i.e., they emit less CO2 into the air.

West, you are quite the scientist.

True story my coworkers and I were talking about going Go Kart racing. There’s two places by SFO: one is electric karts; one is gas karts. We unanimously agreed the gas karts were better to race. Yes, they’re inconsistent. There’s slow ones and fast ones. They smell bad. They’re more violent to ride in. But they add variability to the sport and we’re all gamblers.

But when I get in an Uber I don’t want it to be a gasoline car. I want most of my transportation to be electric, especially if I’m not driving it. It’s a safer, roomier safety cell and it rides nicer as long as you don’t do a roller coaster induction launch.

Tesla is a cool business for the same reason Trump is a cool candidate. It makes everyone else in the game change their attitudes and behaviors. Tesla’s distribution model and employee compensation/expectation model is the biggest change to the industry since Toyota perfected Deming’s lean just in time manufacturing and continuous improvement model.

Now I get it. They’re both huckster/charlatans. Apparently that sort of thing sits well with you.

The industry shouldn’t be led by Mercedes copying BMW copying Audi in 8 year product cycles. And on the other side, Chrysler copying GM copying Ford. Every car and car buying is going to get better.

Tesla won’t touch 90% of consumers for decades…if they stay in business until then. I did however see them everywhere while I was in San Francisco this week, they really must be shoving the cliche descriptions down your throats out there. I also noticed the catch word ‘organic’ on EVERYTHING, more than normal…you weirdos out there are clueless about everything it seems.

^^ LOL!!

Mark my words - it will be the biggest car company in the world by 2025. Your average US consumer spends $31,000 on a new car, holds it for 9 years, and spends $25,000 on gasoline to operate it over that period of time. Not only will it be the best value proposition ever for middle class households, it’s the top rated car in the world in magazines where it counts for thrift households, like Consumer Reports. No more oil changes. No more maintenance. No more gas. No more dealers. No more car accidents. No more driving.

sadly, initial quality ratings are fucking useless when choosing a car, especially when cars like Tesla suck balls on reliability ratings (which are the ones people use to make purchase decisions)

Noboy, on earth, thinks Consumer Reports is a great car reviewer, so their stupid ‘broke the rating system’ report is useless. Nobody cares because nobody uses Consumer Reports for car reviews

We use Consumer Reports for reliability data compillation of their subscribers, a massive unbiased, no advertising database of great information and real experiences. There, Tesla sucks.

JD power does short term reliability ratings, and Tesla sucks.

Car & Driver did a long test of one and it went horribly wrong. Similar experiences at many of the periodicals.

SO stop spewing useless info. Stick to the facts.

1. the financials don’t make sense. Not for the company making them. Not the gov’t subsidizing the company and the buyer. Not for the buyer overpaying for the car. None of it works.
  2. the environmental impact of making the car far outstrips the negative impact of making and maintaining a petrol car
  3. the environmental impact of the fuel source far outstrips the environmental impact of fueling a petrol car
  4. the fuel is not free…in fact it averages about $20/tank, and a tank goes half as far as a similar petrol car, so really a Tesla is $40 a tank. With oil at $42 after a 10% RALLY, you’re going to see gasoline in the $2/gallon range…aka $50/tank , in the majority of the country. In other words you’re saving just about fuck all on ‘fuel’, never mind the ghastly costs of installing the fancy fucking plug!
  5. they’re far too expensive vs. similar petrol cars, thus what’s the fucking point

Quit using your gay fucking california slanted ‘free charging at picnics’ examples to make a point and address the greater reality for the rest of America, and hte world. Or get the fuck out. You’re so fucking tedious.

I’m pretty sure few, if any, on here “mark” your words because those words are useless, unreliable, inaccurate, and generally a waste of space. You also still have not addressed the simple fact that Tesla does not, and has never, made a penny on its cars. It survives only to the extent it can soak the taxpayers. If that is your basis for concluding it will be the “biggest car company” in 10 years, then you are more delusional than I ever imagined (and that is saying something).