Seal66 Build thread

^^ truth be told a number of people make the mistake of starting in lower rpm with turbo cars. Some think that the boost onset combined with climbing to peak power “feels” like it’s the best way, but in reality, when seconds matter in a race, the car suddenly seems like it is in slow motion.

This is a very good point…but stop giving him tips, save it until after we race this weekend lol

You are correct sure. I for some reason was running the car like I was data logging. IT did take me a run or two to go shit, I need to start higher ha ha.

exactly. People talk about coming from a stage 1 b5 s4 and driving a b67 s4 with tune and exhaust and saying it’s not as fast because they dont feel the power come on (even though the b67 in 90% of cases is comfortably faster).

" I love the feeling of boost" is popular. In other words “I love that my powerband is as weak as a kitten a good part of the time and only wakes up over xxxx rpms”

If you can feel boost hit in a roll race you’re doing it wrong.

“If you can feel boost hit in a roll race you’re doing it wrong.”

QFT

In a race sure, you want your powerband to be infinite, but driving around town, spool is like the sweet sweet foreplay that tickles your balls right before the dominatrix whips you with her electric whip.

^ WTF ???

Excuse him, he has a real vivid imagination.

I don’t like to censor myself

funny…you guys shouldn’t talk about boost…you should talk about lag, because that’s what you’re really feeling.

laaaaag…the feeling of disappointment.

Downshift?

Thats not true at all.

“Turbo Threshold”

Jake knows all the turbo terminology :slight_smile: lag is very different.

Good read: http://blog.nulon.com.au/2014/05/turbochargers-turbo-lag-vs-boost-threshold/

I still think lag sounds better.

i should be updating this thread over the next few weeks. More pics and parts to go on.

Deets?

Seth loves his secrets, but I’ll booze him up tonight and sneak them out of him

#waterboarding

Mhmm