Start guessing.

Other than it shows how much faith Audi has in its DSG transmissions lol

This trend towards race gas is pissing me off

You’re not in the middle. Of the stock DSG cars to run, you are 3rd slowest out of 4 on our list, and the only one that is slower ran in 8500 feet of density altitude, likely at Bandimere in Colorado.

Regarding your times and ‘I only changed xxx’ you’re ignoring DA again. I am not sure why. Going from 2000 feet of summertime DA (evening or not, it was still hot) vs. -1500 feet of DA in February on the ocean in New York is good for 40 hp or so on your car. So why are we pretending it doesn’t matter?

Bottom line is everyone can see the numbers. In ideal conditions a DSG B8 S4 bone stock is good for 12.8 @108 or so. Hell I watched one go 13.0 @ 107 in 1200 feet of DA at Cayuga. Turbobaby when he was stock.

In ideal conditions your car with a tune, a pulley, and 110 fuel went 12.0. Great. Now we know the real delta. Around 8 tenths and probably 7-8 mph or so.

[quote]Anyway why haven’t we seen the RS7 times yet? And where is that skydome full of 10 second tune-only Benzes you promised?
[/quote]
Are you asking me, or Arin about the RS7? Your ADD is hard to follow.

I said we can fill skydome with what you don’t know. If you want to see 10 second tune only 5.5 bi-T benzes, try a google search on your ‘smart’ phone.

Lol the only biturbo Benz I’m familiar with in “the 10s” is the 10-year old stock one that beat your car over 2 runs. :sunglasses:

There is no 10-sec tune only biturbo Benz that I can find by “simply googling”. So stop talking out of your ass…AMS has their Alpha package e63 running 10.7, but that has a turbo upgrade.

The S8 tune-only is retarded fast and a huge improvement over stock, sorry if it doesn’t impress you to gain over a second and go 10s tune-only. Like you’ve ever gone 10s! later sakimenos

Go fuck yourself jspazz. You’re an ignorant fuck and I don’t need to spoonfeed you information because you’re too dumb to find it.

Well that went badly.

Anyway I did what you asked, googled it. Don’t lash out because you bullshitted us all.

This one is close enough to being in the 10’s depending on the climate conditions and driver.

http://youtu.be/8s0t3ts5pRg

According to the forum I found this next one on, they say it is a “10second tune only car”

http://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/443766-renntech-e63-w212-runs-11-15-126-7-mph-tune-only.html

Those were the first two I could find in the 3 minutes I had with my shitty internet connection. There could be more legitimate actual 10 second biturbo benz’s out there.

I don’t feel bullshitted.

I know they aren’t exactly quite 10 second proven cars, but again it was a very quick search, so I am willing to go out on a limb and say the beast exists.

Obviously, we’re getting off track, but Saki got pretty insulting about it, considering it wasn’t true and still not findable even by yourself with a simple google search. Not sure why stick with something that isn’t true, to the death.

Besides, the S8 tune-only is faster than the Alpha turbo upgrade on the E63 even. The point was it’s impressive, not sure why there’s an argument at all.

Regardless of the platform, i know I’d enjoy a 10 second car.

Looks like you’re somewhere between $14-20,000 away… That’s kind of nuts in itself, how far we’ve come. I remember being happy to get my car in the 14s, 20 years ago, and going to bikes to get a decent speed fix.

I was lucky to get pegs on my new huffy 20 years ago, haha. I was just thinking that is a crazy fast car for some asshat to buy that has the occasional road rage or fucks around on his/her cell phone while driving all the time. It is no joke to have 600hp at the end of your foot…AWD or not and these things probably aren’t exactly nimble in the turns.

^Really makes you wonder where cars will be in the next 15 years.

The E36 M3 was considered pretty damn fast in it’s day, and now a new Corolla could match it to 60mph.

600hp is a lot, and it’s not going to be long before more and more cars commonly hit that number. The limits of tires can only do so much though to keep people on the road with that much power. My porsche regularly keeps me in check when boost hits in 1st-3rd gears, and that’s only at 430whp and big ole rear tires.

Lmfao

You of all people should know that if you want to make a claim, like you did about plenty of Benzes tune only running mid 10s, then it is on you to provide information to support such claims.

Every degree of ignition is huge. :slight_smile:

Ssshhhhhhh that’s the REVO secret.

I laugh when people consider octane enhancement like race gas/methanol/e85 cheating. Cheating at what?

Race gas and meth are completely pointless to me. I consider myself an average punter. When I go down the pub with my friends and talk about cars, I talk about the new and exciting things happening in the Audi world. To a man, they agree the most relevant data is from cars running gas you can get at Shell/Petro Can etc. It’s not like Ferrari or Porsche say hey look at how fast our car is (on race gas).

E85 is different because in some states it is gas for the average man. My friends impala can run it!

Well in the NFL the average punter makes $868,005, about on par with Canadian doctors and could probably afford the race gas no problem :slight_smile:

I dunno. I don’t street race asides from the odd impromptu fun, so pump gas ‘performance’ is pretty meaningless to me. I’ve been to the real street races many many times too, north of the city back in the day…they were practically sponsored by VP haha. Trailered cars and all.

I don’t generally go to the track to measure times, just to have fun and race people. Maybe that’s not like everyone on the board here, but I have my fun when I go and sometimes the conquests are worth it (lol see earlier this thread). So if race gas and 40-90 hp more will help me, I’m on it every time. Anyway I know in not alone on this board.

I’ll never get the whole “trailered cars” to a street race thing. How much sense does that make? and what is the point of having a gutted caged car go fast on a street and not a track. I’m all for some nice street pulls, but all out race cars running sounds like a great way to die or kill spectators.

[quote=“Jspazz,post:112,topic:4793”]
Race gas for the win… I just prefer it all the time in my fun cars… No denying the improvement of it on our cars and all FI cars for that matter…

[quote=“primetime,post:114,topic:4793”]

Yes I didn’t want to be obvious… Ha

The tune having a race gas specific profile would probably make a big difference in which tuner I go with. Especially if it’s 10% gains.