Welcome, be sure to introduce yourself!

Wow, your car is gorgeous! Big fan of silver. Have a friend from Austin with a highly modified Allroad as well. I should get him in here too.

Thank you :pray:

The color is Ice Silver Metallic and I created my own Black Optics package :man_shrugging:

Hi there and welcome, your car is a beauty and i love what you have done to it look 's mean !! It will be great to follow your build on this i have an Rs4 B8 so it’s basically the car your going to build it will be great to see what you think once it’s all done and hats off to you for putting this epic engine in your car, good choice :+1::sunglasses:

Thank you for the kind words @SteveRS4. Maybe one day I’ll actually have an RS4 avant, but for the time being I’ll have to build the closest thing we can get over here in the states!

1 Like

Hey guys! Kris from Surrey, BC, Canada here.

Proud owner of a 2015 Audi RS5 in Mythos Black, metallic.

I bought this car just this past late-February! It had I believe either 52,800km or 53,200km (roughly 33,000miles) on the clock. I now have 54,500km on it. Most of the service was done at Audi Downtown Vancouver, I have all the service records. The car came with 1 more service through Audi Care (minor service, took advantage of this already) and 1 year of Audi CPO warranty that expires in March 2021.

I believe this car is 100% stock, and since I’m not confident/don’t not have the skills to work on anything in this car, I plan on purchasing a 4 year Audi After Care extended warranty service once the CPO expires, that was offered to me by the dealer.

I’m going to try stay away from mods because I don’t want to void the warranty. I understand that Audi has to prove that these mods caused the part failure, but I hear dealerships can be a nightmare to deal with. However, I do want to change the wheels to light weight forged wheels, either HRE R101 LW or the BBS FI-R. I’ve contemplated CCB brakes, but the cost is quite expensive as well, and I’m worried about cracking them on the street with road debris. Also, I’m dying for a catback exhaust, I personally prefer HMS’s sound the most.

I drive this car only once or twice a week, I want to keep it forever as it’s the last of its kind.

I was recommended this forum through Ape Factory, and thank you to Ape Factory for your commitment to this platform and sharing your knowledge with everyone!

Kris

Welcome Kris and glad you made it over here! Post up photos when you can.

On the CCB’s, I can’t say it’s never happened but more than likely, you’ll never crack the rotors due to road debris. I did worry about them cracking/failing for maybe the first month of ownership but I’ve managed to get over it, LOL. I daily drive it in a major metropolitan area and so far so good. Knock on wood.

Either one of those wheels would look fantastic too. You could get away with an exhaust and I’m pretty sure the dealer wouldn’t say squat. Once you’ve established a bit of a rapport with your service manager, you can even ask what his policy is and how strict the dealership is. There aren’t a ton of mods for this car other than suspension and honestly, you can modify that to your heart’s content. Other than the upper control arm bushings, the suspension is pretty solid.

Wellllllll I figure I should probably say hello since I signed up 2 months ago. 2015 RS5 owner here in Alberta Canada, with the full JHM and RMR setup.

Currently waiting on lightweight flywheel and high flow collector from JHM.

YouTube channel with some videos of JHM’s goodies on the car:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbp2UC1dLsvrQfI461HWf6Q

Thanks Michel for setting this all up!

Bout friggin time. What is this high flow collector you speak of?

JHM “header exchange program”.

Second hand information.

I used to live in your part of Alberta when I was in the Army, six years ago! Watched your YouTube videos and i was like, hey, I know that highway. I have strong urges to move back to Alberta, Calgary specifically.

It looks like we have the same spec car. There’s so many things I want to do to my car, but gotta prioritize other things in life first.

Some pics of my car,”SLWBOI”, and my car crew in Vancouver, BC.

Since when is this!?

Hi all, recently “approved” so thought I should introduce myself! Located in Melbourne, Australia and with Covid-19 lockdown have had more time to get back into some Audi forums.

Picked up a 2014(MY15) Suzuka Grey RS5 about 8 months ago with 29,000Km on the clock. I wanted AWD, V8 and decided I didn’t need four doors. Made the RS5 the easy choice. Easily one of the best looking cars on the road (ok I’m biased but no question it turns heads). Standard sport seats and no ceramic brakes but otherwise is fully loaded (dynamic suspension, B&O sound system, radar cruise etc).

It’s my daily driver so while I would love to get under the hood and pull things apart like some of you guys do, I’m afraid I don’t really have the time or skill to do so.

A special shout out to Ape Factory who I leaned on (virtually) by reading many of his very informative posts on so many topics when I started my search for the right RS5. It meant I asked the right questions and ensured various elements of the car has been properly maintained.

The one I settled on had been fully serviced by Audi and I had them look it over before I bought it. About a month later I noticed some oil on the ground from the rear diff and it seems the rear diff seals were weeping. Audi reparied them under goodwill (2 days worth of labour as they had to take the whole rear diff out to replace the seals) so that’s good. No leaks since. Ony other issue was a headlight globe/ballast needed replacing ($800!).

Only aftermarket changes to date are a Car Play system (wired port in armrest between front seats but seems to work the same as others on this site via the Nav button) and a ceramic paint coat with PPF on the front of the car from the doors forward. Vary happy with all of those improvements.

Last service in Jan '20 and Audi said pads and rotors will need to be done soon and quoted $6,300. Haven’t had to have them done yet and might explore some other aftermarket options!

Other changes I’m contemplating are:

• Capristo exhaust system (next door neighbour has a Mustang GT and it makes the RS5 seem a little quiet) but quite expensive (over $7k);
  • Swap out the Bridgestone S001 tyres for some Michelin PS4S;
  • Investigate a carbon clean!

Looking forward to following the adventures of RS5 owners on this site and maybe gaining some confidence in doing some more of my own DIY projects over time.

Thanks
Marcus

Welcome Marcus! Glad you made it over here. Definitely look at the aftermarket options for brake rotors. They tend to wear better and are less expensive than the OEM rotors. Great looking car, love the Suzuka. That was actually my first color choice way back when.

Hello all…

Been reading here for a bit, been on car forums since they were invented, ouch haha. spa over on Audizine, not much of a poster myself but I love getting my info from the forums. Currently I own a 2013 RS 5 Misano, this is the least modded car I have ever owned, I am pretty happy with it out of the box. So just e codes, spacers and Remus exhaust at this point. Haven’t felt the urge to mod like in the past. Maybe that will change:)

Welcome Spa! Thanks for joining! You already have a good set of mods that make a nice difference without ruining the original flavor of the car. We are here, however, to help you spend your money! But plenty of modded RS5’s on this board who can help on the advice/experience front. And we do have modaholics anonymous if needed. Post up a good photo!

Haha thx! Loving all your mod and maintenance tutorial videos they are gold :+1:t4: I’ll have to take some pics worth posting.

Hello everyone!

Been reading on the forums for a little bit now but decided to join after seeing the wealth of knowledge available over here compared to AZ. Currently own a 2014 Ibis White RS5 with a Kline exhaust, BBS CH-R, and H&R coilovers. Bought the JHM LWFW this week and plan to have that installed in July, along with maybe some headers and a JHM tune if they come out with a tune for catless headers.

1 Like

Not a crazy huge fan of lowered cars but you did it right. Love the rims great looking. Great list of mods. As far as I know JHM has a tune for catless cars you just have to contact advanced tech support and ask.

Talked to them about it they haven’t come out with one just yet, they said they would work with me if I planned on doing it.