Welcome, be sure to introduce yourself!

Welcome Spa!

Messeur Wilhelm! Welcome! Glad you came over. JHM will work with you on the catless tune. Currently working with Spiros on it. I will be there (catless)shortly come hell or high water. Things would move along more quickly if it weren’t for the pandemic.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Been a lurker on AR and AZ for a while and decided to join the community given the vast amounts of knowledge. Currently driving a stock 2013 Panther Black RS5 but exploring some exhaust options as well as other mods. Looking forward to contributing to the community and getting to know everybody.

Cheers,

Aleck

1 Like

Nice to see new members! More members = more support and products!

Car definitely looks better lowered!

2 Likes

Haven’t introduced myself here lol. I’m noggie.rs5 on Instagram and I picked up my 2014 Nogaro Blue Audi RS5 on May 4th (may the fourth be with me lol). Car came with a Milltek Exhaust and sounds lovely. It has the magic effect to help plant your foot down for a glorious v8 soundtrack

3 Likes

^^^You didn’t share the fact you bought a room-full of RS5 mods before you even bought the car!

1 Like

Whoops! Yeah so I’ve been accumulating parts and parts way before I even got the car like Michel said :sweat_smile:I had to get a part so I wouldn’t change my mind and get another car cause that’s how easily I changed my mind lol so the first thing I got way Carbon Fiber Paddles from Beast and that was supposed to be it but there were sales and opportunities along the way that ummm jebaited me lol. Black Friday sales on 034 Trans/Diff Insert. Then Michel introduced the RMR Hose and Trans Cooler and I just had to get those cause I wanted to meet him as well and feel what JHM Stage 2 felt like. I even ordered the Lightweight Flywheel before I got the car haha. Oh and I ordered BC Forged Wheels from Mops before the car arrived although I had already paid for the car. That counts right? So, what started as buying a single part to lock my purchase in spread to multiple parts that I stored in my room.

1 Like

Great forum! Just purchased a 2014 Misano Red RS5 with Ceramic brakes and Aluminum Optics. I’ve already learned so much from this forum and your videos Ape. Thanks for supporting this community. Can’t wait to try out a few of the mods.

Check out my RS5 along with my RS2 and RS6 Avants on my instagram @Blau_RS2

I’ll find and follow you on Instagram! Great color combo but I’m biased ;). Glad you found us and welcome.

Welcome, looks like a pro photo!

Welcome Marcus. There is a great threat here on carbon cleaning. I have a pair of Hawk pads with the ECSTuning front rotors. I could not be bothered with the rear rotors :slight_smile: . My stock front (second pair) are wearing down slowly, but looking to swap them early next year or so. Swapping to PS4s from Bridgestone (which I did) will make the ride smoother the feel and grip much better. THe trade off is that the fuel economy will drop a bit, but I felt like it was another car. I don’t know how much is down to the age of the tires though.

Thanks. I fitted Hawk Pads and DBS front rotors (https://automotivesuperstore.com.au/dba-dba52835wslvxd) a few weeks back, however, due to COVID I think I have only done maybe 5km on them (including the pad bedding in process!) but so far so good. I wish I hadn’t bothered with the rears! Last weekend I jacked the car up took off the wheels, used VCDS to retract the park brake but then when it came to winding back the caliper the bastard wouldn’t move (yes was using the special tool with the three pronged head that fits over the caliper). Finally got it to start winding back but the dust boot tore! So I put it all back together again and am waiting for delivery of dust boot replacements (due today). Problem is from all reports they are a PITA to install and means a brake bleed etc etc. So I think I will be off to a mechanic for assistance. I already bought the DBA rear rotors and OEM pads for fitting. Really annoying. I am looking forward to getting the PS4s in due course. I have also been in touch with JHM (although waiting for a response) about the costs of shipping a full exhaust plus hardware for the ECU/TCU stage 2 tunes (and maybe intake spacers). Unfortunately I think the shipping and exchange rate may make it prohibitive price wise and may have to go with something local. We’ll see. Expect carbon clean will be on the list as part of the exhaust and tune process although the car has only done 38,000km,

The last sentence and the intermittent camshaft position sensor implausible position (probably due to me not keeping an optimal oil level) are the reasons I have delayed getting the tune. I just started filling up a bit more regularly small amounts to maintain the level: so far so good. Again as for carbon cleaning see the thread here – you might not need to open it up. Check your misfires with VCDS cylinder 2 and 3 are most prone to carbon build up and misfire. Check your idle if it is smooth. You can always spray CRC into the intake.

One recent discovery is there can be many reasons for cylinder idle issues (outside the normal plugs, coils, injectors and carbon buildup) including PCV valves going bad. Just had this happen to me and I’m waiting on a replacement (just one side). Will report back if this changes my idle characteristics.

We have a semi-local RS4 with over 100,000 imperial miles on it which idles perfectly. And it’s never had a carbon cleaning!

Looking at data via the Ross-Tech VCDS is super helpful as is live logging of cylinder misfires with the same device. Can tell you a lot!

I changed both PCV valves using the mercedes part replacing he inner part and seals (pls see your own thread on the carbon clean). I have not noticed any difference before and after regarding the idling. It does help you identify where a seal is causing a hissing sound even without a stetoscope; I think at least one of my upper intake seals are leaking a bit so swaping.

So true. I mentioned this in one of my replies in another thread. Didn’t help the idea at all.

So the MB part worked??? I couldn’t find a good source for them and didn’t bother to look again prior to replacing mine. If I can find the OEM supplier, I might be on to something.

Yes works fine, just pop off the lid. I did not have a pick at hand at the time but still managed to change all the o-rings; you probably don’t need to, you can just silicone spray the old ones and leave them on.

I promise when I am you’ll know about it. I have been very busy and haven’t really had time to put my ride back together. It will be within a month time from now. I added a new axillary cooler from the B8 S5 Cab so that will aid my Merc racing HX in keeping my AIT cooler. I also ended up with two CWA100-3 pump so I will be running those (probably overkill) lol

It looks like a flux capacitor that’ll send you back to the future!

Hi all, been lurking for a few months and forgot to introduce myself and my car. I’ll be detailing mods slowly on my IG (@pickle.rs) if you want to follow along. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome. I will check it out.

Does the 034 transmission mount insert make a difference in the shifts?