Project Audi V10 5.2 Performance S6 / S8

I’m really curious what the capabilities of the S6 vs the S8 are. While the S8 is (according to Audi) 100 pounds heavier than the S6, it has slightly different intake, exhaust, and cooling systems that likely make up the difference, and possibly more. Aside from my mediocre Milltek vs. CV’s badass JHM exhaust, our mods are nearly identical, so it should give us a good baseline of comparison between the 2 models once the factory de-tunes in both cars are taken out of the equation.

I just bumped the differences thread. I think thats a good thread to help get all the answers out of the way. I think the biggest difference your going to see is from the exhaust. If that big thing cant breath your holding back power.

I think the best thing to do is to keep in toutch with JHM and see about getting to the JHM track day or asking of one of the JHM heads will let you know when there going to the track for testing and to go with them.

Awesome video !!!

Looking forward to seeing more

He’s alive!!! Now don’t go disappear for another 6 months ;D

PS, 13 days now since the 1/4-mile video with a “to be continued” for timeslips… poke poke poke

13 days was a long time. Let me know if this makes up for it.

http://audirevolution.net/videos/185/worlds-fastest-aud-5.2-s6-s8-v10

Also, there are some S6 JHM tuned results as well. We’ll have to wait for them to post their results. But right now, as it stands, the worlds fastest S6 5.2 V10 and S8 5.2 V10 are JHM Tuned.

I’ll make a post later talking about my thoughts on the tune. I just wanted to get this up for everyone to see.

Good stuff CV! Squeezed some nice power out of it. Starting to get cool around here, hope to see you at Milan one of these days

Nice gains. This just makes me all the more antsy while waiting on my car at JHM. It will essentially have the same mods, save for the rotors. It also makes me think, if only these heavy beasts were down some 500 pounds or so.

It seems i jumped into the fray at the right time. A renaissance of the C6 S6 thanks to JHM and owners wanting to see this platform pushed forward. I love it.

Wow, that’s awesome! You’ll be breaking into the 12’s in no time! Well, except at the moment there’s not a lot you can add. Maybe lighter wheels would get you there. Great job!

I can’t help but wonder if my S6 is the new “world’s fastest v10 s6” you’re referring to… I know JHM is working on at least 3 S6’s right now, so who knows, they might have one with all of my mods plus a better exhaust that’s a little faster.

Same here, I’ve got the same mods as CV save for the exhaust (Mine is a Milltek, not a JHM). Sounds like my S6 should easily push low 13’s once I get it back. I wish I had a photo of our pair of Black S6’s on lifts at JHM!

Hmm… If I only knew someone with the answer to that…

Such a tease ;D lol

I just got back from a week in europe, how’s the ol’ S6 coming along?

Yeah, it’s a shame I am so far from the shop, otherwise I’d be up there periodically sneaking shots. ;D

I’m so close yet so far… While you’re 5 hours away, I’m 2 hours away, neither is convenient. Such a cool shop though - I’ll try to snap some photos when I pick up my car if I’m not too distracted by the overwhelming joy of having my car back and better than ever

Watched your video about 8 times in a row, such a cool car. It’s funny, even though I own a black S6 I can’t tell the difference between it and your S8. They look like exactly the same car from a distance. I guess the S8 is just a hair bigger/roomier?

WOW a full second off what the car does stock. And its not just the worlds fastest its the worlds fastest by a long shot. The next closest tuned time is over a half a second slower and several mph lower.

When you really think about it thats 4.2 8000rpm Rs4 fast. That is close to the stock RS4 times

A few questions. Did you have after market air filters or anything else different or that you didnt get a chance to add in the video.

Also the car still has the cats on it. can you imagine what power will be available if you pulled the cats out. I would love to hear where you go from here with the car

By my rough calculation, with the help of a cheesy online estimation tool, each 100 pounds you can remove from the car, should roughly lower your time by 0.1 seconds. So if you can somehow manage to get 100 more pounds out of there, you should be down in the 12’s :smiley: What are the details on your run? 93 octane gas? How many gallons? Spare tire in or out? Taking out the spare tire and 3 gallons of gas should shave 100 pounds right there, if you didn’t already do that.

Also curious what drive mode you had the car in. Sport mode or regular Drive? Traction control turned off I assume?

I’ve found that I often get better launches in Sport mode because the throttle is so much more sensitive. It feels like throttle gets scaled at 4x, so when the pedal is pushed 25% the ECU is actually seeing 100% signal. At least that’s how it feels to me. Throttle is much sloppier in regular Drive mode, actually have to pound it to the floor to get 100% throttle position. Which, obviously you’re doing during a drag race, but the car’s already started forward motion before you get it that far.

Are there any decent lightweight batteries for these cars?

Sorry, it took me so long to get back I have been busy with the car trying to take down the 12-second barrier.

Let me first handle your questions.

The car was in sport mode with the suspension set in dynamic.
The ESP should always be off if you’re at the track or you’re looking for full acceleration.
The fuel was straight 93. Keep in mind though that California 91 is terrible and if you’re going to take your NA S6 to the track it’s best you try to get some better fuel. Even though the JHM tune is for 91 it can expand once better octane is present. Getting better octane just helps pull more heat out. When you’re sitting at the track and you’re going to be going WOT several times back to back to back y its good to just have a better grade of gas.

The JHM tune is a just plug and play, it’s easy and really helps bring the V10 out of the V10. Before the V10 was nice but now at every RPM every input of the throttle the car is eager to accelerate and the response is right in line with the pedal travel. I also notied a nice increase in MPG

hahaha ‘Old School P&K Production’

solid

Thank you, Thank you…